Damn they got paper work on Charlamagne(update aww shyt Victim wants to reopen case)

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Ok, thanks for the clarification, but that's different from what you stated earlier. You said a trial and acquittal need to be had in order for double-jeopardy to apply, that's not necessarily the case.

Also, I tried clicking the link multiple times and it gave me a run-time error. Double Jeopardy wouldn't apply in NP because the state never pursued the case beyond the original complaint handed to them by the Police Department.

Had the prosecution went forward and had he been indicted on that top charge (which would have included lesser charges) then Double Jeopardy would have applied. Can you link a copy of the indictment? I am unable to find one online.

Also, if it's not a lesser charge but (in your words) a "separate charge"...isn't the separate charge by definition not as severe as the rape charge? So how is it not a lesser charge if it emanates from the same complaint?
Honestly I'm confused about the whole Double Jeopardy thing with regards to plea agreements. I'll admit I may have spoke out of turn on that. It's actually something I've this thread has made me do further research because I think it is an interesting question. Especially @HewittAve inquiry about the murder plea to manslaughter. I genuinely am not sure of the answer to that.

I believe the run time error is because thecoli tried to shorten the link with the ellipses. The top post in this reddit thread has it. Click on the link that says "real case"

It took a while for it to load for me and a couple refreshes but it's there.

As far as the lesser charge. I think of lesser charge when they stack charges on the same case. For example they charge you for assault and aggravated assault if you point a gun at somebody. Then a plea they might agree to drop the aggravated assault charge and just charge you with assault which is the lesser one. But I'll admit I'm not well versed on this.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Maryland Court of Appeals Decision:

https://www.mdcourts.gov/data/opinions/coa/2017/19a17.pdf

We affirm the Court of Special Appeals, holding that because the State’s authority to nol pros applies only to charges, the State may not use its nol pros authority to alter a final judgment, i.e. conviction and sentence.

Had CGod pled to a lesser charge on an indictment, that contained the top charge, the state would not be able to go back and re-prosecute on the top charge.

Also, the clerk of the court enters this information into the court-website database, the minutes of Charlamagne's of his plea agreement is what rules.
:ohhh: I was actually trying to research this.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly I'm confused about the whole Double Jeopardy thing with regards to plea agreements. I'll admit I may have spoke out of turn on that. It's actually something I've this thread has made me do further research because I think it is an interesting question. Especially @HewittAve inquiry about the murder plea to manslaughter. I genuinely am not sure of the answer to that.

I believe the run time error is because thecoli tried to shorten the link with the ellipses. The top post in this reddit thread has it. Click on the link that says "real case"

It took a while for it to load for me and a couple refreshes but it's there.

As far as the lesser charge. I think of lesser charge when they stack charges on the same case. For example they charge you for assault and aggravated assault if you point a gun at somebody. Then a plea they might agree to drop the aggravated assault charge and just charge you with assault which is the lesser one. But I'll admit I'm not well versed on this.

I feel you breh, at the end of the day they make the law so convoluted it's hard to keep track.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The SOURCE reported it and mysteriously the post went down.

Charlamagne is only going to make this worse on himself.

jFtj9a5.png

fishfry600

All Star
Daps
The SOURCE reported it and mysteriously the post went down.

Charlamagne is only going to make this worse on himself.

jFtj9a5.png
Yeah its a total media black out. The feminist who love them some #me too are silent and also comments and videos remove from youtube. Sites are not reporting on this and no trending on twitter.Wow!!!! Look how hard they went at Nate Parker, Cosby, Morgan freeman, Russel Simmons etc :gucci:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Yeah its a total media black out. The feminist who love them some #me too are silent and also comments and videos remove from youtube. Sites are not reporting on this and no trending on twitter.Wow!!!! Look how hard they went at Nate Parker, Cosby, Morgan freeman, Russel Simmons etc :gucci:
Dig deeper and you’ll see who’s really pulling the strings behind BLM, black feminists, urban media and so on.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Why are you guys taking up for a alleged rapist? Honest question.

The post/gif is illustrating that the greenlight to cover the story hasn't been granted yet by the decision makers in the entertainment industry. Get it? Long ass red light at the traffic stop. So called "journalists" are being blocked by the people who make money from this guy.

read my posts in this thread

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
when he does address the media blackout, he will say it was all his lawyers' doing & thats what he pays them to do blah blah blah