Damn they got paper work on Charlamagne(update aww shyt Victim wants to reopen case)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Charlemagne Tha God: Rape Accuser Wants Case Re-Opened 16-years Later

MENU
Charlamagne-tha-Godrs2.jpg

Charlemagne Tha God: Rape Accuser Wants Case Re-Opened 16-years Later
Ny MaGeeJuly 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm
Apple NewscrimeEntertainmentLegalNewsTelevisionTop NewsTV/Radio/Film/TheaterUrban Hip HopUrban Living0 Comments0 views
*A woman named Jessica Reid claims she was raped by radio personality Charlamagne Tha God in 2001 when she was just 15-years old.

The Breakfast Club host was arrested years ago on a charge of sexual misconduct with a minor after a 15-year-old Reid accused him of rape. He ended up pleading guilty to a much lesser charge, but now the alleged victim wants the criminal case against the star re-opened.

According to documents obtained by The Blast, the then 22-year-old Charlamagne Tha God (aka Lenard Larry McKelvey) was arrested on July 2, 2001 on a warrant stemming from a charge of criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the 2nd degree, for an incident that allegedly occurred the month before.

More specifically, the documents accused him of “willfully, unlawfully, and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen-year-old female child.”

Examinations by doctors corroborated her story that a sexual assault had occurred. The hospital also obtained a statement from the girl implicating Charlamagne in the alleged assault.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: It’s Painful – Here’s How Colorism Affects Black Folks (VIDEO)

A woman claims that Charlamagne Tha God drugged and raped her at age 15. She speaks HERE: 15 Year Old Girl That Charlamagne Is Accused Of Drugging & Raping Speaks Out! [Full Interview Out]

— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) July 10, 2018

But during the investigation, Reid was uncooperative with the prosecution and, as a result, they felt a conviction of Charlamagne on the arrested charge would be impossible. He ultimately pled guilty to a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and was sentenced to 3 years of probation.

The case was disposed in 2002.

16 years later, 32-year-old Jessica Reid says she never received closure and has not “been able to get over it.”

According to The Star Report a woman named Jessica Reid claims she was raped by radio personality Charlamagne Tha God in 2001. According to court documents Charlamagne took a plea in this case.

To watch to full interview visit @troitorain YouTube channel pic.twitter.com/9r9nQJs77n

— 4ourPeople (@4ourPeople_) July 9, 2018

Reid’s mother, Joslyn, tells The Blast she was trying to protect her daughter from suffering and further humiliation when she was a child and stopped her from cooperating in the prosecution.

Joslyn says she now supports her daughter and believes closure is needed to truly end Jessica’s “suffering and pain.”

Meanwhile, Charlamagne previously addressed the rape charge during an interview with DJ Akademiks, scroll up and watch the clip above.

Joslyn described the interview as “very hurtful,” and claims it further contributed to her daughter’s suffering.

One Twitter user noted: “Charlamagne Tha God makes a living for making guests on his radio show uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY the women. This is the least surprising accusation.”

Another said: “All you gotta do is watch just one Breakfast Club interview to know that Charlemagne tha God is a very deviant person.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i don't think it even matters
its not like this shyt happen in the 1950’s ... from what i know inna rape charge especially if its a minor can go to trial with or without the victim corporation or approval once the rape test & DNA matches up

this was put into law for several decades cause most women were either intimidated or embarrass to go thru a rape case

the fact his DNA cleared him of rape & her and her friend supposedly being completely wasted - means she’s just wasting her time with attempting to reopen this

Ain't you the stupid poster that thinks Amir Muhammad killed Biggie?

There is no info that said DNA cleared him of rape. Stop saying dumb shyt. Every time you are on here you are posting incorrect info.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be funny and sad at the same time when NYPost has that "Donkey of The Day" newspaper headline when this gets bigger

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lenard Skin-ard is FINISHED. He is a c00n and his karma is coming home to roost.

The only discrepancy in your explanation that I see is that he might’ve only mentioned the 3 mos probation as a “sentence” because the 3yrs that he was given was given as a “suspended sentence”(note the SS next to it). It’s still misleading, the way he explained it. He kinda made it seem like 3mos was all he was given, and it was easy for him to fake it like that because the 3yrs was given as a suspended sentence. What that means in a nutshell is that if he fkd up again within the next 3mos of probation he would go to prison and serve the remainder of the previously suspended 3yr sentence.

But it says 3 yrs probation, not 3 months. He got 3 yrs probation with a 3 year back up.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'm sorry,sir. Perhaps you're confusing me with a younger person.....part of the fanbase who watches the BC. This paper mache defense you're putting up insults my intelligence and yours.

The incident didn't happen last night, and we're trying to sort out the details today.
It happened several years ago, the paperwork is in the OP. CTG can clarify his version of the events and clear his name whenever he wants to.According to several comments in this thread, his account of the details of the case in previous interviews contradict what the paperwork says....even down to him giving his wrong age at the time of the incident.
First off miss me with that I'm a grown man don't watch the BC non sense.. I am also a grown man that don't mean nothing. I'm going by what you said.
that's why I can listen to the information presented without any bias and state my opinion. My whole point in all of this is neither of us were there so to be so convinced he lied cause he was two years off on his age, or because you cant wait to get him out of here is BS. This dude is being accused of raping a minor that's not some shyt to play with and falsely accuse him cause you don't like his commentary.. that's all I'm saying, based on what he has said and the fact that this chick waited until he got his biggest bag yet to want to re-open the case seems mad suspect. The fact that he did a dna test and accepted responsibility for part of what happened is not something a guilty person would do. So again why would any non biased person think he is guilty based on the facts and hearing both sides?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Ain't you the stupid poster that thinks Amir Muhammad killed Biggie?

There is no info that said DNA cleared him of rape. Stop saying dumb shyt. Every time you are on here you are posting incorrect info.

1*0NnCNPE3rbqyvgNugTOeng.png

seriously, are you fukking retarded ???

he took a fukking DNA test & the results showed no match to her rape test

:snoop:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
He was already convicted people, the criminal case is done. Nothing will come of this. They were only able to take down Cosby and that cac jew because they hadn't been convinced of anything yet. This ain't no me too. Not this one

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
First off miss me with that I'm a grown man don't watch the BC non sense.. I am also a grown man that don't mean nothing. I'm going by what you said.
that's why I can listen to the information presented without any bias and state my opinion. My whole point in all of this is neither of us were there so to be so convinced he lied cause he was two years off on his age, or because you cant wait to get him out of here is BS. This dude is being accused of raping a minor that's not some shyt to play with and falsely accuse him cause you don't like his commentary.. that's all I'm saying, based on what he has said and the fact that this chick waited until he got his biggest bag yet to want to re-open the case seems mad suspect. The fact that he did a dna test and accepted responsibility for part of what happened is not something a guilty person would do. So again why would any non biased person think he is guilty based on the facts and hearing both sides?

1. I said that your flimsy defense/points might stall the younger kids who make up the main fanbase of the BC, but not anybody over a certain age.
2. I didn't accuse him of raping or sexual battery against a minor, the court system in SC did
2013 South Carolina Code of Laws :: Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses :: CHAPTER 3 - OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON :: SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with a minor; aggravating and mitigating circumstances; penalties; repeat offenders.
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
CHAPTER 3 - OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON
SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with a minor; aggravating and mitigating circumstances; penalties; repeat offenders.

(B) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree if:

(1) the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is fourteen years of age or less but who is at least eleven years of age; or

(2) the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is at least fourteen years of age but who is less than sixteen years of age and the actor is in a position of familial, custodial, or official authority to coerce the victim to submit or is older than the victim. However, a person may not be convicted of a violation of the provisions of this item if he is eighteen years of age or less when he engages in consensual sexual conduct with another person who is at least fourteen years of ag
and the legal paperwork details how and why the case was "resolved" (or not)
3. In this climate...people have gotten dragged in public opinion for ALLEGATIONS of inappropriate behavior towards women, what makes you think that the same wouldn't occur in a documented criminal case involving a minor?
4. Adult women have difficulty following up and going through sexual assault cases, imagine what a teen girl goes through.
4. Will repeat this part from my last post...CTG can clarify any time he feels like it and tell the truth as he sees it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Petition Demands Charlamagne Tha God's Firing From 'The Breakfast Club' After Rape Allegations Resurface

Petition Demands Charlamagne Tha God's Firing From 'The Breakfast Club' After Rape Allegations Resurface
7/11/2018 by Colin Stutz

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL ME
charlamagne-tha-god-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Joshua Blanchard/Getty Images for Politicon
Charlamagne Tha God at the MSNBC: Hip Hop and Politics panel during Politicon at Pasadena Convention Center on July 30, 2017 in Pasadena, California.
A woman who accused the popular radio personality of rape in 2001 when she was 15 says she is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case.
The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne Tha God (born Lenard Larry McKelvey) is facing pressure over a 17-year-old rape allegation with a new petition demanding his firing from the popular iHeartMedia radio show.

A Care2 petition launched Wednesday (July 11) had more than 1,700 supporters at time of publishing, claiming it was in support of Jessica Reid, who accused McKelvey of rape in 2001. It follows a report by The Blast from Tuesday, where Reid and her mother told the website the now-32-year-old is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case against McKelvey.

Reid was only 15 when she first brought the allegations against McKelvey. Her mother, Joslyn, told The Blast that at the time, she was trying to protect her daughter from suffering and stopped the teenager from cooperating in the prosecution.

Read More
Charlamagne Isn't Giving Up on Kanye West After Slavery Comments: 'I Don't Think Kanye Should Be Canceled Yet'

McKelvey was ultimately found guilty of a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and was sentenced to three years of probation.

Reid now says that she is looking for closure on the incident.

South Carolina -- where the incident took place -- has no statute of limitations on criminal prosecution.

According to a 2001 police report from the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, Reid and a friend claimed to have been picked up and brought to a short-stay Naval housing facility and given a liquid to drink that tasted like soda. That was the last thing Reid's friend said she remembered before waking up with a man trying to kiss her. She claimed to have forced the man away and went to find Reid, who was in the room across from where she was, naked and crying, stating she had been raped. The girls were brought to a local hospital, where staff corroborated that a sexual assault had occurred and took a statement implicating McKelvey as the assailant.

Nearly a month later, McKelvey -- who was 22 at the time -- was arrested for criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree, specifically, "willfully, unlawfully and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen year old female child."

Read More
Kanye West Talks 'Breakdown' and More in Lengthy Charlamagne Tha God Interview: Watch

McKelvey has previously discussed the charges against him. In an interview with DJ Akademiks, he said he had thrown the party where the alleged rape took place but left early. He said that he spoke to police following the incident, since it had been his party, but since they didn't have any other suspects they pinned it on him -- and that is why they reduced the charges.

Billboard reached out to McKelvey's rep but did not receive a response at press time.

"We want to send a powerful message to all of the people who like to prey on innocent children that it's not going to happen on our watch," states the petition. "No matter how much money or influence you have, we will not allow you to hurt our children."

McKelvey co-hosts the nationally syndicated iHeartMedia program The Breakfast Club and recently interviewed Kanye West in a high-profile video released ahead of the artist's Ye album. His new book, Shook One: Anxiety Playing Tricks on Me, is scheduled for release in October via Simon & Schuster, following his New York Times bestseller Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It.

iHeartMedia declined to comment.

article from BILLBOARD magazine

I think the light is turning green...Billboard covering the story gives cover to these smaller news outlets.They don't have to be afraid anymore.........I think.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He toss Cosby under the the bus, Hoped on the black men rape culture shyt and lets not forget giving the anti black men feminist a voice to toss us under the bus.

