Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yup. Just look at Lindsay Lohan, Rita Ora etc. All fukking for roles or tracks but end up becoming a used whore.

That’s where a lot of this #metoo is coming from: resentment and regret at being pimped by the game.
what he say "buyers remorse" ??
:russ:

Dave basically beat the game tho.
we need to applaud that man.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Equanimity might be my favorite of these newest 4.

The Bird Revelation is the most interesting out of the bunch. Lotta jewels dropped but less laugh out loud funny.

Spoilers below.

I gotta watch the iceberg slim part again. In the analogy, he's the bottom bytch, right? But he figured out the game?

Karb

Veteran
Daps
This was some of the best stand-up I've ever seen, shyt was real and funny at the same time. That pimp analogy gave me goosebumps.

Breh was fearless and told some necessary truths.

Will definitely watch them both again. The second one in particular was very dope and had more depth. Especially considering the fact that this was in LA of all places. You could tell a couple cacettes felt uncomfortable.

Daps
The latest special is powerful.

I liked all 4.

I dont know if it ever topped him in his heyday, but I like wiser, scarred Chappelle.

If he stopped doing comedy, which he kinda made it seem like he's going back on hiatus, then alright.

He got the payday that alluded him so long ago and he got to come back to the spotlight and do it exactly how he wanted it.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
The bit he had about how in the projects everyone is poor so it seems fair..but when you grow up in a white neighborhood it seems like only your poor was real as can get.

I enjoyed Equanimity more than the first two.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I cannot wait for the Chris Rock Special....:pachaha: Dave was fukking crazy...
Chris Rock is like that gym teacher that will get you motivated and pumped up. He has all those quotes you’ll remember and laugh about. He’s brutal as he is charismatic.

Chappelle is like that philosophy teacher who will have you leaving the class and still think about his lessons weeks and months later. His laid back demeanour draws you in.

Both are amazing in their own rught.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The bit he had about how in the projects everyone is poor so it seems fair..but when you grow up in a white neighborhood it seems like only you’re poor was real as can get.

I enjoyed Equanimity more than the first two.

Jesus this shyt is even better than the first two :mindblown:

I agree. It’s definitely his most personal one yet. That’s when you know a comedian is reaching his peak when he isn’t afraid to show his vulnerability.