Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I upgraded my entire build to just play fukking starfield thinking I was gonna get space Skyrim not worse outer worlds. I wasn't having any power spikes on any other game I played including that mid as unfinished unpolished unoptimized garbage that was warhammer darktide. But with my 3060 ti and 850w shyt would cut off right at the start of the game after that dog fight, over and over. shyt drove me crazy trying to figure out if it was overheating or whatever until I took it to a shop to see if I was missing something. It was my PSU shutting down when graphics card spiked out too much power because of starfield.

Upgraded to a 4090 and 1300w PSU platinum and a ryzen 9 7950x......And I still had reboots in places and the game isn't doing it for me gameplay wise yet. However Buldur's gate on ultra looks like butter tho. And payday 3 beta looked nuts too.

I'm not a broke boy this console war shyt means nothing to me but after fallout 76 (even tho I found some enjoyment in that game) and starfield without mods Im kinda over Bethesda.

Yeah, im still willing to give it a fair shot once im done with BG3 but it’s clear to see a downward trend for Bethesda games

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Yeah, im still willing to give it a fair shot once im done with BG3 but it’s clear to see a downward trend for Bethesda games
I gassed myself up. I thought at the bare minimum even if Todd is lying the exploration and atmosphere would be better than no man sky. shyt fallout 76 as mid and unfinished as that was had better dungeons and atmosphere. I can't call it with these people.

Everything so far just feels like I got COVID again and I can't taste shyt. Shooting is bland (that first fight was so mid), I literally hate the dog fights, planets are empty af and the story worse than diablo 4. Then I swear to God I'm seeing the same events and items over and over.

People can cope and shyt on base Skyrim and compare the games but base Skyrim wasn't this bad. I don't absolutely hate it, but god damn I'm not feeling it.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the subject of Starfield, im glad I didn’t buy an Xbox just to play it, id enjoy it like I enjoyed Skyrim and fallout 4, but it’s clear now the dust settled and some of these less biased reviews have dropped that it’s just a dated as hell Bethesda engine in a different location other than a wasteland or fantasy setting, I feel like this is like when Red Dead Redemption 2 dropped, it was an amazing game overall, but people weren’t letting rockstar slide again with those same nasty and dated shooting mechanics and character controls/movement/reaction that were in GTA5

Bethesda REALLY need to reinvent for ES the same way I’m sure rockstar have for GTA6

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
On the subject of Starfield, im glad I didn’t buy an Xbox just to play it, id enjoy it, but it’s clear now the dust settled and some of these less biased reviews have dropped that it’s just a dated as hell Bethesda engine in a different location other than a wasteland or fantasy setting

Yep, you know IGN and Gamespot feeling vindicated for their 7’s

Like the girl from gamespot that got killed originally for giving cyberpunk a 7

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans

:mjlol:

nikkas ain't even had a 1st party exclusive this whole year and still walking around with they chest out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony stans

:mjlol:

nikkas ain't even had a 1st party exclusive this whole year and still walking around with they chest out

With sonys output they could go two more years without exclusives and still be ahead

Thats what Larry’s don’t understand, the score doesn’t reset every year, or every generation. Starfield is not gonna make a dent in hardware sales the way Spider-Man 2 will in a few weeks

Microsofts games just have no cultural impact

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With sonys output they could go two more years without exclusives and still be ahead

Thats what Larry’s don’t understand, the score doesn’t reset every year, or every generation. Starfield is not gonna make a dent in hardware sales the way Spider-Man 2 will in a few weeks

“The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.”

Steve Jobs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.”

Steve Jobs

And they can keep bringing up spider-man all they want but the truth is, that nor any other Sony exclusive is really meant to save the platform or “get the dominoes to fall” or “be the starting gun” 3 years into this generation, 5 generations in.

Sony crossed the finish line with exclusive content over a decade ago

Daps
I will go so far as to say that I have zero desire to play Fallout 5 if Bethesda Softworks is making it. If it's Obsidian making it, then it's on, but I'm good with Bethesda-developed RPGs unless and until they show me something different.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I will go so far as to say that I have zero desire to play Fallout 5 if Bethesda Softworks is making it. If it's Obsidian making it, then it's on, but I'm good with Bethesda-developed RPGs unless and until they show me something different.

They need to move on from their current engine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Maybe if they announce they are throwing creation engine in the bushes

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Exactly Xbox does not have any games that are system sellers. Halo was one but Infinite was a flop.