Let’s see those same black feminists he was supporting ride for him now. You can’t be allies with snakes. I hope this c00n goes down hard. fukk him.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
This level of hysteria is insane. So many people want to take this dude down :gucci:

And y'all support this witch hunt for a black man? :scust:
nikka please, this black c00n was instrumental in bringing down several black men, beating the drums for his black feminist cohorts to attack other black men. This man is nothing but a attack dog to black men. He’s a snake. The worst type of black man. He doesn’t deserve ANY type of sympathy from real nikkas.

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

7/11/2018 by Colin Stutz

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL ME
charlamagne-tha-god-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Joshua Blanchard/Getty Images for Politicon
Charlamagne Tha God at the MSNBC: Hip Hop and Politics panel during Politicon at Pasadena Convention Center on July 30, 2017 in Pasadena, California.
A woman who accused the popular radio personality of rape in 2001 when she was 15 says she is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case.
The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne Tha God (born Lenard Larry McKelvey) is facing pressure over a 17-year-old rape allegation with a new petition demanding his firing from the popular iHeartMedia radio show.

A Care2 petition launched Wednesday (July 11) had more than 1,700 supporters at time of publishing, claiming it was in support of Jessica Reid, who accused McKelvey of rape in 2001. It follows a report by The Blast from Tuesday, where Reid and her mother told the website the now-32-year-old is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case against McKelvey.

Reid was only 15 when she first brought the allegations against McKelvey. Her mother, Joslyn, told The Blast that at the time, she was trying to protect her daughter from suffering and stopped the teenager from cooperating in the prosecution.

Read More
Charlamagne Isn't Giving Up on Kanye West After Slavery Comments: 'I Don't Think Kanye Should Be Canceled Yet'

McKelvey was ultimately found guilty of a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and was sentenced to three years of probation.

Reid now says that she is looking for closure on the incident.

South Carolina -- where the incident took place -- has no statute of limitations on criminal prosecution.

According to a 2001 police report from the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, Reid and a friend claimed to have been picked up and brought to a short-stay Naval housing facility and given a liquid to drink that tasted like soda. That was the last thing Reid's friend said she remembered before waking up with a man trying to kiss her. She claimed to have forced the man away and went to find Reid, who was in the room across from where she was, naked and crying, stating she had been raped. The girls were brought to a local hospital, where staff corroborated that a sexual assault had occurred and took a statement implicating McKelvey as the assailant.

Nearly a month later, McKelvey -- who was 22 at the time -- was arrested for criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree, specifically, "willfully, unlawfully and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen year old female child."

Read More
Kanye West Talks 'Breakdown' and More in Lengthy Charlamagne Tha God Interview: Watch

McKelvey has previously discussed the charges against him. In an interview with DJ Akademiks, he said he had thrown the party where the alleged rape took place but left early. He said that he spoke to police following the incident, since it had been his party, but since they didn't have any other suspects they pinned it on him -- and that is why they reduced the charges.

Billboard reached out to McKelvey's rep but did not receive a response at press time.

"We want to send a powerful message to all of the people who like to prey on innocent children that it's not going to happen on our watch," states the petition. "No matter how much money or influence you have, we will not allow you to hurt our children."

McKelvey co-hosts the nationally syndicated iHeartMedia program The Breakfast Club and recently interviewed Kanye West in a high-profile video released ahead of the artist's Ye album. His new book, Shook One: Anxiety Playing Tricks on Me, is scheduled for release in October via Simon & Schuster, following his New York Times bestseller Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It.

iHeartMedia declined to comment.

article from BILLBOARD magazine

I think the light is turning green...Billboard covering the story gives cover to these smaller news outlets.They don't have to be afraid anymore.........I think.
VinceCarterItsOver.gif