Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So you are basically agreeing with what he's saiyng.
People are locked into whatever they are locked into, and the only way that really changes is when said company does something you don't like.

Nope they trash and refuse to learn. If they made a competent Gears 6 I’d be there day one, but this new Microsoft garbage. Putting mobile store tactics into your paid AAA game, :camby:

I could give a fukk about perfect dark, fable, or anything ABK related. Nothing they making says I need this console.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Are you dense?

I wasn't disagreeing with what you posted, just saying its not some ah ha moment like you are insinuating. Business would take a hit without one of the best selling series on it. I'm shocked.
No, not business would “take a hit”

Their entire business plan doesn’t make sense. There is no playstation without COD, Fortnight, Etc money.

Xbox would see no economic benefits by convincing playstation players to buy an xbox. Unless those people are gonna Also spend a bunch of money on COD, Fortnight, etc on xbox.

Xbox is better off getting them into the xbox ecosystem through games pass/xcloud.

People are so attached to their ecosystems at this point. No amount of good xbox exclusives is gonna create a mass exodus of people that are gonna switch ecosystems for the bulk of their purchases.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Their entire business plan doesn’t make sense. There is no playstation without COD, Fortnight, Etc money.

Xbox would see no economic benefits by convincing playstation players to buy an xbox. Unless those people are gonna Also spend a bunch of money on COD, Fortnight, etc on xbox.

Xbox is better off getting them into the xbox ecosystem through games pass/xcloud.

People are so attached to their ecosystems at this point. No amount of good xbox exclusives is gonna create a mass exodus of people that are gonna switch ecosystems for the bulk of their purchases.

Once again. you aren't a CFO for these companies. how can you say their business plan "doesn't make sense" :dead:

Sony seems to be a fairly profitable company. Is that not the goal of a business. what they are doing is working. what microsoft is doing even with their dogshyt games is WORKING they are making billions and billions of dollars.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Once again. you aren't a CFO for these companies. how can you say their business plan "doesn't make sense" :dead:
Cause that’s what they said. I’m not making it up :dahell:
Sony seems to be a fairly profitable company. Is that not the goal of a business. what they are doing is working. what microsoft is doing even with their dogshyt games is WORKING they are making billions and billions of dollars.
They both make the bulk of their profit off selling other peoples games.

Sony has consoles on lock.

Microsoft is trying to grab people from elsewhere.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Remember when tidal tried to get people to move over with exclusive content from Spotify and tidal even had better audio quality modes and all. People was like I'm not about to abandon my playlist and setup for exclusive music or content:yeshrug: I mean some did, and some had both for awhile but overall Tidal ended up raising prices and gaining a minimum amount of market share with Jay z selling like 80 percent of it. :mjlol:

And even that situation is better than the console situation because at least tidal is a monthly sub service, but people buying a console (which they lose money on) and a 70 dollar game here and there is infinity times worse.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Cause that’s what they said. I’m not making it up :dahell:

They both make the bulk of their profit off selling other peoples games.

Sony has consoles on lock.

Microsoft is trying to grab people from elsewhere.

So some sony representative said their business plan doesn't make sense? or is that your words.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
a big problem with Xbox is they just don’t have an identity of their own anymore. Even the name xbox just feels outdated and meaningless.

Thats why i always say as cringe as it was that whole bro-shooter, dorito-dew era was their best branding. It separated them for a time from “kiddie” nintendo and weeb-machine playstation.

Now they just lack any kind of really identity in the console space. They are turning into cricket mobile, they are known as the bargain console with bargain games, best value is something dollar tree prides itself on.

A big reason why they lost their identity is because they don’t really produce games so they don’t really have the opportunity to brand themselves any sort of way and when they do release games they are so inconsistent in quality and design. Nintendo make all-ages, family friend “fun” games, Sony has their big blockbusters, whats Microsoft? They are literally just throwing things at a wall. I’ve heard Sony talk candidly about how they want to be the video game version of Nike, they know what they want to sell, they want their products to feel premium even if theres not a huge difference in hardware.

Branding matters, and you define yourself by the products you put out. Microsoft just feels like that kid in college that doesn’t know what he wants to major in and jsut gets a degree in liberal arts or sociology

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m obviously paraphrasing. You can play whatever semantics game you won’t to, but the gist of it is the same.

you need to use that google search engine you're so fund of and learn what semantics and paraphrasing are my guy,

Last edited: