Danhausen is supposed to be a big star?

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
the bolded shyt was widely panned at the time by everybody :stopitslime: the WWE what-aboutism doesn't work when you bring up things that were universally shyt on at the time

This is not WWE what-aboutism, I’m saying wrestling has always been filled with goofy shyt.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
the bolded shyt was widely panned at the time by everybody :stopitslime: the WWE what-aboutism doesn't work when you bring up things that were universally shyt on at the time

Thank you.

I'm so sick of AEW stans always assuming that anybody who criticizes them is some WWE apologist.

I'm #NoWatchGang all day and I think AEW needs to get better, even though I support what they're about (empowering wrestlers & fans)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don’t get it?

U don’t sign dudes Chris Bey…..but sign that?!
Wasn't Cody and Chris Bey having unofficial convos about him coming to AEW but he signed with TNA first?

And Danhausen is a gimmick wrestler with a decent sized following. No more no less.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Looking at the top ten list on PWTees that Danhausen is on, nothing sums up wrestling fans better to me than shyt talking New Jack for years and then buying all his merch up because he died. I’m pretty sure Generico is only #3 too because Dubheads worked themselves into a shoot thinking he was gonna go to AEW once his contract was up and they decided to buy his stock up.

RIP New Jack

Sami Zayn does a “Sami For Syria” campaign every year where he sells a shirt on PWT and uses the proceeds to fund a mobile clinic in Syria. Him and other wrestlers promote it heavily and it always sells well. They were doing big numbers before AEW was even a thing.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps

They making up shyt that we cheering tor scooters races n shyt to excuse the this bullshyt aew does lol

remember they had a battle royale with a guy with no legs :mjlol:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Sami Zayn does a “Sami For Syria” campaign every year where he sells a shirt on PWT and uses the proceeds to fund a mobile clinic in Syria. Him and other wrestlers promote it heavily and it always sells well. They were doing big numbers before AEW was even a thing.
Dap & Rep for the correction :salute:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Thank you.

I'm so sick of AEW stans always assuming that anybody who criticizes them is some WWE apologist.

I'm #NoWatchGang all day and I think AEW needs to get better, even though I support what they're about (empowering wrestlers & fans)

This isn’t even about some pro-AEW shyt, how come anytime somebody brings up something that’s been done in WWE y’all get all defensive and shyt? It’s the biggest wrestling promotion in the world, so why can’t anyone use examples for it? My fukking point was that Wrestling has ALWAYS had goofy characters and storylines, and hell a lot of goofy shyt from WWE I liked, even now with RKBro, so don’t even try it. It’s just that saying signing Danhausen makes wrestling look like a joke is some extremely disingenuous shyt, the mf is comedy character, it’s not like he’s gonna be competing for the World Title.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
This isn’t even about some pro-AEW shyt, how come anytime somebody brings up something that’s been done in WWE y’all get all defensive and shyt? It’s the biggest wrestling promotion in the world, so why can’t anyone use examples for it? My fukking point was that Wrestling has ALWAYS had goofy characters and storylines, and hell a lot of goofy shyt from WWE I liked, even now with RKBro, so don’t even try it. It’s just that saying signing Danhausen makes wrestling look like a joke is some extremely disingenuous shyt, the mf is comedy character, it’s not like he’s gonna be competing for the World Title.

He just debuted in the main event of the show (a main event featuring a comedy character, no less) backing down someone who presumably will be challenging for the World Title soon

You bring up examples of stuff that people resent WWE for, that shouldn't be the mark AEW shoots for as the "alternative" for WWE. "Well WWE did some dumb shyt, it's no biggie if AEW does the same" Maybe they should shoot for being the company that doesn't have dumb campy shyt?

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not even an aew thing because he was getting time with wrestling media and whatnot before aew....its more of a ironinc - in on the joke - wrestling nerd culture thing, its truly the WOAT. Same with hook...gcw...that librarian shyt..etc

these are the same fans of nick cage, the bucks past njpw, bar wrestling, joey janela, joey ryan and marty scurll before they got exposed, etc

they love the stuff that makes a joke of wrestling. Wrestling can BE and should have comedy but they love the clown shyt. He may be talented but that corny shyt aint for me

Without that fan base there is no AEW. They're responsible for AEWs early success to the point that AEW on TNT is possible. And AEW appeals to me as the new WCW way more than as the goofy ironic sh1t, but that's just what it is.