''Dark Skinned Activist'' Calls Kendrick Lamar a ‘Fake Conscious C00n'

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
The problem I see in your argument is that the image he has in the Black Community should never be threatened by who his girl is because homie hasn't been dropping out love songs about "Your black skin is the skin I love best and I wanna have dark-skin babies with you". He doesn't even rap about black love as much as he raps about gang culture and self-love (as in blue and crips have too much self-hate). Nor did he ever spit on wax about black men dating white women like Kanye West actually did in "Gold Digger" (only to then marry a Kardashian after dropping Amber Rose like a sack of potatoes).

His preaching has always about "being" black, the black experience in compton, not "only loving/marrying black". So how exactly did he lie? Could it be that instead you and a bunch of a whole other people drew another image of Kendrick in your heads and are now feeling cheated?

The dude has obviously always been working to get money if you've been listening to his music (remember Michael Jordan, money trees?). And if black people are paying for his shyt it's because we can relate to him in a lot of levels, in the face of Tamir Rice et al his love life is the least of our worries breh.

His current girlfriend is most certainly a surprise (even I must acknowledge that) but she in no way compromises his message. And really that's it.

Have you listened to Complexion? He did make a reference to loving your dark skin, and even references his girl Whitney in the song saying a woman's complexion don't matter cause we're all women at the end of the day.

I seriously find this laughable because his girl Whitney's father is actually the same color as Kendrick. What's the big deal? He's never really denigrated dark skin women, but at the same time, he don't owe nobody shyt. I'm more troubled him by playing the fence on black issues.

okra

All Star
Daps
Reppin
love
kendrick is ugly, he's lucky anyone was attracted to him before his fame

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

Ooooohhh, so your argument is that he should've thrust her out in the light sooner because of his conscious decision to champion his hood's – after all compton remains the center of his work, not African Americans as a whole – issues.
:ehh: Well from what I heard (in an interview I believe) he didn't want to force her into the spot-light because she's not into stardom like that, but I do understand your cynicism. I really do.

He certainly hid his girlfriend well for years, but he never pretend to be dating dark-skinned women in any interview or song (Sherane doesn't count for obvious reasons) so the "lying" part was a bit blurry to me. But now I think I get it; you wanted him to put forward this particular part of his life so you could gauge just how much you should invest in your interest on him...?

I ain't mad at you. :manny:

As for the Hypothetical scenario, first of all, thanks for engaging it respectfully. :wow: Lets me know you're not trolling. But my point with it was that you seem to be employing a "once a c00n always a c00n" rule that's just not fair from my POV. Jordan may have been a c00n when he began dating the cac chick, but he makes a conscious decision when he decides to change from c00n to gambler when he finally begins to date a fellow black chick just because of race. Even if he gives it his all in his new relationship.

I don't think he had to put her in the spotlight but when you have lines like, 'My type, I like em brown, just like my drink, the fukk you think,' that's not pretending? or 'Some white, some black, nah, I mean EVERYTHING black' (nikka your girl is white and black, tf are you talking about lol) etc and you're always VERY PUBLICLY championing for dark skin women in your videos, etc? It all comes off as extremely disingenuous, like the TDE nikkas sat around at a table like, 'You know who's underreppresnted? Dark skin women, let's market all this shyt to dark skin women, that's an untapped ass market. You gotta keep whitney under raps for at least the first few years tho.' And that's exactly what they did lol. Like it was all just to be different and stand out from the other nikkas that's out right now when really he doesn't give a fukk about the black community or dark skin women. It's all about lining his pockets on some 'I'm gone eat shyt.' And it worked, didn't it?

The Maverick

Rookie and the vet.
Daps
I said multiple times in my post that it's not about her being light (even in the part you quoted), it's about kendrick being a fukking fake, so the fact that you even uttered the sentence 'y'all switch it to his girl isn't dark enough' means your comprehension skills are nonexistent. Y'all already have your minds made up about what people's issue with this is so its no point wasting brain cells trying to educate a clit flea like yourself.

*ignore*
The essence of your argument is that Kendrick is pushing pro-black and pro-dark skinned images, while he has a woman who does not conform to those ideals. I read your entire post, that was the main point I saw. The issue I have is that y'all are trying to use Kendrick as a vehicle to push your agendas about dark-skinned women being shunned in the black community. If you want to start a discussion on that, go ahead, but Kendrick has nothing to do with that. Y'all are just projecting things onto the man to make arguments at this point.

And why would Kendrick pretend to be pro-black? shyt makes no sense, that would cost him money. If anything, he would go like "everyone else" and put light skinned women in his videos and rap about topics destructive to the community. That would make him more money than pretending to be a Black Panther like y'all assume.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
you can't be serious.smh
how is critiquing Azealia Banks sex life important for the advancement of black people? :ohhh:

That's about to be my next comeback for everything coli brehs say.

'Ok but how is this important for the advancement of black people?'

:troll:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he had to put her in the spotlight but when you have lines like, 'My type, I like em brown, just like my drink, the fukk you think,' that's not pretending? or 'Some white, some black, nah, I mean EVERYTHING black' (nikka your girl is white and black, tf are you talking about lol) etc and you're always VERY PUBLICLY championing for dark skin women in your videos, etc? It all comes off as extremely disingenuous, like the TDE nikkas sat around at a table like, 'You know who's underreppresnted? Dark skin women, let's market all this shyt to dark skin women, that's an untapped ass market. You gotta keep whitney under raps for at least the first few years tho.' And that's exactly what they did lol. Like it was all just to be different and stand out from the other nikkas that's out right now when really he doesn't give a fukk about the black community or dark skin women. It's all about lining his pockets on some 'I'm gone eat shyt.' And it worked, didn't it?
Her mom is Hispanic and her dad is the same complexion as Kendrick :comeon:

Where the fukk you getting white?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Nah he's never hid his girl actually. And he has show cased dark skin women (I don't think he owes me or any other dark skin woman a responsibility to date us and have children with us, that would be disingenuous imo). I wouldn't call Kendrick pro black at all. Saying that the white supremacist system is still around and he knows, and the tragic deaths of young black men like Trayvon and Mike Brown affected him, doesn't make him pro black. It just means he's aware that things haven't changed.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's really not bigging up black folks if you think about it. His girl is mixed, her father is the same shade as Kendrick. But Kendrick on the one hand is saying white people hate him because he's so unapologetically black (Black the Berry), then at the end he talks about black on black crime and calls himself a hypocrite. :comeon:
isn't that the whole point of the song though (and maybe even the album)? the fact that we're all over the place consciously and that we're trying to find ourselves. the dualities and shyt. loving/hating yourself (u/i) feeling like you made it swaging and yet feeling guilt that you couldn't help more people to then feeling like you despise some of the same people (king kunta/institusionalized/hood politics).

and i didn't even like the album like that but come on...

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Kendrick is a fake conscious c00n because he created a fake pro black image to sell records, including bigging up darker skin women while secretly having a light skin gf/finace and glorifying certain aspects of Black life while subscribing to respectability politics. That's the problem.

That's it.

Nobody is going to come up with a pro black image thinking they're going to sell recorded.

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
Yep she is screaming insecurity and low self esteem. The fact that she's this worked up about it you can almost guarantee she has no man/boyfriend.

And a lot of dark skin women make it worse on themselves by acting like they are 2nd tier by getting so upset by every little thing. An attractive dark skin chick who gets dudes is not going to be acting like this.

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
isn't that the whole point of the song though (and maybe even the album)? the fact that we're all over the place consciously and that we're trying to find ourselves. the dualities and shyt. loving/hating yourself (u/i) feeling like you made it swaging and yet feeling guilt that you couldn't help more people to then feeling like you despise some of the same people (king kunta/institusionalized/hood politics).

and i didn't even like the album like that but come on...

Nah, the point of the song sounds like he's talking about being black and white folks hating his very existence as a black person, the fact that they can't destroy us despite many attempts, they can't duplicate us, and it kills them because he's being unapologetic about it but at the same, in his own community he sees blacks killing each other. I don't think he needed to make that point. He plays this game of respectability politics and I feel like if you gonna be unapologetically black then go all out or stfu.

Sk3ptical

Free Shiesty
Daps
Reppin
#GMB #TeamForeign #7CertsGang
Color me foolish blue but I could've sworn that Kendrick just makes a conscious effort to big up dark skinned black women in his videos (pretty much all of them) "especially" because he knows they're not well, often if at all, represented in the media; and that's aside from inherently knowing how beautiful black is. From his Never Catch me video to the "i" video with the dark glistening skin all around.
His actual girlfriend, perhaps a product of his teen choices (he did idolize Wayne around that era), is a different matter because when you start a relationship with someone the reasons for staying in that relationship often have nothing to do with the reason said relationship started.

I wholeheartedly believe in black love, but if I get with a white woman and she gives me her all with what her face am I gonna tell her: "Yo you're the best relationship I've ever had to this day, and you've given me more than I ever thought possible. But you ain't black sooo...we through:troll:" without taking away from my own self-love? Honestly that's the reason I don't approach white/latina/asian women like that no more at all; 'cause mingling with them can end up taking away from me building with a black woman who can mean just that much more to me.

What I'm saying is: more difficult than being black is being a black human being.

Hypothetical scenario question: Black man Jordan broke up with his cac girlfriend who sacrificed a lot of her life for him to marry a black woman who he then sacrificed a lot of his life for. Except that particular black woman divorced Jordan to marry her cac husband who she then sacrificed a lot of her life for. What does that make Jordan?
:deadrose:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Yep she is screaming insecurity and low self esteem. The fact that she's this worked up it you can almost guarantee she has no man/boyfriend.

And a lot of dark skin women make it worse on themselves by acting like they are 2nd tier by getting so upset by this. An attractive dark skin chick who gets dudes is not going to be acting like this.

Y'all can't actually know any dark skin women in real life. There's no way.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He might like all types of women but prefers "darker complexion", however he's not that shallow to wife a girl based on her complexion. So he just connected well with a girl and has stayed with her for 10 years. That's a tall good looking broad getting together with a 17 year old hood ass midget, that's a real girl right there :laugh:

He's uplifting a group which isn't uplifted as much as some other groups in hiphop, he has his high school girl which might've been due to her complexion or not (who the fukk knows?). How can you hate on that? If a cac stays fighting for black women as a group, marries a Chinese broad.. Is he a devil all of a sudden?
These dumbass bytches (men and women alike) not gonna address that though. Just like I said before, muhfukkas insecure and colorstruck as fukk to a point where EVERYONE who isn't risking life and limb for something as shallow as a complexion is a self hating c00n. I put so many people on ignore in this thread its crazy.

I usually don't even speak on shyt like this, I just let the stupidity tire itself out but I'm a light skin man, so light that no matter how dark my wife would be, our daughter would be considered light skin. I cant have my daughter allowing any insecure women or fake militant dudes to affect her with this type of bullshyt. I guarantee you my daughter is not gonna come home crying to me about somebody told her she isn't worthy of being found attractive because she isn't dark enough or she isnt black because she isn't darker than some other random bytch. She'll be confident and secure enough to know she's beautiful and worth everything she puts herself in a position to get. That she'll be indifferent to the world because people aint shyt unless they prove to you otherwise so pay them no mind, let them be butthurt and don't waste any prayer on them.

I love women. No matter the shade of color. My girl is light skin and shes a great woman but according to this nikkas, I'm a self hating c00n. Nevermind that the girl I was dating before her was darker than the dumbass brawd that posted this shyt or most the women on the coli. That doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that the girl was a fukking nutcase who spent too much time on social media, gossiped too much and complained all the time. No, I'm supposed to keep dealing with her for the sake of other people worried about what my dikk doing so they can feel more secure and disregard another attractive woman who's more compatible with me because she's not the shade brown some random bytch she thinks. shyt is ridiculous, thats why I'm insensitive to everything as it is. I don't give a fukk about people in general so its not a big deal to me how bothered they get anyway.

:skip: