Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Could you break down that joke for me. I didn't really get it.
basically a "you thought it was one way but it wasnt" type thing.

you aint in as much control as you think you are. theres always a pimp.
and theres always a hoe.

no matter what you dealing in.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

and theres always a hoe.

no matter what you dealing in.

:ohhh:

So Comedy Central was essentially trying to pimp dude. I heard rumors of the direction they wanted The Chappelle Show to go (him wearing a dress, some other mango tango stuff) and Dave wasn't with it.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

and theres always a hoe.
Yeah. I don’t want to get too deep in conspiracy theory territory, but they say the industry keeps all these celebs in check: whether it’s making them do certain acts or having pictures of them in unflattering situations. Hence “our secret” aka the oath.

Basically, everyone in the industry, and society for the most part, is a bottom bytch for the 1% and even when we try to get out of this capitalist society, we keep coming back and getting used.

I’ve only watched it once so I may have to go back and refresh my memory on it but that seemed to be the gist.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

So Comedy Central was essentially trying to pimp dude. I heard rumors of the direction they wanted The Chappelle Show to go (him wearing a dress, some other mango tango stuff) and Dave wasn't with it.
Katt Williams said Comedy Central tried to strong arm Chappelle out of his cut for Chappelle show. They didn’t expect it to have the success it did. At the time, Chappelle was getting like 50% shares off the profit. When it came to the third season, they tried to reduce his share to 10%.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah. I don’t want to get too deep in conspiracy theory territory, but they say the industry keeps all these celebs in check: whether it’s making them do certain acts or having pictures of them in unflattering situations.

Basically, everyone in the industry, and society for the most part, is a bottom bytch for the 1% and even when we try to get out of this capitalist society, we keep coming back and getting used.

I’ve only watched it once so I may have to go back and refresh my memory on it but that seemed to be the gist.
pretty much. ima have to wait til i get home cause i wanna get into this more. but thats why he was telling these women be careful.
go hard or go home bytch.
cause the minute you get too comfortable and feel like you "won" another pimp muthafukka gonna pop up more meaner and more despicable than the last.
i gotta watch this shyt again too.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
pretty much. ima have to wait til i get home cause i wanna get into this more. but thats why he was telling these women be careful.
go hard or go home bytch.
cause the minute you get too comfortable and feel like you "won" another pimp muthafukka gonna pop up more meaner and more despicable than the last.
i gotta watch this shyt again too.
Yup. Just look at Lindsay Lohan, Rita Ora etc. All fukking for roles or tracks but end up becoming a used whore.

That’s where a lot of this #metoo is coming from: resentment and regret at being pimped by the game.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

I remember at another show of his I went to 10+ years ago, he made the analogy of how the $50M was like all this money being in a pile...but there’s a dikk on top of it. He also said something along the lines of when you get that type of money, that’s when you meet the REAL white people.