Dating single moms and the unavoidable requirement to save them...

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I dated / lived with a single mom for about 6 months back in 2016.

I didn't mind helping to take care of the kids at all. In fact I'd say the kids were a positive in the relationship (they were both well-behaved and good-spirited which helped).

It was the mom who got on my damn nerves.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
how old are you? at some point the dating pool starts having people with kids - whether divorced or never married. i know this is TLR where social anxiety having, dead end career, short men who can't pull women at 25 think they'll be pulling thin, childless 27 yrs olds when they're 40 and balding with the same shytty career and never had a real adult relationship in their life, but for most men, still dating after 35, you're going to meet women with kids. all of them aint broke headcases that need saving like OP is talking about.
Friend :picard:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For full disclosure, I fukks wit single moms. :yeshrug:

Like I'll legit date the bytch and carry on a full exclusive relationship. Not just have her as a jump off or fukk buddy but actual spend time, go out together, cuddle and all that ol dumb shyt. As far as their kids go I'll buy bday and Christmas gifts.. Maybe a movie ticket or two.. Unfortunately that's where I draw the line as far as "support".. I don't buy school clothes, don't pay for school supplies, don't pay NO BILLS..

What I've learned is eventually (for some not all) they eventually run into some type of extreme financial bind need "help".. Car acting up, behind on rent/mortgage, they spent too much on nails hair and clothes, spent too much on weed, eat takeout way too much..

I've experienced this several times.. I'm not here to judge these women or how they choose to manage their money (and child support).. All I'm saying is as a man you can only go so far with single mothers just providing dikk and gifts here and there... Eventually they come for that wallet in one way or another :francis:

Correction, you fukks with BROKE single moms

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
how old are you? at some point the dating pool starts having people with kids - whether divorced or never married. i know this is TLR where social anxiety having, dead end career, short men who can't pull women at 25 think they'll be pulling thin, childless 27 yrs olds when they're 40 and balding with the same shytty career and never had a real adult relationship in their life, but for most men, still dating after 35, you're going to meet women with kids. all of them aint broke headcases that need saving like OP is talking about.

You got a point. I think it should be common knowledge that by the age of 30+ that most women on the market at least gone have at least one kid or two. Now as far as wanting to deal w/women who got kids is up to that individual...

I'm close to 40 & single w/no kids if I did choose to start dating, I'm not entertaining women with kids so I understand that dating pool is going to be thin in the aspect of finding somebody on that same level. I think a lot of men (and women) aren't realistic of the dating pool out here.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A

Thats why I said "some not all" .. Of course there are single mothers who are totally independent financially.. And alot of them don't even need child support..

I expected the reaction from nikkaz in here. nikkaz who only date virgins and can't fathom the idea of being with a woman who has a relationship before them.

I made this thread because of my own experiences with dating certain single moms. But like I said I'm not judging them, I just noticed a pattern and yes its probably partially my fault for not being more "supportive" in the relationships.. Its kinda unfair to call them "broke" because broke is a matter of perspective. But this the coli where every nikka here is 6 cert 6 figure salary masters of the universe..

I'm :flabbynsick: so most of the women in my age range are gonna have a kid or 3... Some have teenagers.. I have no problem with neither. I have no insecurities about the baby daddy or ex husband..

For me its about fully assuming responsibility for the kids and not just on a financial level. Being a full blown dad to the lil b*stards. If I do that I gotta be sure Ima fukks with the chick like forever.. Then it won't be "saving" her it'll be doing what I'm supposed to do.:francis:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You Could Potentially Make Her Happy But So Could Others Breh:yeshrug:

Anecdotally In My Early 20's I Messed Around With A Single Mom That I Really Liked But Refused To Date Her Seriously. What Turned Me Off From Her And Her Situation Was How Her BD Would Hit Her Line And Message Her On FB Whenever He Felt Like It And The Child Was A Bridge For Him To Strike Up Convo With Her.

After I Dropped Her She Got Pregnant Again By The Same BD

Right, like I said I think a woman is more likely to be completely done with her ex husband than baby daddy.

Last edited:

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Whenever I'm hunting I prefer single moms. In terms of the basics I have my own everything so off rip, they get ideas of moving herself and her kids in after she ropes me in with the box. I'll have fun with her for a few months, then when she starts getting more aggressive for long term commitment and moving her family in with me, then I bush. Time to take that 6 month rental back to the video store :camby:

It aint that I don't have any empathy for their plight, I just know how ruthless the game is so I play it how it go. Whenever I do want to start a family, I am adamant that it has to be a woman with ZERO kids or I aint committing. I'm not going to be stepping into a ready made family where the baby daddy will always be a priority over me along with the kid/s. Once she buss that womb open for someone that's not you, then you share that woman.

If I don't find what I'm looking for, I'll just enjoy my time, freedom and die alone. I'm cool with either :yeshrug:

:wow:
Eat Kings!

I’m a 34 year old, single father of one and I still require women with no kids.
full

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
It's the only thing that's holding me back from being with this woman I've known for almost 4 years. She has 3 kids by different men and is always in some type of money situation. She's cool as fukk, smart, inshape and her body is :ohlawd: along with her sex.

But I work hard for my money and I just feel that a lot of it will go towards her and her kids for the most part. Plus we decide to have together it's gonna be more money.

I can't . As much as I love her. I'm not beat

hcobbland84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Damn.
What I ever do to you?

I can’t hold out for hope?
:mjcry:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
find people having kids.
around insignificant others is mild child abuse too.
Plus as a single parent

You can not present.
a revolving door.
Nor numerous mates to a child.
As it undermines the foundations.
upon which authority as a parent resides.

One of my biggest issues. The few I did date had no issues inviting me to hang with their kids and I gotta tell them hell to the no.

We gotta make sure WE are gonna make it, what do you (as a parent) look like bringing all these random dudes around your children.

You need to vet Men even harder after having children, he has to be good for you AND them. But I digress, good post :wow: