Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a cap-ologist. But don't the Celtics have like a $10 mill exception to keep TimeLord that doesn't effect the cap?

They have Time Lord’s bird rights so they can go over the cap to re-sign him but if they want to sign Beal or some other star in free agency they’re gonna have to have enough cap space outright

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I'mma admit that I am thoroughly confused. Its almost a bad thing that Woj and Shams are reporting so early on these things...there not fully baked and done and now were all confused lol.

I’ve been in a daze since the draft, between that and the mlb trade deadline my brain was mush

I do think there’s truth to the Celtics trying to move Dunn elsewhere

gonna let everything play out before I say anything I’d like to think there’s a plan

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ehh, it made us a worse team that season but they were never beating Miami regardless. And long term, not paying Perkins was absolutely the right move.

Hopefully it’s something like Smart, Romeo Langford, Fournier s&t and picks for Bradley Beal.

There is no chance Washington trades Beal here without asking for JB.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Ehh, it made us a worse team that season but they were never beating Miami regardless. And long term, not paying Perkins was absolutely the right move.

There is no chance Washington trades Beal here without asking for JB.

If the reports of Beal wanting to play in Boston are true, why give Brown up when we can just Sign Beal next off-season for free. All we basically need to do is let Fournier go this year, trade Al Horford Expiring deal next season and we’ll be able to sign Beal or any other Max player that wants to play in Boston.

I’ll be fine with not breaking the Bank for Marcus Smart and wait and see if Timelord can play a whole season before inking him to a ridiculous multi year contract.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
If the reports of Beal wanting to play in Boston are true, why give Brown up when we can just Sign Beal next off-season for free. All we basically need to do is let Fournier go this year, trade Al Horford Expiring deal next season and we’ll be able to sign Beal or any other Max player that wants to play in Boston.

I’ll be fine with not breaking the Bank for Marcus Smart and wait and see if Timelord can play a whole season before inking him to a ridiculous multi year contract.

100% exactly exactly exactly

Would be a disaster similar to Carmelo Anthony coming to the Knicks too soon, decimating their team
When he could have just waited a year when he was a free agent

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

None of that changes what I said. The Wizards are not about to trade Beal here for Fournier and Langford, they will ask for Brown.