DAMN... the PlayStation Classic flopped. Already 40% off and it came out 3 weeks ago

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Young gamers aren't interested in those old PS1 games and older gamers should already have the classics they wanted by now. You can emulate most of those games on an average PC.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Never owned a PS1, so I didn't care to get this in the first place because I don't have nostalgic feelings for the system and the games didn't age well, but it's been fascinating to see Sony dropping the ball on this. This should've been a monster hit. I think they'll rally back with a new "improved" version for 2019 (priced lower than the original price). There is still a lot of money to be made in doing a "good" PS Classic, even if this first try was a flop.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
PS1/N64 era games, by and large, have not aged well. From a design standpoint they're still classics (good game design is forever) and anyone interested in the history of gaming should experience them. But the growing pains of switching from 2D to 3D are laid bare in damn near everything from that time from a playability standpoint, and the games are ugly as sin. Old 3D graphics just don't have the same timeless quality as 2D sprites. It's just a difficult era to go back to.

Last edited:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Random thought, was doing a clean out yesterday and found my PS2 in mint condition

:ohhh:

Now need to find my PS1

Any peeps hacked the Playstation Classic with Retroarch? I have but it keeps shutting down intermittedly, I've read that it may be because the USB drive is draining power from the console

Any ideas? I've ordered a 128gb USB stick but that might cause the same issues but I can't play the shytty ass 20 stock games on the system

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It was a stupid idea in the first place. When they decided to take away the ability to download PS1 games and moved it into that stupid Subscription service they were going downhill. This is just the finisher.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:birdman: The 6 games that NEEDED to be on the list:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Die Hard Trilogy
CastleVania: Symphony of the night
Silent Hill
Tenchu Stealth Assassins
Mega Man X4

:wow: dat Soul Reaver Intro stone cold classic storytelling...

:ufdup:
ridge racer type 4 slander will not be tolerated.
that soundtrack alone is worth buying that ps classic
one of the best soundtracks in a car game

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
My PS2 still works. The PS1 games that I have that still works are Tekken,.FIFA World cup 98, Rayman and Rival Schools.

Sony should've come with better emulation.