Danhausen is supposed to be a big star?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
what are the chances of black wrestling fans getting behind a black wrestler, turning him into a wrestling meme and liking him ironically to the point he becomes a star?

Aint that how the New Day turned face in 2016 kinda?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
IIRC Impact beat them to the punch with him. He was in talks with them before Cody brought his name up as someone who would be great in AEW.

As far as Danhausen, I don't get it either but dude is obviously pretty popular.

Not like he's going to be anything more than low to mid-card comedy relief

Damn CM Punk really did fall off went from top 10 to not mentioned at all :dead:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
its more of a ironinc - in on the joke - wrestling nerd culture thing, its truly the WOAT.

they love the stuff that makes a joke of wrestling. Wrestling can BE and should have comedy but they love the clown shyt. He may be talented but that corny shyt aint for me
You put into words what makes me hate so much of modern wrestling. I've been trying to put my finger on it, but this is it. Too much dork shyt, crowds wanting to be the star of the show, wink wink stuff.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that debut made absolutely no sense. Why the fukk would you put him randomly mid-match in an already established storyline. It was nothing more than a cheap pop for the more hardcore fans, and if you don't know who he is you aren't gonna get a chuckle from it, and in terms of storyline it served absolutely no purpose. I am positive there will be no followup to it, in context to the story, and they just wanted a way to get him on tv for the cheap pop.

Thinking of what you can do with this guy.... At best I would just have him doing backstage interviews on Darks. It's a silly character you can work with on the non-TV shows, and he seems to be good at improv on the mic. But you can't realistically push that shyt above jobber status.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Danhausen is a smart signing by AEW. He'll sell a bunch of merch, he's not just another spot monkey, and he can work either a traditional or comedy match. Also, Danhausen can be marketed to kids if Tony Khan ever decides to persue that audience. He's basically a younger Santino or Colt Cabana type.