DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I read a review that said it was literally the worst movie of all time. I don't know if it's pandering to Disney or them just riding a wave of it being fun to shyt on DC movies, but this movie shows why I don't take no movie critics seriously anymore when it comes to comic book movies.

WB primary issue going forward with their movie plan is that Disney groomed all of the reviewers into Marvel stans.

That is a huge problem.

I like how this film doesn't try to conform to what they like.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was good

Rock did his thing as BA.. the dynamic between him and the kid reminded me of Terminator 2

Hawkman and Fate were strong supporting casts

I saw ppl criticize the villain as being forgettable.. plot wise, it’s almost as if BA plays the hero and villain respectively so I can bypass that.. the action scenes were also dope

Amanda Waller seems to be the Nick Fury of the DCEU.. I’m glad that’s 1 constant that WB hasn’t interfered with

In regards to all this Superman chatter, that’s funny they’re basically positioning him as a Superman villain now. The Shazam crossover needs to happen first[\spoiler]

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Does the movie give DC some hope when it comes to their movie universe?

I might go see it...either way
They have multiple universes happening

Joker in its own

The Batman in its own

Rest are in one

Having this approach is actually good and doesn’t force the connectiveness which allows more diverse stories and characters.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she had Supes on call like that, why bother with the JSA. Send in Superman or the full JL.

Action was on point, plot was Love and Thunder bad. Tone was perfect, now give me Kal El vs Teth Adam

Edit: skateboard kid was stupid, but this is a character who deals with talking lions and telepathic worms

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just got back from seeing it. Due to the terrible reviews I only went fo see it because my daughter was hype to see it, so I went in with low expectations.

It was a VERY enjoyable movie. The Rock did his thing. Aldis Hodge & Pierce Bronson did their thing. The fight scenes were well done. I literally saw NOTHING wrong with the film other than the annoying ass kid.

I’d love to see a sequel

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Just got back from seeing it. Due to the terrible reviews I only went fo see it because my daughter was hype to see it, so I went in with low expectations.

It was a VERY enjoyable movie. The Rock did his thing. Aldis Hodge & Pierce Bronson did their thing. The fight scenes were well done. I literally saw NOTHING wrong with the film other than the annoying ass kid.

I’d love to see a sequel

As much as people may have been annoyed with the kid, he was necessary in bringing out the hero in black Adam

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

SITTING A 41% CRITIC/90% AUDIENCE
ROTTEN TOMATOES SCORE.

THE ONLY TIME IVE SEEN
SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENTIAL
BETWEEN THE CRITICS/AUDIENCE
WAS SHE HULK BUT IN REVERSE.

:jbhmm: WHATS GOING ON HERE?
:devil:
:evil:

It’s bizarre but like I stated, dc has had better stuff this year and it makes even more sense why they scrapped batwoman

I enjoyed all of the Batman, black Adam and season 1 of peacemaker more than anything marvel has put out in 2022

Wakanda forever can certainly end up at the top of that list tho

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If she had Supes on call like that, why bother with the JSA. Send in Superman or the full JL.

I took it as she DIDN’T have him on call like that. He showed up basically because Adam had everyone shook and he wanted to see what the fuss was about for himself

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As much as people may have been annoyed with the kid, he was necessary in bringing out the hero in black Adam

I get it. Especially after the “twist” (which I really enjoyed and thought was well done)

But the kid was still annoying as all hell. There are ways of having a kid involved where he’s not sucking the life out of the film. He was ok at the beginning when Adam was in his room but got progressively worse as the film went on.

The uncle was actually a better character