"Dave Chappelle came up through a white audience" Tk Kirkland

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Faizon kept it 100 saying that Dave wasn't really THAT popular with blacks in the 90's....and people were acting like he was lying.
No. The nikka was being a hater. He said Dave aint funny and doesnt deserve the money he’s getting. And he said The Chappelle Show wasnt funny until he added other people. fukk crab ass nikkas like that and fukk anybody who cosign it. Dave is a good dude and didnt deserve that shyt. People have this misconception that being a fukkboi and airing out other people business and shytting on people for no reason is “brave” and “keeping it real”. No. Its sucka shyt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Also. This is a fukkin stupid argument. He wasnt a superstar before he became a superstar. OK? AND? And lets not act like he was the only one in white movies. Eddie Murphy was in 48 Hours where his sidekick was basically a racist white cop, then in Trading Places where he’s like the ONLY black person in the movie. Both classic movies by the way. But those are his first 2 movies. He then did Delirious. Which is a classic stand up. But did Beverly Hills Cop. A CLASSIC movie but it wasnt like it was filled with black people. He had white sidekicks. His first ALL BLACK movie was Coming To America. Did black people not fukk wit Eddie? Did they use it against him as a comedian? shyt. Look at Richard Pryor. Straight up RAW comedian but look at some of the movies he was in. He was in ALOT of lily white shows and movies. Muppet Movie, The Toy, Superman 3, Hear No Evil See No Evil, etc etc. Did that destroy his credibility? nikkas need to stop this crab shyt. U notice its only has beens and unsuccessful muthafukkas who shytting on Dave. Legendary comedians LOVE Dave Chappelle. Look at what Sinbad said about him on Breakfast Club. Sinbad helped put Dave on.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black Americans are the most parasitic group, it's scary. This nikka is attributing one man being "honest" on a radio show, to getting that "bluntness from him."
:snoop: I wont even.

Why are Black entertainers even fukking with that idiot Vlad? Can no other Black vlogger afford the camera and setup he has???
They fukk with vlad because his interviews get numbers you wanna promote something to the younger demo thats black hop on vlad show lol.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
How he get a Comedy Central show if white folks didn't know who he was? I know you not saying his Black fans persuaded CC to do it? White folks the reason Dave got the show in the first place (and all the other pilots he had like Faizon Love mentioned).

I'm not saying a few Black people didn't know who Dave was already. Yes he was in Nutty Professor, Blue Streak, Undercover Brother, etc. but the average Black person wasn't like "Oh that's Dave Chappelle in this movie!!" when they saw him. He was just a regular "say something funny in this role, he looks familiar" guy. Nobody was checking for him like we were checking for Jamie Foxx, Cedric The Entertainer, Lil JJ, etc

Sooooo Lil JJ had more notoriety then Dave Chappelle? :camby:

Stop speaking on all black peoole for one....and start speaking for yourself....:snoop:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
How he get a Comedy Central show if white folks didn't know who he was? I know you not saying his Black fans persuaded CC to do it? White folks the reason Dave got the show in the first place (and all the other pilots he had like Faizon Love mentioned).

I'm not saying a few Black people didn't know who Dave was already. Yes he was in Nutty Professor, Blue Streak, Undercover Brother, etc. but the average Black person wasn't like "Oh that's Dave Chappelle in this movie!!" when they saw him. He was just a regular "say something funny in this role, he looks familiar" guy. Nobody was checking for him like we were checking for Jamie Foxx, Cedric The Entertainer, Lil JJ, etc

You must be really unfamiliar with comedy Central in the 90s. You didn't need a lot of clout to get a show. You just needed talent and a good sales pitch. Amy poehler was a nobody when she got put on by them via upright citizens Brigade. Then there was strangers with candy which had stephen Colbert (also an unknown). And let's be real, how many other original comedy Central shows can you name up to that point? They were known for playing reruns of SNL and kids in the hall.

Chapelle had a better resume than a lot of people who got their own show on comedy Central up to that point.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
I heard about dave from actually gang members in the mid 90s cause he did a lot of west coast shows like he still do now..

That's how eddie murphy pick dave to be in nutty professor from his L.A. stand ups

Then i saw half baked and was dying then chappelle show..

i have no problem with thieving ass TK had to say

Don't forget Blue Streak

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
He's right. Nothing wrong with that, but it's true. Chappelle appealed to the stoner audience first, I think. But he's ours and ours alone. It bothers me when black men hate other black men securing that bag. There's more white money than black money. I got no problem taking as much white money as possible to get on and using it to push a black agenda. That's what Chapelle did, and thats genius. If they offer something then take it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Let's keep it real Coli and TK

Only stoners of all races knew who Dave was before his show ...

Half Baked a Stoner classic
That and killing them softly

I don't agree with the generalizations in here.

I was also exited for his appearance in Undercover brother next to Eddie Griffin who was one of my favs around that time.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
That and killing them softly

I don't agree with the generalizations in here.

I was also exited for his appearance in Undercover brother next to Eddie Griffin who was one of my favs around that time.

I wish I knew the ages of everyone replying in this thread because if you're under 35 I could understand the opinion of him being white famous first a lil bit better