Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Bird Revelation is MUCH better the 2nd time around

Comedy Central = Iceberg Slim
Dave = Bottom bytch
nikkar Family skit = 498 fukk milage
The trick = How CC played him to keep going until he finally left to "join the circus"

LOT of jewels dropped throughout
"These comedians have a responsibility to tlak wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I cam here to fukk around." :wow:

He was ready to leave after that sketch?

I honestly thought the people who were getting paid in the story was in fact his crew in real life. And the trick was the 50 million bag.

So much to assess. :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
He was ready to leave after that sketch?

I honestly thought the people who were getting paid in the story was in fact his crew in real life. And the trick was the 50 million bag.

So much to assess. :jbhmm:
They offered him $50Mil when he was actually entitled to $250 Mil! That $50 Mil was a portion of the money that he had already made and was entitled to. It was his money that's why he walked away. They weren't counting on that.
They dangled his own money in front of him in order to trap him. Dave peeped game and bounced with as much of his name and integrity in tact.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I like these Chappelle specials, it sucks that people don’t even realize that Patrice was touching on all this stuff over 10 years ago.

Patrice O'Neal, bless the dead, was RAW...but too raw for the mainstream to even try to reach. But he's an underground comedic hero of mine.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yep, its the epitome of fake news and "outrage"...

Even in that special when he was talking getting 25,000 and going into Brooklyn and equating to woman have a puzzy and being scared and harassed it made perfect sense. I don't even think Chris Rock could get away with the material in Bird Revelation, again that's Pryor/Mooney territory.

I see a few posters mentioned Hart. His first couple of specials were ok but he's basically Cosby who curses. I was never a huge fan of his material but Hollywood goes through the fad of every other year you gotta have that "hot" black comedian and I think Hart time is running out. Only so long you can joke about your kids and your height.

Chappelle can get away with it because he doesn't subscribe to Hollywood anymore and the Netflix checks have cleared and dude cemented his legacy with those 4 specials along with the def jam 25th anniversary special. Nobody can catch up to him now.

I do think Michael Che is very underrated, I enjoyed his first special, I also think guys like DL and Eddie Griffin are great and never got the props they deserve...
his joint was ill to me. i dont watch Saturday Night Live but thats where i recognized him from one of them news skits they be doing i ran across on YouTube.
when he got into that White Jesus shyt i was in tears!
i know that crowd was sittin in there like
:merchant:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Patrice O'Neal, bless the dead, was RAW...but too raw for the mainstream to even try to reach. But he's an underground comedic hero of mine.

Right. A lot of the four Netflix specials feel like sanitized versions of stuff I’ve heard said by Patrice. But his analogies and general logic aren’t as solid either.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Type Dave Chapelle's name into Google right now then try to tell me that "fake news" isn't a real thing.

Peeped that a couple days ago after watching the specials when there was only an article or two at the most and said to myself, "and it begins." It's definitely here now. It kind of reminds me of how certain factions within media misread the 2016 election. They clowned Trump, clowned his supporters, and just knew Clinton would win and had a smug arrogance about it when reporting. Then got their hearts broke.

Similar with their reactions to the Dave specials. It's "problematic", and "tone deaf", and insensitive, yah-yah yah-yah. It's one of two things to me, or maybe both. Again it's a small portion of the populace who are completely out of touch with most people. Or it's a small portion of the populace who wish to shape culture by shaming anyone who enjoys his kind of material. Or maybe its both.