DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Daps
My review.

So... my thoughts.

Being transparent, I went into this with no knowledge of Black Adam really. I never paid attention to the character growing up as I was mainly a Marvel head and the only DC comics I read were Batman and Superman. So this was practically my introduction to the character.

With that being said, the name "Teth Adam" goes harder to me than "Black Adam". I don't even know why, but I like the way it rolls off my tongue, no :mjpls:

But speaking of :mjpls:, can we talk about how the only black character got ragdolled the entire movie? :what:

And I know, the Rock is Black. But his racially ambiguous ass wasn't playing a Black character in this movie. He was playing a middle easterner.

So again I say, the only Black character stayed getting knocked on his ass. Which I hated if I'm being honest. I've always been a fan of the actor and he had a great Hawkman portrayal. I loved it. I would love to see a Hawkman movie but I wonder if it would ever get made since we seen him get beat up practically for all of this movie.

But other than that, he stole all the scenes he was in. Speaking of, they could have slowed down the part where his lawn retracted at his estate for his jet to come out the ground. That stuff moved way too fast :pachaha:

I loved the beginning of the movie when Black Adam first wakes up. My man immediately went into wreck-it mode. I loved that entire scene.

Was it just me or did they never explain the technology intergang had? :dahell:

They had guns that could hurt Teth Adam, along with super speed jets. I feel like it was never explained where that tech came from.

The slow down fight scenes are as much a part of DC now as the hallway fights are a part of Netflix Marvel. I didn't like the slow down stuff at first but it's growing on me. I love the shots in those scenes.

I think the movie had some obvious Hollywood tropes (somebody riling up the locals to get them to fight for their home, etc), but they did them very well. And the humor was minimal but well done. I was cracking up when ole boy rolled up to "Baby Come Back".

Is it just me or was Dr Fate nerfed? :dahell:

I always thought he was way more powerful than what we saw. And I hated that we didn't get to see Dr Fate. I feel like all we saw was Kent in the Dr Fate helmet. I always thought Dr Fate was his own personality, but that wasn't showcased here.

All in all, it was a good movie. I loved that they showed how powerful Teth Adam was at all times, such as when he was in the boy's bedroom and just casually walked through the walls while everybody was :damn:

Thar was :banderas:

I love how they tease the fight between him and Superman. I can't wait to see that.

Speaking of, since when can Amanda Waller call in Superman?

Since when does the Justice Society work for Amanda Waller?

And what rendition of the Justice Society was this? Dr Fate is the only Justice Society member in this movie from the comics if I remember correctly.

I could be wrong tho.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some good 80s style action fukkin mufukkaz up with no fukks given, corny but hilarious catch phrases, and low to no forced agenda shyt. And Especially with no emasculation of brothas.

Aldis killed it and his Hawkman suit was fly (no pun intended :pachaha: )
Looks like Im going to the movies for the first time since COVID. :blessed:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
My review.

So...

But speaking of :mjpls:, can we talk about how the only black character got ragdolled the entire movie? :what:
Hawkman went blow for blow with Adam until Adam started using super speed in the apartment complex. Both dudes were durable as fukk.

And then Hawkman had to fight the God damned Devil after that!

And Cyclone was black too or does she not count?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My review.

So... my thoughts.

Being transparent, I went into this with no knowledge of Black Adam really. I never paid attention to the character growing up as I was mainly a Marvel head and the only DC comics I read were Batman and Superman. So this was practically my introduction to the character.

With that being said, the name "Teth Adam" goes harder to me than "Black Adam". I don't even know why, but I like the way it rolls off my tongue, no :mjpls:

And I know, the Rock is Black. But his racially ambiguous ass wasn't playing a Black character in this movie. He was playing a middle easterner.

So again I say, the only Black character stayed getting knocked on his ass. Which I hated if I'm being honest. I've always been a fan of the actor and he had a great Hawkman portrayal. I loved it. I would love to see a Hawkman movie but I wonder if it would ever get made since we seen him get beat up practically for all of this movie.

But other than that, he stole all the scenes he was in. Speaking of, they could have slowed down the part where his lawn retracted at his estate for his jet to come out the ground. That stuff moved way too fast :pachaha:

I loved the beginning of the movie when Black Adam first wakes up. My man immediately went into wreck-it mode. I loved that entire scene.

They had guns that could hurt Teth Adam, along with super speed jets. I feel like it was never explained where that tech came from.

The slow down fight scenes are as much a part of DC now as the hallway fights are a part of Netflix Marvel. I didn't like the slow down stuff at first but it's growing on me. I love the shots in those scenes.

I think the movie had some obvious Hollywood tropes (somebody riling up the locals to get them to fight for their home, etc), but they did them very well. And the humor was minimal but well done. I was cracking up when ole boy rolled up to "Baby Come Back".

I always thought he was way more powerful than what we saw. And I hated that we didn't get to see Dr Fate. I feel like all we saw was Kent in the Dr Fate helmet. I always thought Dr Fate was his own personality, but that wasn't showcased here.

All in all, it was a good movie. I loved that they showed how powerful Teth Adam was at all times, such as when he was in the boy's bedroom and just casually walked through the walls while everybody was :damn:

I love how they tease the fight between him and Superman. I can't wait to see that.

And what rendition of the Justice Society was this? Dr Fate is the only Justice Society member in this movie from the comics if I remember correctly.

I could be wrong tho.

Cyclone Actress and The Rock of course are Half Black....so we claiming em!!! :birdman:

Daps
Hawkman went blow for blow with Adam until Adam started using super speed in the apartment complex. Both dudes were durable as fukk.

And then Hawkman had to fight the God damned Devil after that!

And Cyclone was black too or does she not count?

Hawk is durable but took too many L's, even comedic L's such as when he got smacked down by Atom.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
My review.

So... my thoughts.

I could be wrong tho.
I'll check k out this review after I watch....I'll fit in some time next Mon.

Last edited: