''Dark Skinned Activist'' Calls Kendrick Lamar a ‘Fake Conscious C00n'

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Of course there is colorism that dark skin women experience that light skin women dont but to go the lengths of the woman who wrote this screams insecurity on a personal level.

You can acknowledge there is colorism without attacking a guy for dating a light skin chick who has NEVER talked down on dark skin women.

but that's his point though. real like is not 100% all out one way or the other.

his explanation for it is that he's often talking about himself. meaning that he's talking all this pro-black shyt and yet even he has hate in himself for people the same skin color as him. in interviews he keeps referring to his friends from the hood dying and him feeling like going back to the hood and killing folks so he could actually be talking about himself (or maybe clever marketing but that's a whole other subject though...). first line is even "i'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015...".

like i said, i think one of the themes of the album is to show that we black people are all over the place consciously just like he's all over the place personally. but he might actually legitimately feel these contradicting feelings at different times. even in the song U he goes on about how he sees himself as a leader, conscious individual but feels like a failure for not even being able to help his little sister make better choices. He feels like a phony. you want him to be 100% consistent and that's understandable cause that's what a lot of us strives for. but he's expressing that no one is 100% consistent all the time.

:blessed:

Attractiveness doesn't wipe away colorism. As a dark skinned woman, you gotta be so on point, lighter hued women get away with much more so let's not reduce the issues darker skinned women face by saying "an attractive dark skin woman wouldn't be acting like this". Is that why many of us dark skin black women have been told that we're "pretty for dark skin girls", is a lighter skinned girl ever told that? It's wildebeest light brights walking around like they're the best thing since sliced bread simply because they're light. Why is that? @Wild self seems to be one of the few males on here consistently in calling that shyt out. He's one of the few that admits that a lot of them can be stuck up because they know their light skin gives them an edge.

I feel like I've said the same before myself, but if I didn't put it on wax then let me join @Wild self and raise my hand right now to say that I'm also very ambiguous about light-skin chicks/dudes.
Because indeed a whole lot of them feel like they're above dark-skinned blacks especially in Angola, where I come from. Their closeness to cacs can really bring the cac out of a lot of them, but because they're part black I'm willing to not pass the whole paint-brush on them.

Edit: sexism :troll:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Wait, did you mean you find the bolded laughable or did you mean you find this whole fiasco with the dark-skinned activist?
Because I don't have anything wrong with the bolded even though I agree with @marcuz that black people should strive to procreate with each other as the statistics already show happens in real life. Blacks are marrying black for the most part, that's a fact and one to feel happy about.

I didn't even know Kendrick's father-in-law was the same color as him. I believe that answers part of your confusion @Stacker Pentecost ? She's not actually a cac. Even though she isn't exactly brown like a shot of Hennessy either.
:manny:

As for how TDE tried to play this, I won't pretend that I don't know how business works. I've studied enough Economics to understand that even the most coldly calculated decisions can yield good results. But cold business decisions aren't always disassociated from moral and personal goals. Just because I put dark skinned black women in my videos to make money doesn't mean I'm not ALSO doing it because they're misrepresented and I want them to have longer screen-time. Those two stances aren't mutually exclusive breh.

And I expect this Kendrick wave, farce or not, to bear fruits of more rappers bringing Dark Skinned Black Women to videos. So if it's a scam on his part, I'm willing to indulge until it stops serving us (black people).

She's definitely NOT shot of Hennessy brown lol. And I knew, I've seen pics of her parents. I'm in no way arguing that the girl isn't Black. But that's the thing: she's a light skin Black girl, so why all the secrecy? You want to keep her out of the spotlight, okay, but it still has an undercurrent of 'showing her would fukk up this conscious pro-black money.' Put brown girls in the videos, fine, whatever, make $ AND represent them, but going on and on in songs about how much they are your ONLY type when you have a light skin girl at home? Too far IMO, we're tiptoeing into lying ass fraud territory, ESPECIALLY when you throw in his respectability politics and statements on the Black community. The stances become mutually exclusive when you look at his actions as part of a bigger picture IMO. It's very 'say one thing to cash out' and 'do another thing in real life' to me...

