Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Damn...it really ain't hitting like that? I gotta check it out later. I was really looking forward to this after the Styles project, which he did very well on.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Damn...it really ain't hitting like that? I gotta check it out later. I was really looking forward to this after the Styles project, which he did very well on.
East did his best rhyming on that Styles P tape. I only got thru half this tape before I had to go to work. Imma check the rest when I get out.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Only skimmed the first half

Gonna give my thoughts later

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
I listened again. This guy should embrace doing a full album with Preemo. And stop chasing hits.

bytches aint loving his raps. They fukk him cause he looks like a rapper with lots of success...

Just my 2 cents

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
Another :trash: ny album that sounds exactly like you thought it would

Awful beat selection :scusthov:
Dude looks like a rapper but thats about it. Cant make good music or songs :snoop:

Been on a year long promo run to promote this garbage :heh:

Its sad cause I was rooting for him :beli:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Dave Yeast let nikkas down again? Who would've thought?
clSNT6HD_o.png

Hopefully Wu Tang season 2 gets greenlit and he can really shine on the mic. "Killa Hill, Killa-Killa Hill" :mjgrin:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this is what people expected from Dave.......an absolutely average album.
listening to it I'm sitting there like outside of the Nas joint, what am I really going to listen to again from this album ?

he has flashes but for the most the bars are nothing to write home about, forgettable. nothing on here had me starting the songs again.
the beat selection is pretty strong but I felt he did some wrong things with certain beats.
concepts are cool but he didn't really pull them off interestingly enough. just absolute run of the mill material.

even the guests aren't anything to write home about.
Nas apart but even then that feels like a Nas song to me. Lil Baby gave Dave a worse verse than he gave to some kids in London.

this what happens when you take too long to put your debut album out and put out "heat check" releases. songs that should have been on your album end up on other shyt, songs you record and save for your album end up falling out of favor because you done them ages ago.

:yeshrug:

Hate Me Now still his best release.

Well said.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album is pure fire with the exception of a few. He could have problem cut the album down to 15 tracks. The first 10 tracks are pure fire. Some great music on here

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Sounding smooth listened to 3 or 4 tracks bruh east is next

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: Damn the Coli ain’t got no love for Dave East? Maybe I need to play it again but I thought it was good (if unspectacular) on my first two listens. My only complaint is nothing really screams ‘ok this is the album now’ any more than his best mixtapes (Karma, Paranoia 2 and Kairi)