Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Is it possible to trade Marcus Smart and Fournier for Lonzo?

Do the numbers match up?

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it possible to trade Marcus Smart and Fournier for Lonzo?

Do the numbers match up?
I think Fournier would have to agree to a sign and trade. I like Lonzo. He's a big pass first point guard who can get guys easy looks. He also plays good defense. If we can get him without giving up Nesmith and Romeo i'd be happy. I know a lot of fans are down on Romeo, but I still want to see if he can develop and hopefully stay healthy.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the rumor is that the Celtics traded for Josh Richardson because they’re not gonna be able to bring Fournier back. If so, that’s an L. Richardson ain’t been shyt in years still skating off reputation from his time in Miami :francis:

And they just traded Moses Brown for him :dahell:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
So the rumor is that the Celtics traded for Josh Richardson because they’re not gonna be able to bring Fournier back. If so, that’s an L. Richardson ain’t been shyt in years still skating off reputation from his time in Miami :francis:

yeah at the moment I don’t like Moses being included

that changes this deal a lot for me, there are a lot of players on the team I’d rather include than him

but I wanna wait and see how everything shakes out

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

What the fukk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brad gonna Brad. Free Agency hasn't started yet so hopefully he redeems himself. Or hopefully he just doesn't do more dumb shyt.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Brad gonna Brad. Free Agency hasn't started yet so hopefully he redeems himself. Or hopefully he just doesn't do more dumb shyt.

Brad gonna find out it's not easy to be Danny Ainge. Danny had the balls to embrace the criticism if he made a dumb move. Lets see

Moses Brown was getting paid like $1.5 million a year. Absolutely idiotic move

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Brad gonna find out it's not easy to be Danny Ainge. Danny had the balls to embrace the criticism if he made a dumb move. Lets see

Moses Brown was getting paid like $1.5 million a year. Absolutely idiotic move

presti traded brown too

them both trading Moses brown has to mean something isn’t right

I’m not gonna judge until I see the big picture, it’s clear he’s getting rid of as many young guys as he can outside of Pritchard nesmith romeo timelord and adding veterans that play defense and play hard, should be a better team by default because our depth was awful last season

I do think lonzo is the perfect fit, it would be a tough pill to swallow if we have to sacrifice smart to get him tho

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all good with this Stevens set up? Dude won't be able to reist being in coaches playbooks, in the lockerroom, at practices, especially if he thinks the coaches are fukking up.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
presti traded brown too

them both trading Moses brown has to mean something isn’t right

I’m not gonna judge until I see the big picture, it’s clear he’s getting rid of as many young guys as he can outside of Pritchard nesmith romeo timelord and adding veterans that play defense and play hard, should be a better team by default because our depth was awful last season

I do think lonzo is the perfect fit, it would be a tough pill to swallow if we have to sacrifice smart to get him tho

You mean the same Sam Presti that tried to trade Shai Gilgeous Alexander? lol

But you have a point that Celtics probably have something under their sleeve to clear up cap space in a "wink wink" to another star player for them to come here
I heard if they let Fournier walk, they'll have enough cap space to sign a star player next offseason

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean the same Sam Presti that tried to trade Shai Gilgeous Alexander? lol

But you have a point that Celtics probably have something under their sleeve to clear up cap space in a "wink wink" to another star player for them to come here
I heard if they let Fournier walk, they'll have enough cap space to sign a star player next offseason

They would have to let Smart & Time Lord walk too

So basically you swap Smart, Fournier & Time Lord for Beal. I’m not really convinced that significantly raises this team’s ceiling but whatever

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They would have to let Smart & Time Lord walk too

So basically you swap Smart, Fournier & Time Lord for Beal. I’m not really convinced that significantly raises this team’s ceiling but whatever

I'm not a cap-ologist. But don't the Celtics have like a $10 mill exception to keep TimeLord that doesn't effect the cap?