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
she's ok, but he's not :scust:

“Every time I embrace a black woman I'm embracing slavery, and when I put my arms around a white woman, well, I'm hugging freedom. The white man forbade me to have the white woman on pain of death.... I will not be free until the day I can have a white woman in my bed.”
-- Eldridge Cleaver (Original Black Panther)

That comparison was wild and 9th takes the forever L for that. People have also said that one of the main reasons he even got with Kathleen was because she was light with green eyes (aka in his mind she did NOT have Black features) so using her as a standard for other Light skinned Black women is problematic in more ways than one.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
but that's his point though. real like is not 100% all out one way or the other.

his explanation for it is that he's often talking about himself. meaning that he's talking all this pro-black shyt and yet even he has hate in himself for people the same skin color as him. in interviews he keeps referring to his friends from the hood dying and him feeling like going back to the hood and killing folks so he could actually be talking about himself (or maybe clever marketing but that's a whole other subject though...). first line is even "i'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015...".

like i said, i think one of the themes of the album is to show that we black people are all over the place consciously just like he's all over the place personally. but he might actually legitimately feel these contradicting feelings at different times. even in the song U he goes on about how he sees himself as a leader, conscious individual but feels like a failure for not even being able to help his little sister make better choices. he feels like a phony. you want him to be 100% consistent and that's understandable cause that's what a lot of us strives for. but he's expressing that no one is 100% consistent all the time.

I don't want him to be 100% consistent all the time. But all this 'honesty' is suspect to me after his statements and smells like cleanup. "I pissed people off with my ferguson statements, respectability politics, etc, let me admit that I am a hypocrite and whine about how hard it is for me as a 'woke brotha'"

Other people believe it, I dont...

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never made that point. I've stated before that I have a problem with his little game of respectability politics.

I think it's laughable that he's being attacked for being with a woman who's been down for him for 10 years and he's admitted has kept him in check fame wise. But we can't discount that colorism is very real and it's not dependent on attractiveness at all. It does us a great disservice to act like women who are attractive don't feel colorism or are vocal about it.

alright then I'll just admit I have no idea what you're talking about with the respectability politics stuff. :yeshrug:but good post regardless

All in all I just think people are looking for reasons to tear him down like any other black dude in a high place on a positivity wave. Hence people grasping at straws investigating his sex life to try and imply he's colorstruck even though he dating a black chick. Just sounds like petty hating shyt to me, just a non issue. Plus Kendrick used the height of his influence and populairty to drop a problack album in 2015, something most rappers in his position would NEVER do. Sucks to see folks itching to tear him down but will give passes to Chris Brown (all my bytches got real hair), Weezy (bytch look better red) or Trey songz (foreign) . just ass backwards

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Nah, the point of the song sounds like he's talking about being black and white folks hating his very existence as a black person, the fact that they can't destroy us despite many attempts, they can't duplicate us, and it kills them because he's being unapologetic about it but at the same, in his own community he sees blacks killing each other. I don't think he needed to make that point. He plays this game of respectability politics and I feel like if you gonna be unapologetically black then go all out or stfu.
I think you're taking the song too literally :skip:
It's more schizophrenic than anything he's not drawing a line in the sand and saying white people hate us and black people are this he's more nuanced than that.
Imo the song was about internalized self hatred as a result of white supremacy being expressed in an overcompensating militant way that's not mean to be taken literally though it has some kernels of truth and the effect that has on Kendrick or black people ignoring black on black gang violence and a reluctance to look at issues that can be fixed amongst ourselves without projecting all of it on white supremacy.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This broad sounds dumb as fukk. She obviously has self image and self esteem issues. :snoop:
10985220_10155353217455548_3156282846351584191_n.jpg

Homie lowkey looks like deandre Jordan

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You don't give a fukk yet you wrote this whole thesis statement of light skint tears :troll:

Some of yall light brehs want to be oppressed by dark skin people soooo bad. Yall are worse than cacs creaming REVERSE RACISM.
I don't care about it breh. That doesn't mean I don't see it happening. I don't feel oppressed at all. shyt doesn't bother me cause I'm eating regardless. If you actually read the post, you'd see the only thing I "cared" about is making sure my daughter doesn't become affected by it. I been through way to much in my life to be concerned about anything other than family breh.
:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't want him to be 100% consistent all the time. But all this 'honesty' is suspect to me after his statements and smells like cleanup. "I pissed people off with my ferguson statements, respectability politics, etc, let me admit that I am a hypocrite and whine about how hard it is for me as a 'woke brotha'"

