DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
My review.

So... my thoughts.

Being transparent, I went into this with no knowledge of Black Adam really. I never paid attention to the character growing up as I was mainly a Marvel head and the only DC comics I read were Batman and Superman. So this was practically my introduction to the character.

With that being said, the name "Teth Adam" goes harder to me than "Black Adam". I don't even know why, but I like the way it rolls off my tongue, no :mjpls:

But speaking of :mjpls:, can we talk about how the only black character got ragdolled the entire movie? :what:

And I know, the Rock is Black. But his racially ambiguous ass wasn't playing a Black character in this movie. He was playing a middle easterner.

So again I say, the only Black character stayed getting knocked on his ass. Which I hated if I'm being honest. I've always been a fan of the actor and he had a great Hawkman portrayal. I loved it. I would love to see a Hawkman movie but I wonder if it would ever get made since we seen him get beat up practically for all of this movie.

But other than that, he stole all the scenes he was in. Speaking of, they could have slowed down the part where his lawn retracted at his estate for his jet to come out the ground. That stuff moved way too fast :pachaha:

I loved the beginning of the movie when Black Adam first wakes up. My man immediately went into wreck-it mode. I loved that entire scene.

Was it just me or did they never explain the technology intergang had? :dahell:

They had guns that could hurt Teth Adam, along with super speed jets. I feel like it was never explained where that tech came from.

The slow down fight scenes are as much a part of DC now as the hallway fights are a part of Netflix Marvel. I didn't like the slow down stuff at first but it's growing on me. I love the shots in those scenes.

I think the movie had some obvious Hollywood tropes (somebody riling up the locals to get them to fight for their home, etc), but they did them very well. And the humor was minimal but well done. I was cracking up when ole boy rolled up to "Baby Come Back".

Is it just me or was Dr Fate nerfed? :dahell:

I always thought he was way more powerful than what we saw. And I hated that we didn't get to see Dr Fate. I feel like all we saw was Kent in the Dr Fate helmet. I always thought Dr Fate was his own personality, but that wasn't showcased here.

All in all, it was a good movie. I loved that they showed how powerful Teth Adam was at all times, such as when he was in the boy's bedroom and just casually walked through the walls while everybody was :damn:

Thar was :banderas:

I love how they tease the fight between him and Superman. I can't wait to see that.

Speaking of, since when can Amanda Waller call in Superman?

Since when does the Justice Society work for Amanda Waller?

And what rendition of the Justice Society was this? Dr Fate is the only Justice Society member in this movie from the comics if I remember correctly.

I could be wrong tho.

The technology they were using was based on the minerals at the beginning of the movie. The crown is based on the same material. Probably an antithesis to magical beings, although it is used to empower demonic ones. Aka Black Adam's kryptonite. It was in their vehicles and some of their weapons.

I've said it before, but the movie must have been written multiple times and they took pieces from all and shoved them into that horrible script we got.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Absolute ass, that kid must have powerful parents to be in the movie this much.

Rock as Adam has potential, and Supes is piff but the rest...sheesh.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just finished it, movie went hard as fukk. People getting the shyt beat out of them left and right, no bullshyt romance plot, no overdone comedy, no stereotypes, agendas, shucking and jiving. Just pure action. Not perfect, but if you were waiting for a no bullshyt superhero movie, here you go. I see why cacs are mad, too many Black and Black Adjacent people not bowing to cacs. 8/10

Best non-Batman DC movie

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Went in IMAX with my kid today. We thought it was cool, little man gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

I know nothing about Dr. Fate or Atom Smasher, but they were giving me Dr. Strange and (giant) Ant-Man vibes, respectively and respectfully.

Guess you gotta have that annoying kid character in these type of films now but still :francis:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Went in IMAX with my kid today. We thought it was cool, little man gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

I know nothing about Dr. Fate or Atom Smasher, but they were giving me Dr. Strange and (giant) Ant-Man vibes, respectively and respectfully.

Guess you gotta have that annoying kid character in these type of films now but still :francis:
Dr. Strange is Marvel's copy of Dr. Fate, IDK who is first between AM and AS. Marvel and DC did this ALL the time.

I wasn't bothered by the kid, myself. He wasn't nearly as bad as some of the kids in these movies, and at least he wasn't a cac girl:manny:

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I saw it Tuesday night. I'm not really into any of the superhero movies, but I guess it was alright, however I thought it would be a little more crowded. But that worked out fine for me, and I didn't have anybody sitting beside me this time. Sometimes that alone can ruin a movie, if it's somebody acting weird.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I saw it Tuesday night. I'm not really into any of the superhero movies, but I guess it was alright, however I thought it would be a little more crowded. But that worked out fine for me, and I didn't have anybody sitting beside me this time. Sometimes that alone can ruin a movie, if it's somebody acting weird.
Yeah, it wasn't very packed for week 2 on Friday night. I think cacs are mad. Can't see why else. For a DC movie, this is top tier. If trash ass Aquaman can make a billion, there's zero reason this shouldn't.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah, it wasn't very packed for week 2 on Friday night. I think cacs are mad. Can't see why else. For a DC movie, this is top tier. If trash ass Aquaman can make a billion, there's zero reason this shouldn't.
Inflation is hitting disposable income. Halloween. Tepid reviews with Black Panther a week out isn’t doing this any favors.

This needed to be exceptional to get a billion.

Panther will probably lap this in two days.