Dante Ross industry A&R and sometime hiphop producer gets packed up by Tariq and FBA’s on Twitter. Goes private.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just saw the trailer for the film and do not have a problem with it. I agree it was a Black American creation. And yes, more than 3 people are the founders. But I mean DJ Hollywood, Busy B, Sha La Rock they all get their flowers as pioneers. If people are lying and over exaggerating another culture's influence I don't think it got much traction. There isn't some big necessary correction to me.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I been reading the thread. Herc wasn't there from the beginning?
No he wasn't. That one post I quoted for you says Herc was attending these parties when he was still in high school. Go through that one post & you'll see where Herc got his influences, because the ones he copied, were already participating in what we all now call hip hop. It just wasn't called that yet

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No he wasn't. That one post I quoted for you says Herc was attending these parties when he was still in high school. Go through that one post & you'll see where Herc got his influences, because the ones he copied, were already participating in what we all now call hip hop. It just wasn't called that yet
This just seems to be arguments for arguments sake. These clips you posted are old so people been trying to inform other people about them even Herc himself.
Yes, all unsung pioneers deserve their props and flowers. But to frame it like someone is trying to erase African Americans seems unnecessary. It's impossible. Also Latinos and/or West Indians inflating their influence where it wasn't is equally unnecessary. But anyone trying rewrite history in this regard so far is not very successful.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
This just seems to be arguments for arguments sake. These clips you posted are old so people been trying to inform other people about them even Herc himself.
Yes, all unsung pioneers deserve their props and flowers. But to frame it like someone is trying to erase African Americans seems unnecessary. It's impossible. Also Latinos and/or West Indians inflating their influence where it wasn't is equally unnecessary. But anyone trying rewrite history in this regard so far is not very successful.
You seem like you're in denial & resistant in every post you've made. It's why I asked if you were Black American. It seems no matter what evidence you're shown, you're still gonna believe the lies & narrative even though the truth is right in front of your face

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You seem like you're in denial & resistant in every post you've made. It's why I asked if you were Black American. It seems no matter what evidence you're shown, you're still gonna believe the lies & narrative even though the truth is right in front of your face
What lies and narratives am I believing?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Y'all argue about the most useless shyt.

You've seen the footage from the time period. There were non Black people participating in early Hip Hop.

And there are Black Islanders all in the family tree.

Why do y'all wanna draw a distinction between descendants of slaves in the Islands and South America and the slaves in the US? What's so different about those lineages that we need to separate ourselves from one another?

Oh yeah. The Reparations Fairy might not come visit if youre not an a$$hole towards Black people from other parts of the world.

REPARATIONS FAIRY... :heh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Y'all argue about the most useless shyt.

You've seen the footage from the time period. There were non Black people participating in early Hip Hop.

And there are Black Islanders all in the family tree.

Why do y'all wanna draw a distinction between descendants of slaves in the Islands and South America and the slaves in the US? What's so different about those lineages that we need to separate ourselves from one another?

Oh yeah. The Reparations Fairy might not come visit if youre not an a$$hole towards Black people from other parts of the world.

:what:dude, there's no video footage of early HipHip! Those clips you see from Wildstyle or Style Wars are from the 1980s!

By that time, there was a demographics shift in which you see an abundance of Puerto Ricans bboying which is how some of the myths started.

HipHop was going on before Herc circa 1970! Masses of Puerto Ricans didn't come into HipHop until like the 1977-1980 period.

This happened because there was racism between the groups and the gang influence made it worse. A lot of heads won't talk about today because they don't wanna open up old beefs but blacks and ricans from that time period have already spoke on it

Ricans picked up bboy from Blacks heavy around like 1978 because all the black bboys became rappers/djs

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This happened because there was racism between the groups and the gang influence made it worse. A lot of heads won't talk about today because they don't wanna open up old beefs but blacks and ricans from that time period have already spoke on it
I spoke on this before on here. It was before my era, but my brother came up in the midst of it. (esp bc my fam lived in the Bx for a bit before I was born.)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
that white dude is

The Herc starting HipHop in 1973 is a myth that Herc's own account of how it all started, debunks

Zulu Nation even called out the Herc 1973 story as lies lol

It is an over simplification to say 1 or even 3 people started it so yeah always great to tell a more detailed history. But the oversimplification isn't to exclude Black people that's stupid. They're Black and are presented as such.