Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This persecution complex isn’t gonna win anyone over. When Microsoft was doing those big “moneyhats” they were selling more consoles and software, the only reason they don’t still do it is becuase it would be insanely expensive to cut playstation out now and no one wants their games failing on a low selling console like Titanfall and Tomb Raider
Realistically does the industry benefit more if microsoft jumps in a bidding war for 3rd party games with sony and make all of them “exclusive” to xbox or if they get cloud/gamepass on as many devices as possible and fill them with as many games as possible?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Goddamn Xbots down bad.

360 was great for M$ because they had good games. That’s a fact.

2 generations later they’re down bad because they don’t have any games.

The fukk is all this revisionist shyt about M$ doesn’t care about console sales. The fukk they making them for? For fun?

And last point is PC is not a console.

We considering HP and Dell console makers now?

It's not that they dont have games, it's just the CEO is a dumbass and focused solely on Gamepass and Not developing killer execlusives...:manny: what good is gamepass when the games dont matter? :troll:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Realistically does the industry benefit more if microsoft jumps in a bidding war for 3rd party games with sony and make all of them “exclusive” to xbox or if they get cloud/gamepass on as many devices as possible and fill them with as many games as possible?

Thats for the industry to decide. Seems like bidding for contracts on marketing and exclusivity has worked out well for most publishers

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
He
Just going through this thread..

@MeachTheMonster giving the fight of his life in here

TCKV.gif
he is showing more heart than Phillip, he needs to replace him

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Every day I wake up it’s something else with this god forsaken company

:mjlol:

This has got to be the worst month in press for a console ever

FTFY

This shyt is so bad that almost every other gaming headline is about how much Microsoft is failing. It’s like as a sony stan i derive my power from it but now im overloaded and weak

They gotta spread the bad news out a little bit more

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
FTFY

This shyt is so bad that almost every other gaming headline is about how much Microsoft is failing. It’s like as a sony stan i derive my power from it but now im overloaded and weak

They gotta spread the bad news out a little bit more
Negative xbox news gets all the clicks these days.

When people such as yourself get tired of sharing it the bubble will pop :ehh:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People also forget how good the original Xbox was..Conkers Bad Fur Day (the real conker game not the n64 shyt), Jet Set Radio, KoTOR, Jade Empire, not for me but Halo, Fable, Psychonauts, Forza, Ninja Gaiden, Elder Scrolls, Half Life 2, SHENMUE

Like, why can’t we just admit Microsoft has dropped the ball with games? Why all the flailing? :dahell:

Because we don’t understand “business”

Daps
People also forget how good the original Xbox was..Conkers Bad Fur Day (the real conker game not the n64 shyt), Jet Set Radio, KoTOR, Jade Empire, not for me but Halo, Fable, Psychonauts, Forza, Ninja Gaiden, Elder Scrolls, Half Life 2, SHENMUE

Like, why can’t we just admit Microsoft has dropped the ball with games? Why all the flailing? :dahell:
There is a reason that OG Xbox outsold Gamecube, and it wasn't just DVD player stuff because Xbox needed a thirty-dollar add-on to even play DVDs.

It was because Xbox had a great variety of games. No one was upset at Microsoft having Shenmue or JSRF or Panzer Dragoon or Gun Valkyrie as an exclusive because everyone knew Sega was down bad and needed all the money they could get to keep making games.

And they had studios to make their own sports games, their own party games, etc. Even the games that are 6s and 7s were good for being decent games that gave variety: Fuzion Frenzy, Blinx the Cat, Mech Assault, Kung Fu Chaos, Links, Top Spin Tennis, NFL Fever, etc.

If you look at the OG Xbox lineup, it's got variety and there was always something to play. I jumped from Dreamcast to Xbox after Sega went out of the console business because of the games, not because of some other nonsense.

I just want that variety to come back. They don't all need to be bangers. Some of them do, yeah, but some of them can just be interesting and different and make the Xbox ecosystem feel unique. People talk about how there aren't enough AAA games from Microsoft, which is true, but Microsoft also needs more Hifi Rush type games. They made way more of those type of games on OG Xbox and then got out front of the indie wave to duplicate that variety on 360.

Daps
OG xbox was microsoft’s worst selling console by far
Yeah, because it was their first one and came into a loaded market where PS2 was the obvious market leader.

It sold 25M. Do you know how good that is for a debut console from a console maker? That's a complete success. They beat Nintendo that generation, and they did it without Japan.

It set them up for the success of the 360. Microsoft would never have had what they had with the 360 without having that type of success with OG Xbox.