DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This shyt was mediocre as hell.

Doesn’t help that the kids audio was clearly re-recorded at some point in a studio and the shyt was not synced to his mouth moving at all. Anytime that kid started talking it took me out of the scene, and he was in a lot of scenes.

The after credit scene was better than the rest of the movie. Did we really see this guy swim up from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean without his powers?

This was better than Thor by far but not Dr. Strange.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good movie. Like most of yall said the plot really didnt make too much sense it was just a vehicle to show black adam fukkin shyt up so i didnt mind. Rock wanted to make a villain likeable so having a story like this was the only way to have it 50/50 when BA is already a full blown villain with an understandable motive.

With the after credit scene you know the rock is happy to have an on screen competitor that is physically his match without having to stand on crates like Vin

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They have multiple universes happening

Joker in its own

The Batman in its own

Rest are in one

Having this approach is actually good and doesn’t force the connectiveness which allows more diverse stories and characters.
Like comicbooks the original source material....which movie fans don't actually read:francis:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If she had Supes on call like that, why bother with the JSA. Send in Superman or the full JL.

Action was on point, plot was Love and Thunder bad. Tone was perfect, now give me Kal El vs Teth Adam

Edit: skateboard kid was stupid, but this is a character who deals with talking lions and telepathic worms
She referred to it as a favor I assume when Bloodsport shot his ass with the kryptonite bullet perhaps she helped save him with her resources. Superman of course knowing that this other being now exists he'd be invested in making sure he's not a threat to the planet.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was good. Better than thor. I dont like the light hearted, juvenile approach marvel took after the Thanos saga. So i really appreciated the darker tone black adam had. And Lets face it, it was the dark aspect of comic book characters that made the industry, so im hoping for a quick death to the slapstick , friendly neighborhood superhero thing marvel is doing now.

Also, i agree with the rest of yall. That kid was very unnecessary. I was hoping Adam would pass on his powers to the kid just to rationalize that kid's existence but that never happened. Little dude was basically the series' mascot. Also im kinda dissapointed at fate. He is supposed to be one of the most powerful entities in DC. I dont think he shouldve been that useless. Dr strange's current iteration actually seems stronger than the version of fate we saw in this film and that is sad, given the insane power scaling of DC vs marvel.

Finally, im excited that supes has been reintroduced. Him vs shazam vs black adam is supposed to be a legendary engagement, if DC can execute it cleanly.:wow:

So i know this is kinda a minor thing but i loved the depiction of black adam's strength/speed in the scene where he accidentally took the motorcyclist from Egypt to china. I had to chuckle a little bit at the clean execution there.

This crazy scale of powers is what makes the dc realm godly.:blessed:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

SITTING A 41% CRITIC/90% AUDIENCE
ROTTEN TOMATOES SCORE.

THE ONLY TIME IVE SEEN
SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENTIAL
BETWEEN THE CRITICS/AUDIENCE
WAS SHE HULK BUT IN REVERSE.

:jbhmm: WHATS GOING ON HERE?
:devil:
:evil:

We know what’s going on

Shills being exposed like a mufukka

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
This shyt was mediocre as hell.

Doesn’t help that the kids audio was clearly re-recorded at some point in a studio and the shyt was not synced to his mouth moving at all. Anytime that kid started talking it took me out of the scene, and he was in a lot of scenes.

The after credit scene was better than the rest of the movie. Did we really see this guy swim up from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean without his powers?

This was better than Thor by far but not Dr. Strange.
It's that bad? Strange was terrible.