Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of nintendo games still use gyro though, so motion controls still lead to a pretty common gameplay and accessibility feature. Microsoft is extremely far behind in their controller features

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A lot of nintendo games still use gyro though, so motion controls still lead to a pretty common gameplay and accessibility feature. Microsoft is extremely far behind in their controller features

Ehh, motion controls in a regular gamepad is pretty niche and not really a key feature IMO. Xbox does the adaptive controller pretty well for those who need it

I'd rather have more than 6 hours of battery life than gimmicky gyro controls:lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehh, motion controls in a regular gamepad is pretty niche and not really a key feature IMO. Xbox does the adaptive controller pretty well for those who need it

I'd rather have more than 6 hours of battery life than gimmicky gyro controls:lolbron:

Gyro doesn’t really effect battery though, the pro controller has it and you charge it like once a week

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
gyro aiming is cool. waggling joycons, not so much

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gyro doesn’t really effect battery though, the pro controller has it and you charge it like once a week

You said the xbox controller is extremely far behind due to a super niche feature most gamers don't even use like that. Can't say that I agree:hubie:

The DualSense not even cracking 10 hours for battery life while the Switch Pro and Xbox controllers are between 30-40 hours is more along the lines of being far behind the competition

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
Also, he is right about one thing and its been stated on here before…Microsoft shyt the bed last generation and its going to have long term consequences for the future. That was the generation where people started building their digital libraries and yeah, people are becoming more entrenched into their 8th gen eco systems going into this current one.

But it still circles back to quality games, they didn’t put any out last generation, their stans argued in defense of them to their own detriment. if they had put the pressure on microsoft like they’re doing now they wouldn’t be so far behind and they aren’t going to close the gap until they put out big quality games to get people talking, whether they focus on xcloud, gamepass, pc, or mobile, you still need good games.

Yall can say this, but its all anecdotal. We already have examples of sony and nintendo putting out big games and what thats doing for their platforms, yall are not being objective when you say this. You not liking god of war, or horizon, or gt7, doesn’t mean everything is even Steven. Sony is putting out big games, even if yall try to downplay them as cross-gen, or “forgotten” they get people talking about them.

Same with Nintendo, they manage to stay in the zeitgeist with Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, and even b-tier franchises like Kirby and Metroid.
God of war and horizon dropped last year. I loved God of war, but what as dropped that was buzz worthy since then?
Like since PS4 the droughts has been getting longer and longer. 3rd party titles are trash, first party titles are to far in-between.
Dope games will drop in the fall... Allegedly then what? 6 months of indie titles and franchise remakes?

All systems are hurting out here

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
o

Sea of theives has way more players and engagement than goldeneye ever did. It’s not even close

The kinect games were very successful too.

Once again y’all place stan narratives over actual reality:manny:
One was the foundation for an entire genre.

The other I had to look up on Google as "Xbox One popular game made by Rare".

There's levels to this. :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
PS5 most played games are the same as xbox most played games and none of them are exclusives. :manny:

Dreamcast died despite great and iconic “exclusives”. That already flies in the face of your opinion here.

PS1 had “exclusives” by virtue of being the only damn viable console on the market.

The joycons are by far the worst thing about the switch. Everybody broke their neck to run out and buy a pro controller. Nintendo don’t even put much of that shyt in their games anymore. I think there’s only like 2 or 3 switch games that actually require you to use them.
Dreamcast would've died SOONER if not for those exclusives. Dreamcast died because Sega used all of their resources and people were able to own all of their games without buying them. Bootlegging killed Dreamcast. As far as ur views on Kinect. It's hilarious. Because this is not how yall was acting about it back in the day. Lol.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
People keep talking about Microsoft being a trillion dollar company keep missing the point.

Sony and Nintendo were at a point where they HAD to lean heavily into these markets for their companies to remain viable.

Microsoft is the market leader in OS, and productivity apps, but they also have other viable products that make money, but operate in a small market share -- for example, Bing.

Micrososft can remain in 3rd place in the console market it's entire existence and remain a viable platform.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
What business is cool with being in last place?

You have a team saying, nah we’re never going to win, but we sell cheap hot dogs and beer.

TF wrong with y’all

:mjlol:
Damn it crazy to think about it, but Sony fukked them over so badly int the console market, it forced them to go a different route with this service shyt.
Xbox nikkas love to reminisce about the 360 sales days, how it was 80M to 81M. It really wasnt, a few of those Ms were due to the RROD and ppl having to buy another 360. shyt had me heated when I had to buy another one :mjlol:
They were perfectly positioned off the 360 though. They were known as the "multiplayer console"/online stuff while ps was known for the single player experience. It's a ok short term strat, especially with ps3 being hard to develop for, but wouldnt only last til the next gen came and Sony got their head outta their asses and made a more dev friendly console. The only reason I got a 360 was due to wanted to play UFC online there (I was in an online league lmao). At the end of the day it's about IP for your console. Sony laid seeds with IP that they still use today like GoW and TLoU. Made new IP like Horizon. MS fumbled their shyt because they let their heavy hitters shyt the bed and relied to heavily on 3rd party shyt. Seemed like ppl liked Crackdown back in the day, last entry seems ill received. Halo seemed abandoned for years. Dead Rising made me want a 360.