DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
highly agree with the pacing...especially

final act...they literally skip a whole fukking battle :gucci: and how the JS gets through the lair

how they detailing there's only one way in/out then all of a sudden BA is fighting dudes then next scene they're already at the center of the lair :russ:

is BA that strong they skip entire sections of movie to get to the end?
There was no "sneaking" plan after Black Adam's entry, just follow the hole and the dead people.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Calling him Shazam ruins the character in story too:
1) He can now say the word without transforming which is his signature weakness.
2) His sidekicks can't have names like Mary Marvel/Captain Marvel Jr./Sgt. Marvel/ Lt. Marvel...they're all just "Shazam".

You're right, the last 3 years DC's direction is Batman OD.
a friend of mine hated Shazam because he felt like the child actor was more mature acting the grownup actor playing the same the character..
The kid was basically this brooding low key street savvy kid dealing with bullies and a mother who doesn't love him. kinda serious all the time,
then when he transforms into an adult body heacts all childish and goofy. like a caricature of a teenager

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
a friend of mine hated Shazam because he felt like the child actor was more mature acting the grownup actor playing the same the character..
The kid was basically this brooding low key street savvy kid dealing with bullies and a mother who doesn't love him. kinda serious all the time,
then when he transforms into an adult body heacts all childish and goofy. like a caricature of a teenager
That's a very good point but that's kind of how the character of Shazam/Billy Bastian has been portrayed throughout. Down on his luck kid with a tough exterior that doesn't have time to really be a child but once he has powers he can fully let his guard down and act his true age but has to grow up fast and deal with adult situations that come with his powers.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Renaming Captain Marvel 'Shazam' makes about as much sense as renaming the Power Rangers 'Morphin' Time' or Calling He-man 'Power Of Greyskull'

If they had to rename him, I would've chosen 'Captain Thunder'....that was his Flashpoint name.
But his books were already titled Shazam and people knew the word and phrase shazam better than Captain Marvel…since the 50s

Its more like renaming the Dodge Charger “Hellcat” permenantly. Or renaming Family Matters “Urkle”.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Unstoppable
The nominations have been announced for the People’s Choice Awards and The Rock has picked up six of them. He has three for his new film Black Adam and another three for Young Rock. The list includes:
Action Movie of 2022: Black Adam

Male Movie Star of 2022: Dwayne Johnson – Black Adam
Action Movie Star of 2022: Dwayne Johnson – Black Adam
Comedy Show of 2022: Young Rock
Male TV Star of 2022: Dwayne Johnson – Young Rock
Comedy TV Star of 2022: Dwayne Johnson – Young Rock

Lol

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Unstoppable
The nominations have been announced for the People’s Choice Awards and The Rock has picked up six of them. He has three for his new film Black Adam and another three for Young Rock. The list includes:
Action Movie of 2022: Black Adam

Lol
:wtf:...Doesn't someone else play him on Young Rock?