Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game displayed all of Jayson's worst habits. Not going to his post/mid range game when the 3 isn't falling to get himself going. When he drives he leaves the ball exposed to be swiped or blocked. Or he just misses the layup and cries to the ref for a foul and doesn't get back on defense. We need him to take that next step mentally to compete. Time for the boy to mature into a man.

Oh, and why does he keep trying to drive around smaller defenders? Put little guys on your hip, back em down, and post them up.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Regarding last night

- JB was obviously spectacular. Even though he ran out of gas in the 2nd OT, this was the best game I’ve ever seen him play. It’s crazy how far he’s come. His rookie year his handle was so trash he could barely take the ball to the basket without getting stripped. 5 years later he’s making Jordan-esque moves :wow:

- Tatum was obviously trash. Might be the worst game of his career. Like I posted in the game thread, he was getting good looks for most of the game and just wasn’t hitting them, but he completely unraveled in OT. Resorted right back to the shytty Kobe cosplay

- As far as the young guys go, was really happy with how Time Lord & Romeo played. If his body can hold up, Time Lord might lead the league in blocks. I felt Pritchard should’ve been out there at the end over Schroder, and I hope that isn’t a trend this season. Grant hit some timely 3s in the 4th but outside of that he was ass

Horford & Richardson are expected back for tomorrow. Good thing is the next stretch should have some winnable games: Toronto, at Houston, at Charlotte, home & home with Washington, Chicago, at Orlando. I see no reason why we can’t go at least 5-2 with the talent on this roster.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Game 2 vs the Raptors
i_79_21_70_BOS_vs_TOR.png

No injured Celtics

Last edited:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: New coach and same bullshyt. Stupid turnovers, stupid shot selection, no one boxes out for rebounds. We cut the lead to 2 points despite playing like shyt, and Jayson has 3 terrible possessions of missing layups and crying to the ref to bail him out or turning it over. Raptors go on a run and blow the door off the hinges.

Ime needs to decide who is gonna be the backup PG. Schroder and Pritchard on at the same time makes us way too small. Pritchard is a good shooter but he is absolute garbage on defense. Offensively he can't break down the defense, and he can't create for others. I'd rather have Nesmith take those minutes.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most frustrating thing about the loss to Toronto is that usually when you get blown out like that in this day and age it’s because the other team is lighting it up on offense but that wasn’t even the case. Raptors offense was throwing up bricks just like we were, the difference in the game was almost entirely points off turnovers and 2nd chance points. Literally they were a combined +32 in those margins and we lost by 32. Doesn’t matter who the opponent is, you’re gonna get your ass kicked if you commit 25 turnovers and give up 21 offensive rebounds.

As far the rotations go, I agree that I haven’t liked the minutes with Schroder & Pritchard playing together. OKC could get away with playing CP3 & Schroder together because CP3 is a worlds better player than Pritchard. I would also say that Ime needs to stagger the rotations so that one of Horford & Time Lord is on the court at all times. Grant cannot play the 5 unless the opposing team goes super small and Kanter is unplayable outside of certain matchups because of defense.

Me personally I would move either Langford or Richardson into the starting 5 and bring Horford off the bench and I would move Pritchard out for Nesmith. It would balance the rotation out so much.

I’m not gonna panic at the 0-2 start because we started off last season 8-3 and had the best record in the East, then had a losing record for the rest of the season. It ain’t about how you start, it’s how you finish. I predicted us to be a 6-7 seed with the potential of climbing up if things line up right and I haven’t changed that.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This team just isn’t good :manny:

I had a slither of hope but so far they’ve looked like they just picked up from where they left off last season.

I know it’s still early but this is the 3rd time in 4 years this team has underachieved. Stevens isn’t the coach anymore. Kyrie is gone, Rozier is gone, Morris is gone, Kemba is gone, Hayward is gone, Theis is gone. All the past scapegoats are gone. The only constants on all 3 of those teams I mentioned are Tatum, Brown & Smart. As talented as they are individually, we might have to start questioning whether the Tatum & Brown duo is actually it for us.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This team just isn’t good :manny:

I had a slither of hope but so far they’ve looked like they just picked up from where they left off last season.

I know it’s still early but this is the 3rd time in 4 years this team has underachieved. Stevens isn’t the coach anymore. Kyrie is gone, Rozier is gone, Morris is gone, Kemba is gone, Hayward is gone, Theis is gone. All the past scapegoats are gone. The only constants on all 3 of those teams I mentioned are Tatum, Brown & Smart. As talented as they are individually, we might have to start questioning whether the Tatum & Brown duo is actually it for us.

Breh.. 2-4 but two of the losses were in double OT. Frustrating losses but not the end of the world. The constant in both L's was Tatum shooting poorly.

Also Brown and Tatum are 23-24-years old. Yes they've been around forever it seems but they aren't in they prime years yet and they've already led the team to the ECFs