Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

3:00 minutes onwards. This references Dave Chappelle’s Iceberg Slim joke.

I really feel they went after Katt too...
nikka still funny but he definitely had next over Kev..
And I don’t even hate Kev like that but watching these specials..
You can clearly see Dave is in another hemisphere with the shyts..
If he does ride off again:mjcry::wow:
Thanks my dude :salute:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bird revelation made them so uncomfortable :russ::blessed::banderas:
The cac broads on one side had the
full
a couple times :lolbron:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I heard him do the Iceberg Slim bit back in 05 when he came here.. Obviously it was slightly different but it's good to hear it again as it didn't remember it in detail..

The Bird Revelation was incredible and I imagine it's going to piss some people off..

How to kill every white person in America:dead:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bird Revelation is MUCH better the 2nd time around

Comedy Central = Iceberg Slim
Dave = Bottom bytch
nikkar Family skit = 498 fukk milage
The trick = How CC played him to keep going until he finally left to "join the circus"

LOT of jewels dropped throughout

"These comedians have a responsibility to tlak wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I cam here to fukk around." :wow:
Change the word "comedian" to "rappers", and this sounds like a Jay-Z rhyme :wow:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First one might have been more lighthearted but the second one was perfect even though more serious, less volume of jokes overal. First one was the black album, second was the blueprint
I was talking about the first special from last year. I'm watchin the Bird joint now lol

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I got it as Dave is the prostitute as well.
Dave was reaching his "mileage" as in he was stressed out and couldn' take the pressures of making such an iconic show.
The producers tried to push for him to do one more season or "trick" and lured him in by telling him if he does the last season he'l get all the money he earned. Dave earned them 500 million dollars and was tearing his own sanity apart just to make 10 percent of that.

The part in the story where Dave and the prostitute differ is the dead body.

The dead body is Daves career.

comedy central told him if he didnt come back then his career is gone, and they truly made it seem that way by making him look like a crazy crackhead.

But however just like the body in the story, it was all an illusion and his career was still alive and well.

But Dave had enough. he wasn' going to fall into this pimps ploy and pretend he needed them to be successful.

I agree with this but I think the mileage was racist shyt like the nikkar family, and the other racist skits. Like how for every thought provoking or just funny skit he had to pay them in something racist. I actually don't think his sanity was ever at risk, just him not wanting to go against his morals.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That Louis CK kinda reminded me of this video and why black women are different

:dead: