''Dark Skinned Activist'' Calls Kendrick Lamar a ‘Fake Conscious C00n'

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
alright then I'll just admit I have no idea what you're talking about with the respectability politics stuff. :yeshrug:but good post regardless

All in all I just think people are looking for reasons to tear him down like any other black dude in a high place on a positivity wave. Hence people grasping at straws investigating his sex life to try and imply he's colorstruck even though he dating a black chick. Just sounds like petty hating shyt to me, just a non issue. Plus Kendrick used the height of his influence and populairty to drop a problack album in 2015, something most rappers in his position would NEVER do. Sucks to see folks itching to tear him down but will give passes to Chris Brown (all my bytches got real hair), Weezy (bytch look better red) or Trey songz (foreign) . just ass backwards

Respectability politics is a shady game. It's the same game Pharrell played. Acknowledging racism but then turning around and saying "but we gotta fix ourselves before we go blaming the white man".

Btw wasn't Kendrick the same one who defended Iggy? :comeon:

He just seems conflicted tbh. He still has a lot of growing up to do. To me he's just a kid from Compton thrown into this world of fame that he didn't know how to navigate and he's just now coming to terms with it. And the thing I've always appreciated about him is that he's never denigrated dark skin women, nor has he put us up on a pedestal, he just said we should be acknowledged too. It's a breath of fresh air. And him being engaged to the same woman he's been with for 10 years, who happens to be mixed, doesn't really take away from that. I think you can be pro black and still be with someone who's of a lighter hue, or who's mixed. Whitney might've been attracted to Kendrick because her father shares the same hue as Kendrick. And on the other side of the coin, I don't think it would be fair for me to get flack for being with a lighter/mixed man because I'm dark skinned (my dad was multigenerational mixed). It's a problem when you play the game of colorism, if he was pandering to darker skin women and tried to play that game of propping up his dark skin fiancee it would probably come off as disingenuous and people would still have a problem with it.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Ok So I read half of the OP.

Indeed we can date/marry anyone we want however lets take what this activist is promoting (dark men only marry dark women)which is something that will keep black folks dark yhe way we were before having contact with whites.

Reported by Ashley Naples

Colorism has been and continues to be a major issue in Black America. Highly influenced by the media, colorism has led to the belief that Black women whose skin complexions are brown or chocolate are inferior to Black women whose skin complexions are tan or light.

Rashida Marie Strober, a “dark skinned activist” who promotes the beauty of Black women whose skin color is dark, has taken to Facebook to express her disappointment in rapper Kendrick Lamar’s recent engagement to his childhood lover because the bride-to-be is light skinned.

Strober posted the following message on Facebook with an image of Kendrick Lamar and his fiancée:

well, well, well would you looky here! ANOTHER FAKE CONSCIOUS MUTHER FUKER EXPOSED. I will never support him nor his music with one dime of my money and encourage all dark skinned women not to either!

After commenters lambasted her for criticizing the rapper’s taste in women, she created another post about the matter:

FAKE CONSCIOUS c00n ASS RAPPER KENDRICK LAMAR PART 2.

I see calling out and exposing self hating fake black men who speak about consciousness but date and marry NON DARK SKIN WOMEN brought you haters to my page. WELL SHARE THIS MUTHERFUKING POST!!! These type of fake c00ns are the worst of the worst. DARK SKIN is the essence of true blackness and if these fakers were really and truly conscious they would MARRY DARK SKINNED WOMEN!!! You pissed ?? GOOD!!!

Hundreds of people left comments criticizing the activist for entertaining the painful and futile discussion about skin color. One commenter named Victoria Mackey wrote: “What an idiot. there’s several tones in Melanated skin.. You seem as if you’re angry because your skin is darker. Thats self hate whether you know it or not.. She still would be considered a ****** in a room full of white people.” Several others supported Mackey’s comment by saying it should not matter Kendrick’s finacée’s skin color because she’s still a Black woman.

