Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
The comments under the post are the WOAT

I peeped some of the comments.

:why:

Some of these chicks are legit crazy and bitter. And they also prove Daves point about allys not being 100% pure. But these chicks would rather everything burns than actually try and change things realistically. Or throw men who come to support them under the bus. So everyone watching who wants to help are scared off.

I think some of these women love the current status quo, it gives them a chance to be famous in their circles and sell books and talks.

I also love how only one of the women in the comments moaning, had actually watched either of the specials.

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
For folks saying the second special wasn't funny. Understand that a comedian's job isn't only to make you laugh. It's an art form, it can also make you think. I found myself not really busting out laughing a lot during the special but instead saying "yep" and nodding my head or shaking my head and smiling.

The fact that you could taste the quietness in the room when he spoke in support of Kaepernick was hilarious. Him bringing up it being easier for Bruce Jenner to change his gender and name then it was for Ali to change his name from Clay to Ali was true as well. Many moments of his stand made me yell out "Speak on it!"

The great thing is you can see the growth of his comedy over the years. His storytelling ability is a standout. He's wise old sage status now.
It was like Loaded Lux 3rd round vs Calico.

I'm watchin like "talk to em!"

NvsWTUZ.gif

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
For folks saying the second special wasn't funny. Understand that a comedian's job isn't only to make you laugh. It's an art form, it can also make you think. I found myself not really busting out laughing a lot during the special but instead saying "yep" and nodding my head or shaking my head and smiling.

The fact that you could taste the quietness in the room when he spoke in support of Kaepernick was hilarious. Him bringing up it being easier for Bruce Jenner to change his gender and name then it was for Ali to change his name from Clay to Ali was true as well. Many moments of his stand made me yell out "Speak on it!"

The great thing is you can see the growth of his comedy over the years. His storytelling ability is a standout. He's wise old sage status now.

No shade to Kevin Hart but that's why his kind of comedy is so popular. Most people don't want those harsh truths. They want silly stories and goofiness.

Dave is now up there with how I'd listen to Paul Mooney or George Carlin. Hard real life funny thoughts wrapped around keen observations and truths.

You could really hear a pin drop during the second special when he was saying a lot of stuff. Don't think their is an active comedian this gen who does it as good as this. Just brutal truth one after the other.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Chappelle my fav comic ever

The thing I liked about him when he was younger was this very goofy exuberance that disappeared after he went AWOl from the show…

But it been replaced by a sense of wisdom

And I always felt he has a deep love of people which is why his jokes on race are so insightful

I think the truth of his jokes are that

Hey America sucks – welcome to the party

people like being righteous more than being understood

Daps
does anyone understand the pimp analogy at the end? I personally think that the case of the pimp and the woman is that i guess people who want to leave the system will always get conned into coming back into the system, and being squeezed out of everything they can offer

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Watched both back to back last night.

:salute:

Amazing stuff especially the more intimate second special.

Hope Dave takes a break and returns with some new specials in a year or 2.
Judging by his tone in both, particularly the Bird Revelation special, sounds like Dave is taking a looong break. He fulfilled the Netflix deal, the checks have cleared, he said everything that he wanted to say the way he wanted to say it...and now he rides off into the sunset.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
:ohhh:

What if at the end of the Bird Revelation...Dave is now Iceberg Slim...and Netflix is the bottom bytch...and Dave got the extra mileage out of Netflix? I wonder if that's Dave's farewell to the game? If he went out of the spotlight again, I could see him doing it like that.

I'm sure he'll keep performing and doing comedy, but I wonder if that was the last major special? He's a private person. He came back, got even more money and did it his way, and now he can go away again and live his life...

If true, then :salute:

If not, :salute: anyways

i think he going to yo yo in and out of the spotlight till hes gone but never do movies or tv shows again

calh45

Cal
Daps

I clicked her twitter page, saw those banners, and immediately understood her hustle. Look at her pinned tweets. Look at her banner. She's selling books. Twitter is the worst.

Daps
I clicked her twitter page, saw those banners, and immediately understood her hustle. Look at her pinned tweets. Look at her banner. She's selling books. Twitter is the worst.
does everyone have some type of agenda on social media. It's really super sketch. In my experience, if someone says something incendiary, all I have to do is go on their page, check their instagram, and see their pictures, booking contacts, what they're selling, or what movement they support and easily deduce why they're saying the things they saying,. What is even more scary is that we don't even know if these people have a day job. They could say they do this and that but who really knows.....scary

calh45

Cal
Daps
does everyone have some type of agenda on social media. It's really super sketch. In my experience, if someone says something incendiary, all I have to do is go on their page, check their instagram, and see their pictures, booking contacts, what they're selling, or what movement they support and easily deduce why they're saying the things they saying,. What is even more scary is that we don't even know if these people have a day job. They could say they do this and that but who really knows.....scary

Even deeper than that is they can literally setup a business website, business twitter account, and get "verified" then all of a sudden they're considered some sort of expert on whatever they're speaking on. I've never heard of that woman in my life and she has 115k people listening to her be a troll about Chapelle to sell books. Any person who spends their time criticizing anything a comic says onstage is automatically an idiot in my eyes.

edit:

Ijeoma Oluo is creating Words. Angry Words. | Patreon

She's bushes worthy. She's using the same hook at Alex Jones aka "I say stuff that people in the mainstream media won't"

:camby:

Daps
Even deeper than that is they can literally setup a business website, business twitter account, and get "verified" then all of a sudden they're considered some sort of expert on whatever they're speaking on. I've never heard of that woman in my life and she has 115k people listening to her be a troll about Chapelle to sell books. Any person who spends their time criticizing anything a comic says onstage is automatically an idiot in my eyes.

edit:

Ijeoma Oluo is creating Words. Angry Words. | Patreon

She's bushes worthy. She's using the same hook at Alex Jones aka "I say stuff that people in the mainstream media won't"

:camby:
so so sketch......