Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And although Bird Revelation might not be as funny in a laugh out loud way, I think it's a super important piece of art and a powerful way to end 2017 and start 2018.

:manny:
The Bird Revelation shyts on 90% of specials I've seen in the last 5 years.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The first set was really good. Starting the second one next.

Dave is just too black for some people, I think, but if you appreciate the honesty of a black man, you will appreciate that set.
If we're being honest...Dave is getting...MORE "black" in his content over time and its turning a lot of white fans off :mjpls:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:ohhh:

What if at the end of the Bird Revelation...Dave is now Iceberg Slim...and Netflix is the bottom bytch...and Dave got the extra mileage out of Netflix? I wonder if that's Dave's farewell to the game? If he went out of the spotlight again, I could see him doing it like that.

I'm sure he'll keep performing and doing comedy, but I wonder if that was the last major special? He's a private person. He came back, got even more money and did it his way, and now he can go away again and live his life...

If true, then :salute:

If not, :salute: anyways

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The Bird Revelation shyts on 90% of specials I've seen in the last 5 years.
Same here.

I just honestly thought it felt more like a conversation than it did a comedy special. Which is dope.

I liked that the first one felt like a show, and the second one felt like an personal conversation.

Daps
If we're being honest...Dave is getting...MORE "black" in his content over time and its turning a lot of white fans off :mjpls:

Yeah, the second set is extremely black in its outlook and politics. Dave is the best, man.

EDIT: Killing every white person in America by having O.J. kneel on the fifty-yard line at the Super Bowl during the national anthem killed me. Too much.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
just finished the 2nd one and they both were fukking dope, the 1st had a :russ: laugh out loud vibe and the 2nd was more :wow: deep levels

i think i'd rate the four like this

Equanimity > Bird = Age of Spin > Deep in Texas

Equanimity was definitely a return to form and right up there with his greatest specials but i liked Bird for it's more intimate, Paul Mooney style, comedian on a stool type of vibe

the Iceberg Slim analogy was deep and ima need to do a rewatch before i can give a proper analysis on that, i feel like people will be analyzing that for years to come because the way he ended it had something much deeper than the surface for sure

:salute: to my nikka Chappelle, i can't fukkin wait to see what Chris Rock got cause i know he got something classic in store for us as well

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
“Bring out OJ Simpson during the super bowl to take a knee.” :russ:
giphy.gif
:deadmanny:

Last edited: