Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
“The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.”

Steve Jobs
xbox actually started out with a particular taste - it was the american dudebro box. that taste got watered down over time as the reality of needing to appeal to more people set in.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
xbox actually started out with a particular taste - it was the american dudebro box. that taste got watered down over time as the reality of needing to appeal to more people set in.

The DNA is still there tbh

A lot of their most popular games were always FPS games and even their new acquisitions are FPS focused. shyt, even their RPG’s are FPS games now

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the subject of Starfield, im glad I didn’t buy an Xbox just to play it, id enjoy it like I enjoyed Skyrim and fallout 4, but it’s clear now the dust settled and some of these less biased reviews have dropped that it’s just a dated as hell Bethesda engine in a different location other than a wasteland or fantasy setting, I feel like this is like when Red Dead Redemption 2 dropped, it was an amazing game overall, but people weren’t letting rockstar slide again with those same nasty and dated shooting mechanics and character controls/movement/reaction that were in GTA5

Bethesda REALLY need to reinvent for ES the same way I’m sure rockstar have for GTA6
I was in multiple threads for the past year stating I was gonna cop a series x or a s even just to play this game and of all people my girl got me to wait until the reviews were out (I’m a compulsive video buyer lol) and good thing I did because I would’ve been mad af.

It looks good but not what I was expecting from Bethesda, I thought they would’ve learned from Fallout 4

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was in multiple threads for the past year stating I was gonna cop a series x or a s even just to play this game and of all people my girl got me to wait until the reviews were out (I’m a compulsive video buyer lol) and good thing I did because I would’ve been mad af.

It looks good but not what I was expecting from Bethesda, I thought they would’ve learned from Fallout 4

:mjcry:

Daps
Exactly Xbox does not have any games that are system sellers. Halo was one but Infinite was a flop.
Gears was hot back in the 360 era. Forza pushed consoles.

The real issue is mismanagement of IP with potential. My big example is that they took something like Crackdown, got people into it with help of the Halo 3 online beta, and then completely fukked up the next two games. That right there is the Microsoft story for coming up on fifteen years now.

A better steward of IP has Crackdown in a position to be an IP that will attract at least some people to their new console in 2015. They can't all be Super Mario Bros./TLoU/Halo. You also need those second-tier IP like Kirby, Ratchet and Clank, etc., to help sell your system.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gears was hot back in the 360 era. Forza pushed consoles.

The real issue is mismanagement of IP with potential. My big example is that they took something like Crackdown, got people into it with help of the Halo 3 online beta, and then completely fukked up the next two games. That right there is the Microsoft story for coming up on fifteen years now.

A better steward of IP has Crackdown in a position to be an IP that will attract at least some people to their new console in 2015. They can't all be Super Mario Bros./TLoU/Halo. You also need those second-tier IP like Kirby, Ratchet and Clank, etc., to help sell your system.
Facts

Crackdown 2 had me and 2 of my brothers in the crib for days completing that game and finding all the orbs good times and of course Gears was our favorite franchise until 4 came and shyt the bed. There’s still hope though

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
The DNA is still there tbh

A lot of their most popular games were always FPS games and even their new acquisitions are FPS focused. shyt, even their RPG’s are FPS games now
There's a reason why everyone last gen was telling Microsoft to have more DIVERSITY in their library because that's what got a lot of people fukking with the OG Xbox and the 360 in the first place outside of Forza, Gears and Halo.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Real talk it killed jrpgs. That's all Sony nerds would talk about. But then halo dropped. Halo alone moved 360s by the boat. Game pass looking crazy light in comparison to the 360 library.

On the flip side I don't feel like Sony is anything special this gen either. It's an odd gen to me.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Real talk it killed jrpgs. That's all Sony nerds would talk about. But then halo dropped. Halo alone moved 360s by the boat. Game pass looking crazy light in comparison to the 360 library.

On the flip side I don't feel like Sony is anything special this gen either. It's an odd gen to me.

That’s because this is the era of the PC :blessed: