Dating single moms and the unavoidable requirement to save them...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I dated / lived with a single mom for about 6 months back in 2016.

I didn't mind helping to take care of the kids at all. In fact I'd say the kids were a positive in the relationship (they were both well-behaved and good-spirited which helped).

It was the mom who got on my damn nerves.

How so?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Not sayin all are lousy and don’t deserve love. Most really are lousy. Sorry but it’s true. Kids raisin kid(s) they didn’t truly want but didn’t want to abort nor give away.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
One of my biggest issues. The few I did date had no issues inviting me to hang with their kids and I gotta tell them hell to the no.

We gotta make sure WE are gonna make it, what do you (as a parent) look like bringing all these random dudes around your children.

You need to vet Men even harder after having children, he has to be good for you AND them. But I digress, good post :wow:

Preciate it handshake.
Powerful prolific words you posted.
Plus you spoke up and mentioned:

THE VETTING PROCESS

respect is earned not given away.

Art Barr

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I married a single mom.

She was making over 60k at 24 with 1 kid, I was 23, freshly kicked out the navy, hustling and in “computer school”... literally.... when we got back together.

(Shout to Tidewater Tech) :mjlol:

Edit: still got my old ID card

I had nothing to offer at the time but the promise that I would always hold her down no matter what.

I would say she saved me fr fr.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Because as you elevate in age your female peers will have kids. Date is an umbrella term but if you're bending a woman over strictly after a week of texting in 2021 count your blessings (in that area of life).
I'm 37 my current girlfriend is a year older than me and has no kids. Childless women aren't hard to find.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm 37 my current girlfriend is a year older than me and has no kids. Childless women aren't hard to find.
Good for you. More women at 38 are going to have kids than not.

We've done this already and my point still stands. The exception is not the rule.