One commenter named Yomet Tyler sided with Strober’s point of view: “Even though she is being offensive we all honestly know that lighter skin is prized and glorified..don’t stoop to her level trying to figure it out..jus take it as something to think about maybe.”

http://idatedaily.com/top-fives/act...ious-c00n-for-marrying-a-light-skinned-woman/

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respectability politics is a shady game. It's the same game Pharrell played. Acknowledging racism but then turning around and saying "but we gotta fix ourselves before we go blaming the white man".

Btw wasn't Kendrick the same one who defended Iggy? :comeon:

He just seems conflicted tbh. He still has a lot of growing up to do. To me he's just a kid from Compton thrown into this world of fame that he didn't know how to navigate and he's just now coming to terms with it. And the thing I've always appreciated about him is that he's never denigrated dark skin women, nor has he put us up on a pedestal, he just said we should be acknowledged too. It's a breath of fresh air. And him being engaged to the same woman he's been with for 10 years, who happens to be mixed, doesn't really take away from that. I think you can be pro black and still be with someone who's of a lighter hue, or who's mixed. Whitney might've been attracted to Kendrick because her father shares the same hue as Kendrick. And on the other side of the coin, I don't think it would be fair for me to get flack for being with a lighter/mixed man because I'm dark skinned (my dad was multigenerational mixed). It's a problem when you play the game of colorism, if he was pandering to darker skin women and tried to play that game of propping up his dark skin fiancee it would probably come off as disingenuous and people would still have a problem with it.

I think I see your point. Not necessarily agree with everything but I see where you're coming from. I don't have a whole lot else to say on this tho lol :yeshrug:

All that iggy shyt was farce though. Most of the people attacking her were jealous of her temporary manufactured buzz.

user1

Pro
Daps
Not directed at any of y'all specifically but I feel like people are being real short-sighted and willfully ignorant about this. It's not about the girl being light or about kendrick dumping her once he got on (Cuz what????). It's about how he was with this girl for ten years but kept her ass damn near a secret while he shouted from the hilltops about his love of brown skinned/dark skinned girls. Couple that with his respectability politics and this dude comes off as fake conscious strictly to sell records.

He'll put a girl like this in his videos to get support from the pro-Black community:

25p4oqo.jpg

But show up to cac functions with a girl like this:

70hmjk.jpg

Who do you think the cacs are going to be more comfortable with? :skip: He's playing both sides and people don't like it. Stop with the fake revolutionary bullshyt and just be who you are, a nikka from Compton who's into racially ambiguous jawns (even racially ambiguous Black jawns) just like the rest of the nikkas from Compton.

And y'all keep comparing light skin Black women who are CLEARLY Black to Whitney who is racially ambiguous. I'm not saying she's not Black (because I've seen her parents and she self-identifies as Black) but this comparing her to Chaka, Angela Davis, or Kathleen Cleaver? :mjlol: Whitney could pass for a Kardashian and yall know it. If whitney is so clearly, OBVIOUSLY Black with white ancestry like y'all are claiming then so is kim k:

2a8ohsn.jpg

Y'all can't tell me K. Dot's girl doesn't look like the fifth Kardashian sister. :camby:

PS ragging on the author of the piece for being dark-skinned only proves her point.
This will be ignored. You're just making too much sense.

user1

Pro
Daps
I do color you foolish blue lol. I think Kendrick makes a conscious effort to craft an image to get rich. That's about it.

Jordan is a c00n regardless of his relationship status. If his wife left him for a white dude she is also a c00n. But none of this is about Kendrick breaking up with her. I don't think Kendrick should break up with her. I have a problem with him crafting an image to sell records. Your girl is a light skin/ambiguous Black chick, so what? Why are you hiding her and bullshytting people? Oh, to make money off the Black community? :camby:

PS If Jordan had gotten with Juanita just to sell fukking shoes I'd have a problem with that shyt, too.

I don't think they get it or they just don't want to for daps n rep. It's called integrity. If you say you support black women in the public sphere and then date someone who looks like a Kardashian you are fake. And sorry to tell you, but you do have a choice in who you date, especially if you are proclaiming to be some supporter of dark skinned women. Duh. You can't tell me living in Compton there were no other non-ambiguous Kardashians running around. He preferred that woman! It's not rocket science or a mark against him. It's just a fact!

