Damn, I slept on this game and this game is an underrated. Have anyone played this game?

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
i dont know, comparing Uncharted and Enslaved, gameplay-wise, is like when folks try to compare Grand Theft Auto and Sleeping Dogs.

one's combat is shooter focused and the other is hand-to-hand focused. nobody is playing Uncharted similarly to how they would play Enslaved. and you wouldn't(and shouldn't but a lot of people did try to:laugh:) try to play GTA like you would SD.

its a preference, neither is "better" their styles fit their games well.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
enslaved is even better than the last of us, and i haven't even played the last of us yet :troll:. im just sick of naughty dog being overrated

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't go by paid reviews. i make my own assessment. and uncharted is unbelievably overrated.
i go by own assessments as well and uncharted was the better game all around. enslaved still held its own though.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
they're doing nothing but getting the credit they deserve. they've set standards that even the game you're propping up borrowed from and hoped to reach but sadly didn't, which is why the thread was made. every popular game series' developer can be given the overrated label. it comes with success, which Ninja Theory is still hoping for.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: F*CKING GLITCH

I can't even hit anything at all so now I have to restart the last checkpoint....this is f*cking bullshyt dawg!

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
i'd compare Enslaved's combat gameplay to something else besides Uncharted. like I said GTA to Sleeping Dogs is what some of you are going through. like acting and cutscenes are obvious one's but combat isn't similar at all. i'd honestly say it is its own thing honestly. it's a stretch to compare them combat-wise.

one's a brawler and the other is a shooter. this is a preference thing, not "better" or "worse"

but hey, that's the beauty of it, you can have both:ahh:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
:beli: F*CKING GLITCH

I can't even hit anything at all so now I have to restart the last checkpoint....this is f*cking bullshyt dawg!
yeah, it glitched on me during a play through as well. where are you in the game?

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
----- that's cause theres crap tons of glitches. like one in each chapter or some shyt

or so i've heard/read :sas2:

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
they're doing nothing but getting the credit they deserve. they've set standards that even the game you're propping up borrowed from and hoped to reach but sadly didn't, which is why the thread was made. every popular game series' developer can be given the overrated label. it comes with success, which Ninja Theory is still hoping for.
no, just no. if we're talking about presentation, then yeah, naughty dog has done great with interpreting a live action movie into a video game. but i am of one who believes that video games should be built on the basis of gameplay first which the uncharted series was really mediocre at. i think my biggest gripe was the platforming. i know games aren't real, but when you try to make it seem so realistic, how can you expect me to believe a dude who got fukked up in a train crash, be hanging on ledge for his life, and then jump 10 ft in the air to another ledge? :mindblown:

if you're gonna rip off indiana jones. at least make him use a whip to help him with platforming. don't tell me a treasure hunting cac has more vertical leap than miami heat combined :camby:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
no, just no. if we're talking about presentation, then yeah, naughty dog has done great with interpreting a live action movie into a video game. but i am of one who believes that video games should be built on the basis of gameplay first which the uncharted series was really mediocre at. i think my biggest gripe was the platforming. i know games aren't real, but when you try to make it seem so realistic, how can you expect me to believe a dude who got fukked up in a train crash, be hanging on ledge for his life, and then jump 10 ft in the air to another ledge? :mindblown:

if you're gonna rip off indiana jones. at least make him use a whip to help him with platforming. don't tell me a treasure hunting cac has more vertical leap than miami heat combined :camby:
Enslaved isnt built on a principle of "gameplay 1st" either. these are video games man, suspension of disbelief is required and should be understood. Monkey does even more super human acts and he's human as well. Enslaved is based on Journey to the West but you aren't critiquing it for that.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I dont think LeBron out here doing this either.

Monkey made crazier jumps, he was on the outside of a projected escape pod and was still kicking.

by your own admitted standards, this shouldn't be the game you're championing over Uncharted.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
that's the difference. enslaved gameplay was engrossing and far more enjoyable than uncharted. it didn't even feel repetitive and yes, i could buy a dude who looks like the post-apocalypitic tarzan as doing crazy shyt as oppose to nathan drake who looks like another cac i see everyday

the dudes name is monkey. that's all i need