Dante Ross industry A&R and sometime hiphop producer gets packed up by Tariq and FBA’s on Twitter. Goes private.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
People are arguing about wether Latinos were participating in early Hip Hop.

I said that according to the footage anyone can look up for themselves, there were indeed Latinos participating. As well as other non Black people.

There is no footage of hiphop until the 1980s.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
There is no footage of hiphop until the 1980s.

And the early 80s is early Hip Hop. The first huge record was 1979.

Are y'all trying to suggest that I am saying Hip Hop is not Black American culture and invention? We invented Blues, Rock, Soul, Hip Hop, and more to come. We are the most influential people since Ancient Rome.

I am descendant from American slaves on both sides. And have European and Native ancestors on both sides. I'm a revolutionary minded skeptic who does not accept anything besides evidence.

Okay? I'm not the one to spend time trying to shout down.

I actually remember when Run DMC 30 Days was on the radio. Hearing that for the first time made me want to rap. As a child.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I been watching alot of hiphop history/origin videos here and there. The Puerto Rican dudes trying to claim they created it always hit a wall with their info as if nothing existed before like 1973. They explain hiphop like it fell out the sky and blacks and ricans discovered it together. To use an analogy, to them hiphop is like vibranium in the black panther movie: it fell out the sky and most of it just happen to land on black people.
But with the black american origins of hiphop you can keep going backwards all the way back to plantations or even africa. You can draw a continuous line from the black american genres that pre-date hiphop directly to the creation of hiphop. LOL

The main channel i've been viewing is called Truth Savior. He's been destroying Derek Colon's lies one by one. Derek Colon never has any legit proof anything. He can't show you anything pre-dating hiphop from Puerto Rico. His whole argument is just that "Puerto Ricans were in the Bronx too".