Daps
truth-will-smith.gif

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch this guy got enough Twitter followers for ya?

This is why I asked you if this shyt was personal. :mjlol:

I posted a Tweet reporting the news, nothing extra. You now have a contradictory one which describes it as barely breaking even (Less than $100m in profit). If that shakes out to your narrative, you got it pleighboi.

If you like it, I love it.:hubie:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
To be honest, I still haven't seen the movie. I haven't seen Wakanda Forever either. I'll probably wait for them to hit streaming. I just don't have any interest in CMBs at the moment because fatigue has set in. I'll get back into it when Spider-verse comes out next year.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's interesting.

Jason Momoa ain't a box office draw (double plastic status) however he was still a relatively young brotha (37 at the time) and i recall during the Aquaman campaign many females were gushing over him. That and while the general public maybe didn't care for "Aquaman", i think Momoa as "Aquabro" + the marketing of "Atlantis" as the immersive backdrop is what intrigued people about the IP.

Whereas from the first trailer of Black Adam, Rock (50) looked old. No longer the young guy that kids idolized and women wanted to throw themselves on. More like if your grumpy uncle was a roid head. That and there was nothing intriguing/innovative in the marketing of the IP.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
this story is pretty interesting. the rock thought he was going to lead the DC universe making 50+ mill a movie plus royalties and give his 7 buck production credit only for WB and james gunn to dead that.

:mjlol: nikka was talking about the "Black Adam universe" and shyt.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
:mjlol: nikka was talking about the "Black Adam universe" and shyt.
Villains are side characters. The only ones to break that are Harley and Venom.

He would have been better going the Cena route and bringing some lesser name hero like Adam Strange to screen.

He is trying to recenter himself into a Superman character.