David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox store and gamepass is still Xbox, I said PC and Xbox because your been demonstrably false again so I dismissed your statement about Cloud. You know good and dam well that Spider-Man is also on cloud gaming but play dumb.

No. I don’t think you understand how any of this works. PC gamers can buy the game on the xbox store. Those players would not show up on the steam stats we are comparing.

PC players playing spider-man are ALL on steam.
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Did you just say the AOE series is more popular than Spider-Man? This is why I broke it down for you in that post as things seem to go over your head. Noticed in the post you quote I have in brackets (just so we are clear all the games) meaning all the games released under the banner of AOE. Just to further simplify things that is 9 games. So 9 AOE games has sold 25 million games compared to one Spider-Man game selling 20 million so that means the series is more popular? Wow just wow, they wasn’t lying when they said you Xbrehs are special.
As a game it is.

More sales, more players:ehh:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So now AoE is a more popular IP than Spider-Man.

:russ:

How old are y'all and when did y'all start playing video games? Age of Empires is one of the most popular gaming franchises in the world along with Starcraft. Age of Empires was popular since the 90s and Spiderman the video game is nowhere near popular.

Dudes just be talking

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No. I don’t think you understand how any of this works. PC gamers can buy the game on the xbox store. Those players would not show up on the steam stats we are comparing.

PC players playing spider-man are ALL on steam.

As a game it is.

More sales, more players:ehh:
No I wasn’t aware that PC gamers could purchase on the Xbox store (you truly learn something new everyday). Still a moot point because it’s still on PC. Not to mention the original platform for AOE is PC, while Spider-Man core gaming audience is on PlayStation so those steam figures don’t mean shyt. And as reiterated a dozen times one game dropped in 2018 and the other being fairly newer that dropped in 2021.

Now regarding AOE I will simplify again, 9 games in the series has sold 25 million that’s 9 games combined to 1 Spiderman game selling 20 million. Do you understand now?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
How old are y'all and when did y'all start playing video games? Age of Empires is one of the most popular gaming franchises in the world along with Starcraft. Age of Empires was popular since the 90s and Spiderman the video game is nowhere near popular.

Dudes just be talking
:comeon: Another one, you say “dudes just be talking” ironically that appears to be the case as you are doing just that. If we are purely talking franchises then Spider-Man shyts all over AOE and game wise well just look above for sale stats.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No I wasn’t aware that PC gamers could purchase on the Xbox store (you truly learn something new everyday). Still a moot point because it’s still on PC. Not to mention the original platform for AOE is PC, while Spider-Man core gaming audience is on PlayStation so those steam figures don’t mean shyt. And as reiterated a dozen times one game dropped in 2018 and the other being fairly newer that dropped in 2021.

Now regarding AOE I will simplify again, 9 games in the series has sold 25 million that’s 9 games combined to 1 Spiderman game selling 20 million. Do you understand now?
I understand that. But it doesn’t matter.

Insomniac would love to make it to 2 decades worth of successful spider-man games. :ehh:

Daps
If Insomniac's open-world formula was getting stale after only two games, we'd see it in the sales.

I'm guessing that most people are just fine with a Spiderman sequel that polishes the rough edges of the first two games and that adds new, enjoyable to use features to the gameplay and graphics.

Sales numbers don't lie when it comes to whether or not something is stale. I know which way I'd bet on the commercial reception to this game.:manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Dudes just be talking
Command and conquer was popular during the 90s as well…

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
In video games it is.

We just established it’s sold more copies and has more players than spider-man :ehh:
so you telling me since spider man released back in 2018 more people have played AoE across all platforms?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
If Insomniac's open-world formula was getting stale after only two games, we'd see it in the sales.

I'm guessing that most people are just fine with a Spiderman sequel that polishes the rough edges of the first two games and that adds new, enjoyable to use features to the gameplay and graphics.

Sales numbers don't lie when it comes to whether or not something is stale. I know which way I'd bet on the commercial reception to this game.:manny:
:mjlol: That’s what sequels have always been. It wasn’t until recently that people. Now has a problem with sequels. Now every sequel is called “just the same game or dlc”. They said the same shyt about GOW, Tears of the kingdom, and now Spider-Man.

Last edited: