Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh.. 2-4 but two of the losses were in double OT. Frustrating losses but not the end of the world. The constant in both L's was Tatum shooting poorly.

Also Brown and Tatum are 23-24-years old. Yes they've been around forever it seems but they aren't in they prime years yet and they've already led the team to the ECFs

Brown is 6 years in, Tatum is 5 years. We are past the point of moral victories. Teams have lapped us.

This team looks just as shytty as they did last year, and they look just as disjointed as they did in 2018-19 only with significantly less talent. Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose and this team fits the latter. Every other person who’s been scapegoated is gone. So who is to blame now?

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
There’s potential for a Avon-Stringer dynamic with Tatum and Brown. It’s “Tatum’s team” but Brown is the more efficient player on a lot of nights so I could see some tension developing over time if they struggle to find success together

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Celtics help defense was amazing yesterday and it was without Smart and Williams

Beal and Tatum combined to miss 42 shots. Impressive chuckfest

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The effort was there yesterday, but shooting 2-26 from 3 was abysmal. We just can't seem to make the "must have" plays in close games so far. Other eastern teams that have been bad in the past are pretty good now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So who is to blame now?

TBH if you wanna blame anyone it has to start with the front office.. They were dealt a bad hand with Hayward always being hurt, kyrie being hurt and crazy and kemba always being hurt however some of the draft picks never materialized and they never added that 3rd piece around Brown and Tatum..

i even said all offseason just sign Fournier because he at least provides another pure scoring threat and someone that needs to be checked down the stretch of the 4th.. he's also not scared ...and look how NY is enjoying him on the team..

Smart is the 3rd guy and he can't be that guy.. i love Smart because he makes plays on defense that nobody can and he has heart but he can't be a 3rd option. Let's be real..

what is really around Tatum and Brown?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TBH if you wanna blame anyone it has to start with the front office.. They were dealt a bad hand with Hayward always being hurt, kyrie being hurt and crazy and kemba always being hurt however some of the draft picks never materialized and they never added that 3rd piece around Brown and Tatum..

i even said all offseason just sign Fournier because he at least provides another pure scoring threat and someone that needs to be checked down the stretch of the 4th.. he's also not scared ...and look how NY is enjoying him on the team..

Smart is the 3rd guy and he can't be that guy.. i love Smart because he makes plays on defense that nobody can and he has heart but he can't be a 3rd option. Let's be real..

what is really around Tatum and Brown?

Re-signing Fournier would’ve put the deep team into the tax and ownership didn’t want to pay it. Besides the team was still ass last year with him.

Horford is the 3rd guy, not Smart. And if Smart is the heart & soul of this team but they play with no heart most of the time then how valuable is that really?

I’m just saying that we’re constantly complaining about the same things regarding this team but these problems still exist and there’s only 3 parts that still remain. Kyrie was the team cancer, Rozier & Morris were ballstoppers, Hayward & Theis were soft, Kemba always chucking & playing no defense, Stevens lost the locker room, Ainge out of touch. All gone. I’m not saying it’s solely Tatum, Brown & Smart’s fault they’re ass but how long are we going to continue holding everyone else accountable but them and keep cycling out parts for the same result?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was less than a year.. how many times are we going to let go of assets without getting anything real back?

Not really interested about the tax.. not my money

I’m not saying I agreed with letting him go for nothing just to avoid the luxury tax. But I also don’t think he substantially raises their ceiling

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn y’all thread :flabbynsick: as shyt

Taking my father in law to the Celtics/Magic game tonight he’s a big Celtics fan so y’all better win :ufdup:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to only have to worry about Marcus doing some goofy shyt. And now we got his long lost brother in Schroder.:russ:
I now know what Laker fans were complaining about.

Can Pritchard hurry up and learn to actually play the point guard position instead of being a small shoot first guy? He has a ripe opportunity to get minutes but doesn't know how to run a team. We need to lock him up in a room and force him to watch some John Stockton and Mark Price film on some clockwork orange steez.
aclockworkorange2-800450.jpg

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to only have to worry about Marcus doing some goofy shyt. And now we got his long lost brother in Schroder.:russ:
I now know what Laker fans were complaining about.

Can Pritchard hurry up and learn to actually play the point guard position instead of being a small shoot first guy? He has a ripe opportunity to get minutes but doesn't know how to run a team. We need to lock him up in a room and force him to watch some John Stockton and Mark Price film on some clockwork orange steez.
aclockworkorange2-800450.jpg

We haven't had a playmaking PG since they traded Rondo :manny:

Even as great as IT was, he was still a scorer at heart

The Smart & Schroder duo is just a disaster though. Neither can shoot, both are prone to going completely braindead at any moment. Ugh.