Dan Houser is leaving Rockstar

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
he should be canonized as a saint for this alone

He is also the guy who got the housers to change gta 3 from a top down game to a 3rd person action game...

I think that was that interview where he said the housers and take two was telling him doing it that way would take to long and he was like "we are already developing the game that way right now":skip:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
He is also the guy who got the housers to change gta 3 from a top down game to a 3rd person action game...

I think that was that interview where he said the housers and take two was telling him doing it that way would take to long and he was like "we are already developing the game that way right now":skip:
:dead: this guy made one of the most important decisions in gaming in the last 20 years

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Burn out is real...especially when your every waking moment is spent on something you're passionate about but never get to fully enjoy.

I refuse to believe that for the last 5 years R* has only been working on GTAV online and RDR2, there has to be at least one other title that's being worked.

They’ve definitely been working on GTA 6 for a while now. A few actors and Rockstar employees had it listed on their resumes before they took it down. Below are the screencaps of them.

JorgeConsejo-CV.pdf

Sv5H3RC.png

XyHnxsI.png

Voice acting and motion capture work usually don’t happen until mid development so this suggests that it’s pretty far into the development stages. There’s also rumors of them developing Bully 2 as well.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I fully expect GTA to go out like how Halo did once Call of Duty 4 hit the streets. Prior every shooter was literally copying Halo's formula and failed within the genre. COD 4 used its OWN formula and beat Halo without directly competing with Halo if you get what i mean. I expect the same to happen with GTA especially with R using some very important devs like Benz and now Dan Houser. There been many open world "GTA clones" since GTA 3 but I expect a new open world franchise "to do a COD 4" and use a different/unique formula to dethrone GTA. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Call me even more crazy but CD Project Red is looking more and more hungry these days and Cyber Punk had me way more interested in it than RDR 2.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I fully expect GTA to go out like how Halo did once Call of Duty 4 hit the streets. Prior every shooter was literally copying Halo's formula and failed within the genre. COD 4 used its OWN formula and beat Halo without directly competing with Halo if you get what i mean. I expect the same to happen with GTA especially with R using some very important devs like Benz and now Dan Houser. There been many open world "GTA clones" since GTA 3 but I expect a new open world franchise "to do a COD 4" and use a different/unique formula to dethrone GTA. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Call me even more crazy but CD Project Red is looking more and more hungry these days and Cyber Punk had me way more interested in it than RDR 2.
I can definitely see CD Projekt Red pulling a COD 4 on GTA, but I can see Benz doing that too. People tend to forget is the only way to beat those giants is to make a better formula. We seen it before, Quake to Unreal Tournament, NBA Live to NBA 2K, and Warcraft III to Dota 2.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
GTA6 will probably be the end of Rockstar...:ld: let's keep it 100 there's only 1 houser brother left..:francis: once he leaves it's a wrap...

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

There was that ambitious old game called gangsters which combined open world with deep empire building.

The moment someone successfully adapts that, it'll be a gta beater.

Godfather had a very basic element of empire building, which made it interesting. But in that game gangsters, the goal was to take over the town, goonie wise, politics wise and business wise.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There was that ambitious old game called gangsters which combined open world with deep empire building.

The moment someone successfully adapts that, it'll be a gta beater.

Godfather had a very basic element of empire building, which made it interesting. But in that game gangsters, the goal was to take over the town, goonie wise, politics wise and business wise.
I love rise to power type open world games.:wow: Thats why I LOVED the Godfather games, Scarface, GTA Vice City, GTA SA, Saints Row 2 and a few other open world games that had those elements. Mafia 3 sucked at it tho. But... Rockstar stopped making GTA games like that after GTA Vice City Stories smdh. Yea another developer(not named 2k) needs to make a crime drama type of open world game. The demand is high for those type of games and R has been alienating that demographic.

Gonna have to look up that "Gangsters" game.