David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
There’s enough different styles of games to go around. People just pretend the style of game they enjoy is the only one that’s good or that matters.

For me i’d like them to stop making the games with such little resistance. But i also know these casual games exist for their audience so, i’ll just play something else.

Ive avoided this terrible thread but this is just such a garbage ass post

Its way more “resistance” (such a stupid talking point) in Tlou, demon souls, Gow, hzd, returnal etc than fukking starfield. Or hell what else yall got? Forza? Flight sim :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You've literally become even more of a fakkit since you've chosen to rock with Xbots. I hope your computer blue screens tonight and can't power back on p*ssy.
press F to pay respects :mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ive avoided this terrible thread but this is just such a garbage ass post

Its way more “resistance” (such a stupid talking point) in Tlou, demon souls, Gow, hzd, returnal etc than fukking starfield. Or hell what else yall got? Forza? Flight sim :mjlol:
I know, i’m irresistible :shaq:

but………
E76-D0873-4-FDD-4-E26-A222-5-E4-DAC7-B208-E.png

:hubie:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
He's not wrong. Spider-Man is my GOAT superhero and I like the Insomniac games but I think for what they are people are satisfied with them being high on presentation and polish with by-the-numbers gameplay and mechanics. They are safe products made to appeal to the broadest range of gamers and I think it will do well. Maybe by the time they get to a 3rd game and add Spider-Gwen or some shyt they can mix it up a bit.

As of now though, Sony's formula is so successful I don't see them switching it up much even for upcoming games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most of the games on that chart play very differently though.

And wtf is Ghosts?
Sure they are different genres.

In some of them you shoot, Some of them you stab, some you swing, one of them you walk.

All of them coalesce around the same general design philosophy and game flow.

Like uncharted and spider-man have some almost identical scenes despite being in different genres of game.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
He's not wrong. Spider-Man is my GOAT superhero and I like the Insomniac games but I think for what they are people are satisfied with them being high on presentation and polish with by-the-numbers gameplay and mechanics. They are safe products made to appeal to the broadest range of gamers.
Bro :unimpressed:.

it plays mostly different compared to previous spiderman games and has a REALLY nice story.

What more do you want ? some arthouse shyt?

its ok for games TO BE GAMES.