Dat Cloud Demonstration

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it actually does get working... Sony will say they are preparing their system to do the same thing... and people will say wait... just wait. Sony's is going to be better.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
huh? the game uses dedicated servers. is this a foreign concept?

no. that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking what the cloud does in that game that could not be done with a good gaming rig. apparently it's AI and explosions according to meach

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
no. that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking what the cloud does in that game that could not be done with a good gaming rig. apparently it's AI and explosions according to meach

it's a mulitplayer game that requires a dedicated server and clients to run. other than that, it's not like there's another game out there just like Titanfall, that runs locally on "a good gaming rig", so I'm not sure what you're looking for

again, it all depends on the level of simulation. you could have a simulation of a bouncing ball that would crush super-computers. it might not be visually impressive, but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of number crunching going on to make it happen. that's the fallacy of trying to judge this kind of thing by 'how it looks'

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
WTF does your dumbass find so funny. Does your dumbass not see why this is a big deal?

Because I understand the technology behind the cloud...I work in IT....specifically in cloud related technologies...even more specifically building cloud infrastructure...

And what Microsoft is trying to get you to believe...that they can somehow extrapolate their one building demo into an entire game like this in "the cloud"...

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Somebody else doing it...maybe...but Microsoft...:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

They gonna run all this on Hyper V?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The stuff could run fine on a decent rig. It wouldn't even have to be very powerful. Where the problem comes in is trying to run all this stuff in a multiplayer game. There's no way you could run all those simulations locally on someone's machine, then try to broadcast them to other users and have a smooth experience. It's why multiplayer games are usualy scaled down compared to single player. With this type of use of the cloud, devs won't have to scale down multiplayer anymore and we will start to see some of the dynamic moments usualy reserved for single player, in multiplayer games like titanfall

Last edited:
  • Dap

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And on to the "pretend you're mad I cause I got nothing else to say" phase.

Impressive, record timing young sir :ehh:

And thanks for proving my point with that halo gif.

:banderas:

Here's what you are failing to see; you're hyped up about the cloud because it's something Microsoft is touting as the trick up its sleeve but you don't realize this isn't anything new. PlayStation now uses "the cloud" but you're not talking about that.. Your titanfall examples aren't enlightening me because it's nothing new to me. You pretend that only the Xbox will have access to "the cloud " and everything else will not.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Here's what you are failing to see; you're hyped up about the cloud because it's something Microsoft is touting as the trick up its sleeve but you don't realize this isn't anything new. PlayStation now uses "the cloud" but you're not talking about that.. Your titanfall examples aren't enlightening me because it's nothing new to me. You pretend that only the Xbox will have access to "the cloud " and everything else will not.

Never said any of this. In fact what I said is that this goes beyond just talking about the console wars. The fact that all you can do is try to find different angles to come in here and say something negative shows you're furious at "the cloud" since Microsoft is leading the charge.

Sit back and relax bruh the cloud will benefit all of us eventually :ahh:

• Dap

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never said any of this. In fact what I said is that this goes beyond just talking about the console wars. The fact that all you can do is try to find different angles to come in here and say something negative shows you're furious at "the cloud" since Microsoft is leading the charge.

Sit back and relax bruh the cloud will benefit all of us eventually :ahh:
How is laughing at your naivety hating? We've been benefiting from the internet aka cloud for years. I'm just laughing because some folks assume Microsoft is the sole vanguard of cloud computing.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
X-Bots are like those Amazon tribes that haven't been contacted by civilization yet.

You meet them and show them a lighter and they start praying to you.

Come back a year later and they built you a statue as a fire god.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How is laughing at your naivety hating? We've been benefiting from the internet aka cloud for years. I'm just laughing because some folks assume Microsoft is the sole vanguard of cloud computing.
:mindblown: who said that?

But if you really want to talk about facts and figures Microsoft would be the ones making the most investment and effort to bring it into gaming.

Check out these Microsoft stans all excited about the cloud

:mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1.) Playstation Now does not use the "cloud" in the way this is being done. Nor can it one day do what this is doing
So you attempting to group it into the same category because you're furious about the reality of the situation is comical :heh:
Reminds me of when you learned about tiled resources. Then all of a sudden, you wanna act like you an expert on what was it again.. HUMA :bryan: Tiled Resources drops THIS YEAR on Direct X.11.1 and up platforms ONLY :win:

2.) You pretend that PS4 will now have cloud powered gaming :dead: You nikkaz don't even have dedicated servers, but now you gonna have cloud powered gaming as well? I'm sure Microsoft will lease out those servers for the low. You ALL have said that when crying about this topic back in November :mjlol:
Look bruh, you have no idea wtf you getting. All sony and its fanbase is doing is REACTING to what other companies are doing. No direction, so you can't be successful. Reason why I have no worries about my purchase. Not starving over here. Bout to hop on T.Fall right nuh :ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: who said that?

But if you really want to talk about facts and figures Microsoft would be the ones making the most investment and effort to bring it into gaming.

Check out these Microsoft stans all excited about the cloud

:mjlol:
:snoop: using the internet is Microsoft stanning; this is what you're saying here.

I'm not going to even bother with you right now.