Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
At some point the coach needs to get it through their heads that it’s okay to abandon the 3 point shot when they’re not falling. 48 3 point attempts in a game is way too many. Brown and Tatum went 1-17.

They’ve been doing this for years, at this point it safe to assume coaching encourages it. This is all Danny’s fault. He refused to trade assets and build a competent bench. He did nothing but pump fake constantly during his tenure. All the C’s needed was a bench and a big for YEARS. And he did nothing. vucevic? :gladbron: NOPE. Myles turner? :gladbron: NOPE. Now I’m stuck watching Grant fukking Williams :martin: I’m not watching these bums anymore

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’ve been doing this for years, at this point it safe to assume coaching encourages it. This is all Danny’s fault. He refused to trade assets and build a competent bench. He did nothing but pump fake constantly during his tenure. All the C’s needed was a bench and a big for YEARS. And he did nothing. vucevic? :gladbron: NOPE. Myles turner? :gladbron: NOPE. Now I’m stuck watching Grant fukking Williams :martin: I’m not watching these bums anymore

Ainge put a great bench together. That roster we had from 2017-2019 was stacked. We were legit 11-12 deep. We did a horrible job of retooling once those guys moved on.

- Kyrie left for nothing
- Morris left for nothing
- Horford left for nothing
- Traded Rozier for Kemba which ended up being a huge mistake and traded him to get Horford back on the same contract they refused to match the 1st time
- Only got a TPE back for Hayward which they used the bulk of on Fournier who left for nothing.
- Traded Theis for nothing
- Traded Baynes for a draft pick, then packaged the pick with Kanter to dump his salary so they could sign Tristan Thompson, then traded Thompson a year later and signed Kanter back. So left with nothing again. And that pick became Desmond Bane who so far has looked to be a much better player than anyone we’ve drafted over the last 3 years.

So to sum it all up they lost Kyrie, Morris, Horford, Rozier, Hayward, Baynes & Theis over the course of 3 years and all they got directly return to show for it today is Horford that they had to give up a pick to bring back and Josh Richardson. The fact that this team is even able to be .500 after losing that much talent without return is a miracle honestly.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Ainge put a great bench together. That roster we had from 2017-2019 was stacked. We were legit 11-12 deep. We did a horrible job of retooling once those guys moved on.

- Kyrie left for nothing
- Morris left for nothing
- Horford left for nothing
- Traded Rozier for Kemba which ended up being a huge mistake and traded him to get Horford back on the same contract they refused to match the 1st time
- Only got a TPE back for Hayward which they used the bulk of on Fournier who left for nothing.
- Traded Theis for nothing
- Traded Baynes for a draft pick, then packaged the pick with Kanter to dump his salary so they could sign Tristan Thompson, then traded Thompson a year later and signed Kanter back. So left with nothing again. And that pick became Desmond Bane who so far has looked to be a much better player than anyone we’ve drafted over the last 3 years.

So to sum it all up they lost Kyrie, Morris, Horford, Rozier, Hayward, Baynes & Theis over the course of 3 years and all they got directly return to show for it today is Horford that they had to give up a pick to bring back. The fact that this team is even able to be .500 after losing that much talent without return is a miracle honestly.

I've always said Ainge should have traded Kyrie at the 2019 trade deadline. It's unpopular to say that, but I knew Kyrie was gonna bounce. You could tell by how he talked to the media about the young players, and taking side swipes at Brad Stevens

At that point, Kyrie's stock was at an all time high, even higher then when we traded Isaiah Thomas for him back in 2017. That is when we could have gotten alot of pieces to help our team, and have another contending team when Kyrie left. But Ainge wanted to take his chances that he'll resign, hard to blame him but still. Missed opportunity

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always said Ainge should have traded Kyrie at the 2019 trade deadline. It's unpopular to say that, but I knew Kyrie was gonna bounce. You could tell by how he talked to the media about the young players, and taking side swipes at Brad Stevens

At that point, Kyrie's stock was at an all time high, even higher then when we traded Isaiah Thomas for him back in 2017. That is when we could have gotten alot of pieces to help our team, and have another contending team when Kyrie left. But Ainge wanted to take his chances that he'll resign, hard to blame him but still. Missed opportunity

Doubt they would’ve gotten a great return for Kyrie at that point. Everybody knew that if he left the Celtics he was going to a NY team and they both had the cap space to sign him outright so they had no need to give up anything to move him. But I do think in general he messed up not breaking up that 2019 team at the deadline when it was clear it wasn’t working and also sitting on those picks from the Grizzlies & Kings and letting their value tank.

After how great they looked over the past few weeks I thought this team was turning a corner but they seem to have taken 3 steps forward and 5 steps back. The theme of this season has been get behind in the first quarter, spend the next two quarters fighting to come back, and then collapse for good in the 4th. Literally the worst 4th quarter team in the league.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Doubt they would’ve gotten a great return for Kyrie at that point. Everybody knew that if he left the Celtics he was going to a NY team and they both had the cap space to sign him outright so they had no need to give up anything to move him. But I do think in general he messed up not breaking up that 2019 team at the deadline when it was clear it wasn’t working and also sitting on those picks from the Grizzlies & Kings and letting their value tank.

After how great they looked over the past few weeks I thought this team was turning a corner but they seem to have taken 3 steps forward and 5 steps back. The theme of this season has been get behind in the first quarter, spend the next two quarters fighting to come back, and then collapse for good in the 4th. Literally the worst 4th quarter team in the league.

Yeah true I agree. That 2019 deadline could have changed alot of things

The past 3 seasons is all on the Celtics media being too in love with Marcus Smart to realize that the Celtics team as constructed have outgrown him. What he brings the Celtics don't need as a priority. Trade his contract for shooters. They get behind so quickly because of their lack of shooting and other teams packing the paint because of their lack of shooting. So what the media does instead is to pit the blame on Jaylen and Jayson "hating each other" because they are terrified to criticize Smart
After Smart called out Jaylen and Jayson like a dumbass, the media responded like "Bu bu bu bu he has a point".... Celtics media only have themselves to blame

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was looking at some of the lineup stats for the season. Just with the roster we have and who Ime plays, it looks like we’ve got a fundamental issue.

We pretty much cannot play Schroder, Smart, Horford & Time Lord all at the same time.

The Horford/Time Lord duo works…but only if one of Smart/Schroder is on the floor. When both are on, it tanks. The Smart/Schroder duo works…but only if one of Horford/Time Lord is on the floor. When both are on, it tanks.

In other words, we can play 2 of the guards and 1 of the centers and be fine. We can play 2 of the centers and of 1 of the guards. Try to play all four and it gets ugly fast.

The question is will Ime make the right changes or continue to trot that lineup out when it’s not working.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I think the Celtics interest in Simmons is legit

and I think Simmons is the guy that can tie brown and Tatum together because he will control the primary play making and spread the ball

plus a tatum / brown / Simmons young trio going forward would be a nightmare defensively

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the Celtics interest in Simmons is legit

and I think Simmons is the guy that can tie brown and Tatum together because he will control the primary play making and spread the ball

plus a tatum / brown / Simmons young trio going forward would be a nightmare defensively
Whi y'all trading for Simmons. :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It's 2022 and Celtics media still thinks that Celtics don't have to trade Marcus Smart to get to the next level and be a contending team

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horford is cooked. That double big lineup ain't it. Richardson too skinny to defend anyone. Dennis is too small to defend anyone, makes silly decisions, and won't be on the team long term. Marcus is Marcus, asked to play a bigger role than he should. If we can get something of quality, gotta dump him. bytch ass team still don't box out. Got to give the bench minutes to the young guys if we lose anyway.

Horford 27 mil
Josh 12 mil
Juancho 7 mil
Dennis Lame Duck

Get rid of these fukken bozos.