Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:francis: The problem with the position you or anyone else is taking is it isn’t rooted in fact. There are ways of gauging this in this day & age. It’s called streams & views

This is the man’s lead single from his major label debut. It currently stands at 2.7 million views having been released a month ago

That’s not good...at all.

Those are interview numbers for a popping artist. Do young boys in the city fukk with him? I’ll take your word for it...Since he’s come on the scene I might have heard nikkax playing his music like 3 or 4 times and I’m uptown

Kodak
Boogie
NBA

Young nikkax fukk with them and the numbers support

Fam be quiet. Yea that Jacquees shyt is one of the wackest songs on the album. It’s trash to me. But I’m out here fam. Young nikkas DEF fukk wit Dave East u straight up wrong. Especially here in NYC. I hate when nikkas try to argue with me about some shyt I know is a fact. Some of the most annoying shyt ever. Lol

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas don’t like “Devil Eyes”?. Lol. That’s hilarious to me. shyt sound like a Victory Lap track. If Nip had it nikkas would fukk wit it. Rightfully. shyt is dope. Even tho I feel Nip would sound better over it.
I said the same shyt a few pages ago. Nip or Jay Rock would've killed it

Daps
Fam be quiet. Yea that Jacquees shyt is one of the wackest songs on the album. It’s trash to me. But I’m out here fam. Young nikkas DEF fukk wit Dave East u straight up wrong. Especially here in NYC. I hate when nikkas try to argue with me about some shyt I know is a fact. Some of the most annoying shyt ever. Lol

That’s the point my boy. How could I be wrong? I don’t own YouTube. I dont own Spotify You can be in 80 clubs at the same time for all I know. You can tell me what you want and I can do the same but to argue against metrics is...blind emotion. If anything we living in different times. It’s so simple to show you fukk with an artist...just click. Maybe nikkax on your stoop love him like cooked food..I can’t speak to that

A187

All Star
Daps
I Removed E-40 from Devil Eyes and the song flows well & hits harder :blessed:

will be going in my whip playlist:blessed:

Daps
album is 3.5 because there are some gems on here, some that shows really what he can do. but almost a 3rd of this album is skip bait. remove those songs and its a 4 to 4.5 album easy.

Do you think the goon stuff holds him back? I think he’s at his best on songs that are grounded in reality. To me the street shyt he attempts to do seems copy & paste. I think he would have been much further along signing to J Cole instead of Nas

Seventeen
On My Way To School
Don’t Shoot

All excellent rap songs

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think the goon stuff holds him back? I think he’s at his best on songs that are grounded in reality. To me the street shyt he attempts to do seems copy & paste. I think he would have been much further along signing to J Cole instead of Nas

Seventeen
On My Way To School
Don’t Shoot

All excellent rap songs
I think him and nas are a perfect combo.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Seventeen
On My Way To School
Don’t Shoot

All excellent rap songs

If he stuck to the goon stuff he'd be better off. When he wants to, he can rap. Look at Griselda. That goon and drug stuff is their forte and they haven't been held back by it. They sell out shows, merch and have deals with Shady as well as Roc Nation. Making records for women that don't buy your records is dumb, but I'm just a Coli A&R.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seventeen
On My Way To School
Don’t Shoot

All excellent rap songs

tbh, I dont think people care as much about content these days unless its a core fan base of a particular artist. all of the 30 and over rappers are rhyming about the same goon shyt...so now it gets to the point of who has the best production and lyrics. like Dave thug shyt is kinda wack to me. just doesnt sound good. he definitely cant hang with Benny or Conway on shyt like that. nah. where he shines is the back and forth rhyming and his story telling. songs where he pours his heart out. was listening today and Mama I Made It is the perfect song for East. :whoo: Need a Sign, and the aforementioned On My Way To School, and Seventeen, Dont Shoot, The Hated, My Dirty Little Secret....them shyts is his lane but he dont embrace it enough. If he doing the thug shyt, he is best to have a rhyme partner to bounce off of like Styles P. Godfather 4 wouldve been better for him if Nas wasnt on it or maybe Nas had one verse because Nas owned that song so bad, it makes you want to fast forward through East's verses. :francis: and the thing is, East wasnt that bad on that track but paled horribly in comparison to Nas.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he stuck to the goon stuff he'd be better off. When he wants to, he can rap. Look at Griselda. That goon and drug stuff is their forte and they haven't been held back by it. They sell out shows, merch and have deals with Shady as well as Roc Nation. Making records for women that don't buy your records is dumb, but I'm just a Coli A&R.

I wouldnt say that breh. women are the biggest consumers. plus its bigger than record sales, its about his visibility. My Dirty Little Secret is a song that women want to hear. Thats what they fantasize about! Thats what got him in the shyts with the 3-some. I posted in a thread a few weeks ago about a relative of mine scheming on going to a show and enticing him to hit it. She dont want no bread or nothing....they just think this guy is sexy and its rap so they can relate. My daughter listens to him...and she watches Wu Tang series just to see him. My wife knows who he is...and couldnt name a song or know it was him singing it if she was listening to it. Women only know these rappers because of their crossover appeal. Like Papoose has almost 2 million instagram followers and thats mostly women that keep up with him and Remy...dont nobody give a fukk about that nikka songs. :mjlol: My wife knows who Pap is but prob never heard one of his songs. I had been listening to Joe Budden for years....she would be in the car listening and didnt even know who it was. In fact, she used to tell me to turn it off or play something else, then when that nikka was on LaHH she started asking me about him. Didnt even know that was the nikka she was listening to all that time. :snoop: East just need to make THE BEST songs he can make, because his reality show crossover appeal is crazy. This rap shyt is just a foot in the door.