David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sounds like juelzing? Well we have already established you are lacking when it comes to comprehension. You bypassed what I said and wrote it of as juelzing when common sense will tell you that a game released in 2018 won’t be played as much years down the line because people would have already accessed it via the means it was originally available by (Sony console).
No. Both games have been out for years. AOE has been out longer than Spiderman on PC. We are way passed the point of one game or the other being more popular due to the time it released. AOE is just the more popular game right now.

So yes you were jewelzing away from reality :stopitslime:
We just saw what exclusives can do for a system in midfield, imagine the game was solely on Xbox and didn’t have a simultaneous release with the PC. Guarantee you that if it was to hit PC years later the numbers would be relatively smaller on account of people who wanted the game going out and buying an Xbox years before. Despite the simultaneous release with PC look what Starfield did in boosting sales for the Xbox now just imagine it was Xbox only.
Has nothing to do with the prior convo.

It was claimed that “xbox games are trash that nobody is playing”

That is clearly false.:ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No. Both games have been out for years. AOE has been out longer than Spiderman on PC. We are way passed the point of one game or the other being more popular do to the time it released. AOE is just the more popular game right now.

So yes you were jewelzing away from reality :stopitslime:

Has nothing to do with the prior convo.

It was claimed that “xbox games are trash that nobody is playing”

That is clearly false.:ehh:
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: I just broke it down for you and still. Are you intentionally being obtuse? And my comparison with Starfield and Xbox was to point out the fact that people will buy a console if they want to play a game. So if I had a PC and Spider-Man wasn’t on it and I wanted to play it badly I would get a console that the game is on. So why then would I repurchase it again when it hits PC?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: I just broke it down for you and still. Are you intentionally being obtuse? And my comparison with Starfield and Xbox was to point out the fact that people will buy a console if they want to play a game. So if I had a PC and Spider-Man wasn’t on it and I wanted to play it badly I would get a console that the game is on. So why then would I repurchase it again when it hits PC?
Just because you said it, don’t make it true.

Some of the most popular games on steam right now came out a long time ago. BG3 is supposed to be the biggest game of the year, and games that came out YEARS ago are still more popular than it right now.

So your argument is broken from the jump.

And both markets are separate enough that if spider-man releases on PC it should have a huge market of potential buyers. Again Spiderman it PC AFTER AOE came out.

And AOE is available for “free” on gamepass. Year still has more players than spider-man on steam.

So yeah, it’s just the more popular game right now.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Just because you said it, don’t make it true.

Some of the most popular games on steam right now came out a long time ago. BG3 is supposed to be the biggest game of the year, and games that came out YEARS ago are still more popular than it right now.

So your argument is broken from the jump.

And both markets are separate enough that if spider-man releases on PC it should have a huge market of potential buyers. Again Spiderman it PC AFTER AOE came out.

And AOE is available for “free” on gamepass. Year still has more players than spider-man on steam.

So yeah, it’s just the more popular game right now.

And I am not disputing that as the figures are there what I am saying is that Spider-Man is an old game hence the figure for people playing is moot. Say in a few weeks when Spider-Man 2 drops and if it was simultaneously released on PC then you would naturally have a higher amount of players. And like I initially stated AOE gams is designed for repeated playthroughs.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall are slow. Its not about having non-stop exclusive releases
GTFOH :camby:

Don't try to change up the narrative now after years of "where the games at"

It was never just about games, it was about just a certain type of game and now that MS is equipped to drop those types of games on a more frequent basis, now it was never about non stop exclusives.

Meanwhile what you listed is a bunch of exclusive games that just so happen to drop in a certain timeframe that made y'all think y'all would have back to back exclusive games perpetually going forward but in reality, it was just the fruits of labor coming forth at the end of a generation.

Nintendo been in the game, and Sony came in the game leaning on the support of 3rd party for its entire PS1 run. Both from the mecha of gaming, Japan and Sony being worldwide conglomerate.

Yet somehow Sony Stan's want MS to come in the game not use their money make triple A knockout games and just build off that.

"The American dream" :mjlol:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And I am not disputing that as the figures are there what I am saying is that Spider-Man is an old game hence the figure for people playing is moot. Say in a few weeks when Spider-Man 2 drops and if it was simultaneously released on PC then you would naturally have a higher amount of players. And like I initially stated AOE gams is designed for repeated playthroughs.
AOE is an old game too. It’s also on more platforms, available in the cloud, xbox store, and on gamepass. So it’s player base would be more spread out than spider-man.

