Darkseid came to earth and got his ass whipped in only 2 minutes

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
The smartest thing Whedon did was change Darkseid to Steppenwolf in that flashback. Having Steppenwolf be the one who got defeated on earth immediately clarifies why he has fallen into disfavor on Apokolips and adds revenge as a layer of motivation for wanting to conquer earth :ehh:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i still don’t understand what the anti life equation is. I watched a YouTube video and everything:skip:

Snyder made ZERO attempts to explain it. We only know it's significant because Darkseid is looking for it. 4 hours and you couldn't devote 3 minutes to relay it's importance:martin:

Darkseid had to fight multiple literal gods, atlanteans, and amazons. Thanos fought jobbers and then Captain Marvel fought him even:mjpls:

He killed 5 foot soldiers, a lantern who got rocked by a parademon and was punch drunk:dahell:, then caught two arrows to the chest, got stunned by a trident blast, rendered immobile while defending a lightning blast, got axed to the shoulder/neck, kicked, then scooped up for the retreat. His total screen time once he started fighting til his defeat was exactly 1 minute. I got the video loaded up right now so these are all facts:ufdup:

They came to earth with an army, sorcerers, 3 Mother Boxes, and Darkseid for a 2 minute war. At no point did Earth look threatened. None of the gods even broke a sweat. They lost a few archers/grunts and a lantern. Apocalypse lost all the Mother Boxes and Darseid nearly died. Didn't even make sense how Earth didn't finish him off. They let two parademons slowly fly him away. They destroyed a fleeing ship but made no attempt to attack the one Darkseid was on:mjtf:

They completely botched him as a threat. This is how you introduce the final boss:

main-qimg-72a591800e560d7f5f761a54b2740093

They immediately put it in the audiences mind that Thanos was on another level. Having him wash the strongest force so easily made you question if anyone could beat him.

Snyder is not a good storyteller.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Snyder made ZERO attempts to explain it. We only know it's significant because Darkseid is looking for it. 4 hours and you couldn't devote 3 minutes to relay it's importance:martin:

He killed 5 foot soldiers, a lantern who got rocked by a parademon and was punch drunk:dahell:, then caught two arrows to the chest, got stunned by a trident blast, rendered immobile while defending a lightning blast, got axed to the shoulder/neck, kicked, then scooped up for the retreat. His total screen time once he started fighting til his defeat was exactly 1 minute. I got the video loaded up right now so these are all facts:ufdup:

They came to earth with an army, sorcerers, 3 Mother Boxes, and Darkseid for a 2 minute war. At no point did Earth look threatened. None of the gods even broke a sweat. They lost a few archers/grunts and a lantern. Apocalypse lost all the Mother Boxes and Darseid nearly died. Didn't even make sense how Earth didn't finish him off. They let two parademons slowly fly him away. They destroyed a fleeing ship but made no attempt to attack the one Darkseid was on:mjtf:

They completely botched him as a threat. This is how you introduce the final boss:

main-qimg-72a591800e560d7f5f761a54b2740093

They immediately put it in the audiences mind that Thanos was on another level. Having him wash the strongest force so easily made you question if anyone could beat him.

But don't let them just take your word for it

He whipped Hulk so bad, people were clapping like Thanos was an Avenger :dead:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was uxas he wasnt darkseid yet

Taken straight from the movie:
Wonder Woman: "A great armada appeared in the sky laying waste to all who opposed it. The leader of the invaders was a being called Darkseid."

I get what you're saying but the movie didn't set that up. The audience doesn't know all that so you have to show it on screen.

