David Fincher's MINDHUNTER - Netflix Series

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Goddamn Ed Kemper is one cool ass psycho :merchant:

I hope the next season Bill and Holden add Jim Barney to the behavioral unit and get useless ass Gregg fired, Barney is clearly the better man for the job and works better with them

Awesome season...also Bill and Wendy's personal lives didn't bother me cuz I liked how they tied it into affecting their work

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Wow.. hell of a season:wow: Great performances and dialog all around. The Atlanta child murders was crazy especially with the politics involved:hhh: The APD was foul I also think Wayne Williams father and uncle could be involved. Wayne did dirt but the pedos and the KKK got some bodies in as well. That dude that played Mansion bodied the role x100. Tench's wife and creepy son:scust:Since they bounced while he was in Atlanta wouldn't be mad or surprised if he moved on and started fresh:ehh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Watching it now..... 5 eps in and so far I’m like :ld:

I don’t hate it or think it’s bad..... as I know how cynical the coli it and if something ain’t great it’s trash.

But so far I don’t think this is “Zoinks OMG GREAT” :ooh::krs:

I’m falling asleep between eps and having to rewind a lot. And no.... I’m following everything perfectly fine

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
On March 21, 2019, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields announced that officials would re-test evidence from the murders, which will be gathered by the Atlanta Police Department, Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, and Georgia Bureau of Investigation. In a news conference, Mayor Bottoms said, "It may be there is nothing left to be tested. But I do think history will judge us by our actions and we will be able to say we tried

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Then why wasn't he charged for them? They didn't even try to charge him for any of the kids. shyt is despicable

They wanted an open and shut case and to move as far away from it as they could. Tench knew what was up but was like :yeshrug: because it's not the F.B.I.'s job to solve all those cases.. Ford thought they'd really do something about it down there, showing again how naive he is..

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
"Is this about those boys"

That line from Wayne Williams always makes me think he did a majority of the murders. It tells you that he was watching the case closely because it was the first thing on his mind. That might explain how the killer(s) seemed to be making adjustments as the media leaked more details about the investigation.

Whether he did all of them is hard to say. DNA wasn't being used in 1980 and it's hard to believe he racked up a body count in the high 20s in such a short time.

Really liked this season and the way they use some of the killers' interviews to inform motives in open cases.
Did anyone catch the very brief scene where they show Wayne Williams photographing one of the crime scenes earlier in S2? I noticed they lingered on him for just a split second and figured he was the guy who did it since he matched who they were looking for. I'd never heard about the atlanta child murders before.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Apparently this is the actual photo, that motherfukker was crazy

tumblr_p859sjcsh01vo1lo5o1_400.jpg
jesus fukking christ. creepy as fukk

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved this season. Love true crime. The Manson portrayal was so spot on along with Sam Berkowitz. Loved the interviews with Kemper as always and with BTK I hope they portray him as the bumbling dweeb that he was. This dumb fukk drove back to one of his crime scenes because he left a weapon; hes probably one of the most pathetic serial killers.
I feel like they did this season.

BTK actor is great at looking perpetually humiliated and uncomfortable in his own skin

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I think Wendy's sexuality and her relationship really matters in this series. First, they are lesbians and lesbianism is always good :birdman: Second, the relationship may be a bit drawn out I agree but it's really important for the series above all when taking into account that sexual deviancy (as viewed in the 70-80s) and sexual gratification are an integral parts of the serial killers profiling. So sexuality as a whole matters but more importantly so does homosexuality here. Wayne was being pushed with this angle and actually was in the closet, Wendy connected with one of the serial killers with her experience (how she kinda was groomed by her old professor), she also cornered another closeted one/homophobic etc.

Then you have serial killers like Dahmer, Gacy and other famous ones that are homosexuals so I think in the future seasons we might see Wendy conflicted during some interviews with bi/gay serial killers and if Bill and Holden push that angle on them, that could potentially create tension in the team. She's portrayed as a strong, cold woman in a mostly male work environment but we started seeing some cracks in that armor this season with her gf so with Bill's situation, that could be something that could played on too. He confided in her about his kid so she may end up doing the same about her sexuality.

Plus in that time period, homosexuality was seen as a deviancy (Gregg's remark that Wendy corrected with the DSM stuff) so considering how others sexual deviancies (such as pedophilia (Wayne), transvestism (BTK), necrophilia (when Bill talked about the serial killer that was fukkin corpse's heads)) lead to profiling potential serial killers, I think it's a good facet of hers to have there. She knows she has to be in the closet for fear of being judged in her work environment that is not gay-friendly at all. So the whole relationship with the hippy gf was interesting as it challenged her own closet situation. Though ultimately, it just reinforced her ways as the gf was basically lying to herself and not that "open" in the first place.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
trying to get into this but can't. seems interesting but got damn it drags :why:

Yeah. I’m binging this now based on word of mouth but this shyt is slooooow. And I’m someone who like a slow burn (True Detective).

The best parts are the interviews with the killers.