None of it is an apples to apples comparison. But again. The original post i was responding to said “xbox games are trash that nobody is playing”

Nobody would say that about spiderman, yet less people are playing it right now than most xbox games.

Sony gamers have built an information bubble where they think the games they play and enjoy are the only games that exist. But as we see that’s, just not true.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do folks keep saying BG3 has been out for years? It was in early access. Only parts of act 1 were available.

And why are people acting like Xbox is brand new, they’ve been having developers under their belt since the early 00s. They were running shyt 2 generations ago

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
AOE is an old game too. It’s also on more platforms, available in the cloud, xbox store, and on gamepass. So it’s player base would be more spread out than spider-man.

None of it is an apples to apples comparison. But again. The original post i was responding to said “xbox games are trash that nobody is playing”

Nobody would say that about spiderman, yet less people are playing it right now than most xbox games.

Sony gamers have built an information bubble where they think the games they play and enjoy are the only games that exist. But as we see that’s, just not true.

:stopitslime:So Xbox and PC just like PlayStation and PC, yes apples and oranges and the player figure chart you brought up is irrelevant in regards to the overall popularity of both games and doesn’t reflect if one id more popular considering the core base of one is solely on console and that it initially dropped in 2018 as opposed to AOE 2021. Besides Spiderman sold 20 million. While the entire AOE series (just so we are clear all the games) has sold 25 million.

So you putting up those numbers was a moot point. Just trying to paint a narrative as per usual. Spider-Man 2 will sell amazingly well and will be highly reviewed despite what David Jaffe thinks.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Why do folks keep saying BG3 has been out for years? It was in early access. Only parts of act 1 were available.

And why are people acting like Xbox is brand new, they’ve been having developers under their belt since the early 00s. They were running shyt 2 generations ago
I have seen other posters say the same thing, either they are completely ignorant as to what early access is or they are trying to spin an angle here. Funnily enough the other poster I saw saying the same thing was stanning a certain “game of the generation”.:jbhmm:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:stopitslime:So Xbox and PC just like PlayStation and PC,
No. Those numbers are for Steam alone. Spider-man is only available on steam for PC so everyone that’s playing Spiderman on PC is playing on steam.

AOE is available in the xbox store. In the cloud which you don’t even need a PC for, and on Gamepass.

So the people playing AOE on PC are spread out across more platforms, yet still just on steam it has lots more players than spider-man.

yes apples and oranges and the player figure chart you brought up is irrelevant in regards to the overall popularity of both games and doesn’t reflect if one id more popular considering the core base of one is solely on console and that it initially dropped in 2018 as opposed to AOE 2021. Besides Spiderman sold 20 million. While the entire AOE series (just so we are clear all the games) has sold 25 million.
All you’ve done here is prove AOE is the more popular franchise. More sales over time, more players today.

Sounds about right to me :ehh:
So you putting up those numbers was a moot point. Just trying to paint a narrative as per usual. Spider-Man 2 will sell amazingly well and will be highly reviewed despite what David Jaffe thinks.
Never said it wouldn’t.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No. Those numbers are for Steam alone. Spider-man is only available on steam for PC so everyone that’s playing Spiderman on PC is playing on steam.

AOE is available in the xbox store. In the cloud which you don’t even need a PC for, and on Gamepass.

So the people playing AOE on PC are spread out across more platforms, yet still just on steam it has lots more players than spider-man.

All you’ve done here is prove AOE is the more popular franchise. More sales over time, more players today.

Sounds about right to me :ehh:

Never said it wouldn’t.
Xbox store and gamepass is still Xbox, I said PC and Xbox because your been demonstrably false again so I dismissed your statement about Cloud. You know good and dam well that Spider-Man is also on cloud gaming but play dumb.

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Did you just say the AOE series is more popular than Spider-Man? This is why I broke it down for you in that post as things seem to go over your head. Noticed in the post you quote I have in brackets (just so we are clear all the games) meaning all the games released under the banner of AOE. Just to further simplify things that is 9 games. So 9 AOE games has sold 25 million games compared to one Spider-Man game selling 20 million so that means the series is more popular? Wow just wow, they wasn’t lying when they said you Xbrehs are special.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So now AoE is a more popular IP than Spider-Man.

:russ: