Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

A187

All Star
Daps
Penthouse
Need a sign
Seventeen
Mama I made it
Whats going on
Baby
Devil Eyes
What u mad at
:blessed:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
is there any dope rappers that make you want to recite their lyrics...like kendrick, cole, and east are suppose to be super lyrical rappers but i am never impressed with flow or wordplay or hitting content with them
What a bizarre post. Super lyrical rappers have the least quotable lyrics

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
is there any dope rappers that make you want to recite their lyrics...like kendrick, cole, and east are suppose to be super lyrical rappers but i am never impressed with flow or wordplay or hitting content with them
Drake is the most quotable rapper of this decade.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If it's one thing you can count on East for, it's to come with some mid with a few heaters in there to give you a glimpse of potential to never be met consistently. nikka the Andrew Wiggins of rap.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
gotta stop putting stock into these shytty ass coli opinions... had me listening to the album thinking it was going to complete garbage.

album is dope, not a single track i felt the need to skip but at the same time, i could also do without about 5-6 of them. it isnt his best project (kairi chanel still is) but for a formula style label debut album, it was straight. 3.75/5 on first listen.

time to replay :blessed:

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Absolutely not. East need music that appeal to the young nikkas not 35+ boom bappers :dead:

East can get better, dope modern boom bap production from his own mans Buda or go tap V'Don and do a full project with them if anything. :camby:

And sadly his music doesnt appeal to the young people. His projects are all over the place. He doesnt know how to tell "his" story...

He can spit but his album sounds like one 60 minute song.

I rooted for this guy while the entire coli was busy hating on him. No fukking way this should be his debut with def jam marketing behind him

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
And sadly his music doesnt appeal to the young people. His projects are all over the place. He doesnt know how to tell "his" story...

He can spit but his album sounds like one 60 minute song.

I rooted for this guy while the entire coli was busy hating on him. No fukking way this should be his debut with def jam marketing behind him
Plenty of young nikkas listen to him in NYC

And also you hating there’s nothing wrong with the album the way you nikkas act it’s like it’s the worst thing to drop.

Not sure what “Def Jam marketing” means but keep using buzz words to make it seem worse than what it is

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This shyt sound amazing and i came in fully ready to turn this shyt off after like 3 songs. And the structure is very much Album. They pumped some bread into this jawn

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Plenty of young nikkas listen to him in NYC

And also you hating there’s nothing wrong with the album the way you nikkas act it’s like it’s the worst thing to drop.

Not sure what “Def Jam marketing” means but keep using buzz words to make it seem worse than what it is

Hate? What. Gtfoh. I rooted for this guy before anyone on the coli.

He doesnt make good albums. How is that hate?

There isnt any cohesiveness to his project.

You stated he needs to appeal to younger people...then young people in NYC listen to him...

You call that appealling to young people cause NYC kids listen to him.

I agree to disagree. This album is subpar with all the hype

:yeshrug:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always interesting to observe the double standards, Dave East album way better then Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Migos and many others last offering. Very solid, 4 mics.

Last edited:
Daps
Ok..lol

There are some enjoyable songs on this album. It doesn’t take long to see Dave’s a limited rapper but he still will occasionally make it work.

The problem is he was given the expectations of Big Daddy Kane instead of A Mafia

Def Jam continues to waste time attempting these horrible attempts at hits like “Alone” instead of letting the dice roll with a “Seventeen”

How a guy who gets so much attention from females can’t make songs that females can get behind I don’t know but I digress

This was a cool album but I can’t remember one fukking thing this guy said that stands out :mjlol:

3.25/5