David Fincher's MINDHUNTER - Netflix Series

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I don;t know if Fincher directed that himself but the other directors he got lined up in this show are all talented.. the cast is very talented, it's an amazing show especially the second season.

Yeah I know he didn't direct it himself but his fingerprints are all over this.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I don;t know if Fincher directed that himself but the other directors he got lined up in this show are all talented.. the cast is very talented, it's an amazing show especially the second season.
When fincher puts his name on something (in this case, producer, and director of a few episodes) he doesn't fukk around. He makes sure that it's a quality product, even when he isn't directing. He's very obsessive at making shyt high quality. Just like he did with love, death & robots

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Damn ep 8 she is cold.
Yeah that was kinda harsh. :picard:

I liked s3 of TD more than this season. Don't @
I think this show had that Fukunaga foreboding impending doom feeling better than s 3 of TD (not to say TD wasn't creepy at times) . Probably thanks to fincher. Not sure which I like better
Give me True Detective S1 over both seasons of Mindhunter, it's not even close for me. And I agree with you @FlyRy , minus the last 15 minutes of S3's finale. I just hate when people compare these two shows. I mean.....I get it, but Pizzolatto intended for his show to be a hard-boiled noir anthology. Mindhunter tells a story of serial killer profiling without the exaggerated conspiracy themes that were present in all seasons of TD.

@PoorAndDangerous I agree with that observation too. The element of impending dread and doom that was present in Mindhunter is what I was really hoping TD S3 could capitalize on more. It was present, but not on the same Lovecraftian level of season 1.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When fincher puts his name on something (in this case, producer, and director of a few episodes) he doesn't fukk around. He makes sure that it's a quality product, even when he isn't directing. He's very obsessive at making shyt high quality. Just like he did with love, death & robots

Zodiac is still one of my favorite movies ever. It's chilling.... was sittin there watchin it like :lupe:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm not for thinking everything has an agenda behind it but for some reason the lesbian shyt in here feels like an agenda at play. It adds literally 0 to the show and it feels like something they threw in there on some hey we got some gay shyt going on here...like they're hitting some sort of quota.

it was legit a plot point when wendy had to "make up a story" to identify with a clearly homophobic/in the closet prisoner who led boys to their doom. her being a lesbian wasn't just for a quota :beli:

Except that shyt didn't happen in real life. If she actually connected with a prisoner with that story, she really did "make up a story" (and that woulda been fine). The person who Wendy is based off is straight.

Wendy Carr in real life: 'Mindhunter' inspiration talks differences in Netflix series and true story

One of Carr's leading storylines is also creative liberty: her sexual orientation. In Mindhunter, Carr is a lesbian. Burgess is not. "My son called me and said, "What haven't you told me, Mother?" she joked. "We kind of joked about it. Obviously, they're making a wide cut for an audience."

It was a cheap cop-out and was by far the worst part of the season. The show ground to a halt every time they spent time on it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Tench storyline with his kid wasn't real either (had three kids, not one) though the murder they described with the kids is based off similar events with someone else. That whole storyline, while I understood what they were getting at, was irritating. The wife was irrational to the point of a cliche and it just dragged everything down. They could have handled that a lot better.

Other than my gripes about that and the forced lesbian relationship, this season was excellent just like the first. Their casting and makeup/costume department is flawless. Every killer is almost identical with their real life counterparts.

Last edited:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Apparently this is the actual photo, that motherfukker was crazy

tumblr_p859sjcsh01vo1lo5o1_400.jpg

:mjcry:
Nvm

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing the second season this is going on my all time faves

im a sucker for the series' atmosphere

may contain SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

coupled with the authenticity belonging to the real life events the show follows this gets me into that world for the time im watching it like nothing else

i get what people are saying about the characters personal affairs taking up space but if anybody wants to see only degenerates being interviewed there wouldn;t be much of a show (just watch youtube for that)

the way they're playing mind games with tench jr behavior as a potential future killer is great to me as his father BY ADOPTION recognizes certain traits in him but is clueless of what he could actually do to stop them from developing is very interesting as parents are too emotionally attached to report things to others until it's too late, but how do you know the difference between weird personality and psychosis in children ??? can it be corrected at a very early stage in your life ? is it genetic fak up ? if you institutionalize him will you destroy his life ?

quality stuff, my only hope is to not wait this long between seasons as id like about 5 strong ones of this finishing with BTKs own fumble and some kind of a clear resolution as to how much the behavioral science unit changed the investigation process since it started until today