But don't let them just take your word for it

He whipped Hulk so bad, people were clapping like Thanos was an Avenger :dead:

Loki: We have a Hulk:win:
Audience: Oh shyt:gladbron::ooh::krs::blessed:

Maw: Let him have his fun:hubie:
Audience: :lupe:
Hulk: :dahell:
Audience: Oh my god:merchant::damn::picard:
Audience::ehh:

That is great film making, word to Scorcese. Had the crowd amped believing the good guys would win. Hulk looked like he was doing something but one line from Maw instantly changed the whole tone. You could hear everyone get confused. Then the air got sucked out of the room when the tide turned. The crowd sounded defeated but they had to give it up because Thanos was the badass they wanted him be. He wasn't just brawling either. He was looking like a skilled and seasoned fighter which made him look even stronger.

These nuances are something Snyder just doesn't grasp.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Taken straight from the movie:
Wonder Woman: "A great armada appeared in the sky laying waste to all who opposed it. The leader of the invaders was a being called Darkseid."

I get what you're saying but the movie didn't set that up. The audience doesn't know all that so you have to show it on screen.

Loki: We have a Hulk:win:
Audience: Oh shyt:gladbron::ooh::krs::blessed:

Maw: Let him have his fun:hubie:
Audience: :lupe:
Hulk: :dahell:
Audience: Oh my god:merchant::damn::picard:
Audience::ehh:

That is great film making, word to Scorcese. Had the crowd amped believing the good guys would win. Hulk looked like he was doing something but one line from Maw instantly changed the whole tone. You could hear everyone get confused. Then the air got sucked out of the room when the tide turned. The crowd sounded defeated but they had to give it up because Thanos was the badass they wanted him be. He wasn't just brawling either. He was looking like a skilled and seasoned fighter which made him looked even stronger.

These nuances are something Snyder just doesn't grasp.

Imagine if this was Darkseid

He would've been :dead: after Tony dropped that structure on him. And it really would've been a piece of cake :russ:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, everybody who doesn't read comics would know that from watching a movie that doesn't bother to mention it. :comeon:

Stellar moviemaking.

Wonder Woman specifically name dropped him as well. SO either Snyder didn't know what the hell he was doing, or he didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Either way, what's the point of showing Darkseid, if he was

A. Going to get fukked up in a minute
B. Act like he was scared to fight

Thanos had his goons got search for the Infinity Stones to save time since they were all scattered throughout the Universe. But in End Game, once he knew they were all in one place, he jumped to another timeline, just to get them and finish what he started.

Snyder has a knack for taking great villians and emasculating them.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gospel:wow:

But I kind of give them a pass for not explaining the mother boxes. Only because I didn't realize they never explained them until you guys said they didn't lol.
Honestly I think once they explained there were 3 mother boxes,scattered accross galaxies,being protected,that needed to be collected. I just assumed the mother boxes were basically the DC Infinity Stones. He didn't need to explain,you already know what they do. Something involving supreme power and control of the entire universe:heh:.
The infinity stones set up the motherboxes so they didn't have to be explained.

That beating Thanos gave to the Hulk was tragic,even though they did it at the Hulks expense and he never redeemed himself. Sad time to be a Hulk fan,thats when you really knew Hulk was C list hero and probably never getting a movie. But it was for a good cause because it definitely shook the audience. I'm not sure what Zack Snyders obsession is with bringing out the young versions of the most powerful,brutal characters in DC and having them look weak for no reason:francis:.

He should never be forgiven for what he did to one of the most brutal,punishing,remorseless characters we've ever seen. I know they got heat in MOS for killing civillians,but Doomsday should have actually been killing the hell out of people:mjlol:.

When they made that disclaimer "Luckily its evening and the city has been mostly evacuated:troll:"

If Doomsday had stepped on a child or two I wouldn't have been upset,thats what he's supposed to do:wow:

But don't get me started on how Zack Snyder needs his ass beat for that. At least Darkseid didn't get irreversably buried.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Uh when has Thanos lost to doom thats wasnt amped? Youre just making up shyt now Thanos would beat the breaks off Darkseid. Darkseid gets his ass whooped by superman and thanos beats on entire teams of people as strong as superman.
No. Just no