Other people believe it, I dont...
and i feel what you're saying. it's almost like he's selling us "honesty" as a packaged product so i understand where you're cynicism is coming from. I admit it's kinda suspicious how everything aligns but at the same time, i feel like there's not enough evidence so i'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt, lol. if anything, maybe he's not doing all this consciously and it's just self-preservation of the ego.

but getting back to the OP, i don't think him having a lightskin girlfriend goes against anything he's said. i don't think it even says anything about what type of chick he likes. and i also don't get a feel that he was trying to play the "dark queens" game while hiding his girl. we can disagree on that and that's cool too :salute:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Reported by Ashley Naples

Colorism has been and continues to be a major issue in Black America. Highly influenced by the media, colorism has led to the belief that Black women whose skin complexions are brown or chocolate are inferior to Black women whose skin complexions are tan or light.

Rashida Marie Strober, a “dark skinned activist” who promotes the beauty of Black women whose skin color is dark, has taken to Facebook to express her disappointment in rapper Kendrick Lamar’s recent engagement to his childhood lover because the bride-to-be is light skinned.

Strober posted the following message on Facebook with an image of Kendrick Lamar and his fiancée:

well, well, well would you looky here! ANOTHER FAKE CONSCIOUS MUTHER FUKER EXPOSED. I will never support him nor his music with one dime of my money and encourage all dark skinned women not to either!

After commenters lambasted her for criticizing the rapper’s taste in women, she created another post about the matter:

FAKE CONSCIOUS c00n ASS RAPPER KENDRICK LAMAR PART 2.

I see calling out and exposing self hating fake black men who speak about consciousness but date and marry NON DARK SKIN WOMEN brought you haters to my page. WELL SHARE THIS MUTHERFUKING POST!!! These type of fake c00ns are the worst of the worst. DARK SKIN is the essence of true blackness and if these fakers were really and truly conscious they would MARRY DARK SKINNED WOMEN!!! You pissed ?? GOOD!!!

Hundreds of people left comments criticizing the activist for entertaining the painful and futile discussion about skin color. One commenter named Victoria Mackey wrote: “What an idiot. there’s several tones in Melanated skin.. You seem as if you’re angry because your skin is darker. Thats self hate whether you know it or not.. She still would be considered a ****** in a room full of white people.” Several others supported Mackey’s comment by saying it should not matter Kendrick’s finacée’s skin color because she’s still a Black woman.

One commenter named Yomet Tyler sided with Strober’s point of view: “Even though she is being offensive we all honestly know that lighter skin is prized and glorified..don’t stoop to her level trying to figure it out..jus take it as something to think about maybe.”

http://idatedaily.com/top-fives/act...ious-c00n-for-marrying-a-light-skinned-woman/

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
'The day my daughter comes home cryin about how she's not Black'

That shyt literally made me LOL. Dark skin men and women are out here subjected to longer prison rates, school suspensions, less likely chance of getting a job, and more because they're dark skinned, but light brehs want to make a false equivalency of how they have it so tough cuz someone called them 'lite brite' one time lmaooooooo yall nikkas gotta :camby:

If we're going to talk about colorism we can talk about some real shyt but all this 'the Black community treats light skin people so bad and that's the REAL reason why Kendrick is taking this L' shyt is for the fukking birds.
How long did get for your prison sentence? :sas2:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

“Every time I embrace a black woman I'm embracing slavery, and when I put my arms around a white woman, well, I'm hugging freedom. The white man forbade me to have the white woman on pain of death.... I will not be free until the day I can have a white woman in my bed.”
ain't Cleaver the one who turned into a full on Conservative Republican in his later years :pachaha:
I think I see her point about many people (especially with some coin) who use pro black agendas to boost their own popularity among Blacks (see the coli com :mjpls:) and than flipping on the same Eurocentric qualities they claim to despise but this article seems very bitter and shortsighted if this chick was Kendrick's long time girl and seems to be just divisive for no good reason :manny: you can support darker skinned Blacks and be against colorism and have a lighter spouse :manny:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Cleaver used to rape black girls in the ghetto for practice, so he could move on to raping white women. He's severely fukked in the head.