DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I can't post pics from suicide squad or peacemaker because it would spoil stuff.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great fukking movie…would’ve loved to see this in theaters...still precautious about being in closed spaces with large groups of ppl tho

was not really into DC growing up when I was into comics but I’m still familiar with a lot of characters by name and face…can anyone suggest any black adam comics or graphic novels to read?

I’ll probably google some shyt too

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
How powerful is hawkman in the comics? I see people in here saying they were treating him like a jobber in all his scenes, but it seems like he held his own rather well going against Roack's character who is basically a god.
Honestly they buffed him up it was just he was stuck fighting fukking Black Adam :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: He never got knocked out or backed down though:ufdup:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
How powerful is hawkman in the comics? I see people in here saying they were treating him like a jobber in all his scenes, but it seems like he held his own rather well going against Roack's character who is basically a god.
They've changed it a bunch of times but Ditko said he's not as strong as Spiderman and even Deathstroke has overpowered him physically. So he's above say Captain America but not much beyond that. It's the Nth metal that provides the strength and the fact that their home planet has higher gravity than Earth, so they're genetically stronger than humans.

His main thing is his tenacity, b*stard doesn't quit. They've given him special items to boost him though, like the Horus gauntlets or whatever. He's like a base level Hulk then.

daemonova

Daps
They've changed it a bunch of times but Ditko said he's not as strong as Spiderman and even Deathstroke has overpowered him physically. So he's above say Captain America but not much beyond that. It's the Nth metal that provides the strength and the fact that their home planet has higher gravity than Earth, so they're genetically stronger than humans.

His main thing is his tenacity, b*stard doesn't quit. They've given him special items to boost him though, like the Horus gauntlets or whatever. He's like a base level Hulk then.

daemonova

Daps
Negro did you just copy and paste me to Twitter? :deadrose:

As far as the question in the Tweet, yeah they're from Thanagar originally. Their race are aggressive AF, invaded Earth, all that shyt.
I don't know how they are giving to sell that in the movies. Yt folks already rolling theirneyes, they don't want to hear all that

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I don't know how they are giving to sell that in the movies. Yt folks already rolling theirneyes, they don't want to hear all that
Remember I told you it's been changed a lot, it's been retconned repeatedly to the point where DC editors literally banned writers from using the name. In one version he's the human reincarnation of the original Hawkman (The Thanagarian alien) with all his memories but none of his physical abilities. So he's an alien soul in a human body due to an Egyptian curse, yeah make it make sense.

They'll probably go with that if they decide to go with a solo flick.