And it's worse since you didn't see pics with this chic until he blew up. And in that last interview with Hot 97, Yee said they were told no "relationship" questions. When that is one of the main topics with anyone who goes up there. I wonder why? Because his real life completely contradicts this half intelligent crap he is spewing. Sheeple I tell you. Don't want to think is all I can think of. And when a good point is made, they just move the goal post. Insanity. :dead:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Kendrick's girl been with him since day 1, Ride Or Die......Long before he even became a conscious rapper and a superstar.

Dissing the brotha because his girl isn't dark enough is the definition of c00n shyt. This light skin/dark skin divide is just stupid and unnecessary.

Burnt orange cacs with fukked up suntans don't be going up against pale ass Marlyn Mason types because they're skin white ass fukk.

Kendrick is at the level now where he's gonna be under constant attack....They gonna try to tear him down just like Pac.

Dont mention 2pac and Kendrick Lamar in the same sentence. Its consider blasphemy

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
She's definitely NOT shot of Hennessy brown lol. And I knew, I've seen pics of her parents. I'm in no way arguing that the girl isn't Black. But that's the thing: she's a light skin Black girl, so why all the secrecy? You want to keep her out of the spotlight, okay, but it still has an undercurrent of 'showing her would fukk up this conscious pro-black money.' Put brown girls in the videos, fine, whatever, make $ AND represent them, but going on and on in songs about how much they are your ONLY type when you have a light skin girl at home? Too far IMO, we're tiptoeing into lying ass fraud territory, ESPECIALLY when you throw in his respectability politics and statements on the Black community. The stances become mutually exclusive when you look at his actions as part of a bigger picture IMO. It's very 'say one thing to cash out' and 'do another thing in real life' to me...

Light-skin is still brown, even if very light as Drake so well noted on his earlier mixtapes. But I never personally heard constructed Kendrick's favorite type of black woman in his music like that, and I've listened to a lot of it. So when you say "ONLY" type I can't really agree that I know of Kendrick's only type like you seem to know.

The line that you showed me, about him liking them brown, I just realized I never put much weight on it because the whole concept of who he likes has even in the center of what he raps about. Do we even know Sherane's skin color from his music fam? We know she's a hood rat, but her shade? Nada.

In "Poetic Justice" the only rapper to talk about a specific type of black woman is Drake (Young East-African girl). Kendrick is still ------ on skin color reporting and that song was the love anthem of GMKC.

The line you showed me just sounded to me like a minor rap line in his catalog honestly. And even so, his girl is still brown, just a very very light shade.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
maybe I'm out of tone here, but since when was Kendrick a pro black conscious rapper. Yeah GKMC ha some songs about black plight but I always assumed he was just a Compton nikka rapping about his environment and surrounding as a regular like Nas. I don't remember this nikka having a rapping version of I am Not my Hair.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Light-skin is still brown, even if very light as Drake so well noted on his earlier mixtapes. But I never personally heard constructed Kendrick's favorite type of black woman in his music like that, and I've listened to a lot of it. So when you say "ONLY" type I can't really agree that I know of Kendrick's only type like you seem to know.

The line that you showed me, about him liking them brown, I just realized I never put much weight on it because the whole concept of who he likes has even in the center of what he raps about. Do we even know Sherane's skin color from his music fam? We know she's a hood rat, but her shade? Nada.

In "Poetic Justice" the only rapper to talk about a specific type of black woman is Drake (Young East-African girl). Kendrick is still ------ on skin color reporting and that song was the love anthem of GMKC.

The line you showed me just sounded to me like a minor rap line in his catalog honestly. And even so, his girl is still brown, just a very very light shade.

:comeon: You reaching breh. And Kim K. is the same complexion as- nvm.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man shut up

A bunch of grown men and woman spending effort to decipher another grown man's preference is women is fukking sad and dumb.

Kiss my Azz and loosen the cape, ain't no need to decipher shyt,dude said himself he used to be color struck in one direction or the other...im not saying he should be condemned today or have to dump his girl he been with...but folks pretending ol girl is way off base is trying too hard just like chick in the op...she might be stupid,but its not the craziest out of nowhere question ive ever heard...he definitly aint above being asked....the answer to the question is simple and has already been answered by him....people can take his word or not.