Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
His first two Netflix specials had been brewing for years. I’m sure he had more time to tour them and perfect every joke.

Based on the references, the one he did in DC must’ve been toured between April and November. That’s only 8 months. And the second one was done during the sexual harassment scandal, on the day Charlie Rose was accused, so again he probably only had a few months to prepare.

The fact that he came up with such material in such a short space of time is amazing. Great stand up comedians take at least two years of perfecting their hour before releasing a special. It takes good comedians even longer.

I wouldn’t say he rushed these latest specials but I’m sure if he had given each another year to marinate they would’ve been tighter.

Makes sense. Dave still did an amazing job on these. The Trump bit with "john jacob" had me absolutely dead.

A former co-worker of mine went to his show in DC that appeared in the Netflix special. I want to say sometime in September or so. Not too sure.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
i gotta watch Ced's special and see what its hittin for...yall the same nikkas that told me Michael Che's special was better than Dave's

Ced’s special was very dope, one of the best of 2017 no doubt

bout to see whats good with this Chappelle doe:obama:

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

Aww man Dave has Aly Raisman and Simone Biles doing gymnastics in these racists minds :mjlol:

I liked the first one better but the 2nd one was fun. The two jokes that killed me was when he was talking about OJ kneeling and coal.

Dave reminded me that I saw the craziest thing this month. I saw an Asian Amish woman. I was thinking to myself this dude must have the greatest game of all time, he got a bytch to give up electricity. How he do that? :ohhh:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Michael Jackson flossing on kids and kicking them out :dead:

Alright. I've watched both. I think the "Bird Revelation" part was the weaker of the two. Was a little too much dialogue than I would I have liked

I like both but it's the opposite for me.

Bird Revelation was more off the cuff conversational stuff you'd usually see at a comedy club