Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Felt more like watching a guest speaker or lecturer that happened to be funny at times rather than your typical “stand up” special.

This.... I appreciate Bird Revelation.... and Equanimity was solid... but I enjoyed the first 2 specials more..... and he was able to get away with it because most of his audience is non black...... and that's who he was really preaching too..... some compare him to Mooney... but the difference is that Mooney was talking to black people.... Chappelle still King tho

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I feel you. I was tired last night when I tried to watch it. I got some rest and watched it this morning by myself and it's some of the most though provoking things I've ever seen mixed with a lot of humor. Watching it with fresh eyes made all the difference.
Might have to run this back myself. I watched it with family this weekend

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Man the media & public backlash to these specials is revealing how fukking stupid people are. Its like they heard one line that offended them and ran straight to the nearest keyboard
5MmwN_s-200x150.gif

Dave supports women. Dave got no issues w/ the transgender people. How are people not following this :what:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
And the important part is that he compared Smart to a young black girl who escaped her kidnapper and nobody talked about it on the news. Just like the joke about getting off the phone if CK is masturbating on the other end of the line, the joke isn't about women and how they're not really victims - it's about how white women are so protected by white supremacy that they don't know what the fukk to do in a crisis, unlike black women, who grow up in crisis just by living in this system.

But that's too hard to get - or too uncomfortable to admit - for a lot of people, so they'll attack the messsenger and distort the message instead.
shyt is the smartest thing in the thread. I saw it on the surface level as, "White women are dumb" but you broke that shyt down. Daps++++:ohhh:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man the media & public backlash to these specials is revealing how fukking stupid people are. Its like they heard one line that offended them and ran straight to the nearest keyboard
5MmwN_s-200x150.gif

Dave supports women. Dave got no issues w/ the transgender people. How are people not following this :what:

Dave don't give a fucck which is what I love about that dude.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Watched both back to back last night.

:salute:

Amazing stuff especially the more intimate second special.

Hope Dave takes a break and returns with some new specials in a year or 2.

FRIED MASON

Superstar
Daps
5MmwN_s-200x150.gif

This is such a p*ssy ass, sensitive ass generation breh...